Irishpride86's Story -(SUCCESS ROGAINE & RU58841,NOW finasteride)

Selb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well today I decided to take some pictures of my totally natural hairline without it being shaped or anything. I'm 34 now btw, still on 1.25 finasteride, Rogaine foam 1x a day, and 120 MG ru per day.

I gotta say I was surprised my hairline is still intact. And this is a #1 buzz.

Been on treatments for 13 years.

Great head of hair, and at 34 too. Success story indeed. What would you say contributed most to your hair regrowth? And would you say RU was crucial to your success?

Jeju

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update in 2020.. hair is still doing great!

My protocol:
Minoxidil foam 1x a day two capfuls
Finisteride 1mg a day
Ru58841 120mg a day 70% ethanol 30% PG

Folks been on these treatments for over 10 years 11 to be exact. Here's a picture of me and my wife just last week!

Just trying to help.

Treatments work, you'll go through sheds continue with treatments.. and you'll be ok :)

Im getting older I'll be 34 this year!
Your hair appears to have turned grey in three months???

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on being a daddy and your lovely lady! Many thanks for taking the time to post your success story here, you've given me hope!! I'm 23 and just started taking Finasteride a week ago, hopefully I'll be here posting a success story 11 years from now just like you hahahahaha

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After buzzing my hair so I can see my true hairline, I'm impressed. It's going good, 13 years on treatments and at the age of 34, 1.25 MG of finasteride, 120 MG of ru58841, Rogaine foam 1x a day!

Keep on the treatments ride through the sheds!

Attachments

• 20210115_202648.jpg
    20210115_202648.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 208

Jeju

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Serious question - what are you going to when these treatments stops working/your
androgenetic alopecia is too much to handle?
Do you have a plan?

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Serious question - what are you going to when these treatments stops working/your
androgenetic alopecia is too much to handle?
Do you have a plan?
Well, it's been 13 years. If I lose a tone of ground then maybe FUE transplant, but I'm only looking for Maintenance at this point because my re growth happened long ago.

SwagDaddyMooney

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, it's been 13 years. If I lose a tone of ground then maybe FUE transplant, but I'm only looking for Maintenance at this point because my re growth happened long ago.
You're amazing bro. I'm on finasteride and min and it's been nothing but downhill for the past 6 months. I always come back to your thread (sad that the meat got deleted) to push me through.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look how fast my hair is growing within 1 month of shaving it all off! Minoxidil, finasteride, ru58841 is still working after 13 years!

Attachments

• 20210128_211038.jpg
    20210128_211038.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 144

Selb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look how fast my hair is growing within 1 month of shaving it all off! Minoxidil, finasteride, ru58841 is still working after 13 years!
Yeah minoxidil is probably driving that growth speed. Random question, but do you have less body hair because of finasteride?

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's an update after buzzing my hair to a #1, 2 months ago. I went through a small shed because the minoxidil was getting more to the scalp, but I've recovered and it's growing back in nicely. I'll post another update prolly in April. Again been on minoxidil foam, ru58841, and finasteride. Been on treatments for 13 years now.

Attachments

• 20210221_175707.jpg
    20210221_175707.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 68

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's an update after buzzing my hair to a #1, 2 months ago. I went through a small shed because the minoxidil was getting more to the scalp, but I've recovered and it's growing back in nicely. I'll post another update prolly in April. Again been on minoxidil foam, ru58841, and finasteride. Been on treatments for 13 years now.
we all only hope for result like this

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll go through prolly 3 bad sheds a year, but my hair always bounces back. I'm still WAY above baseline. And now that my shed is over and hair growing in thick again just wait in April I'll post a new update you'll see be night and day. After 13 years on these treatments you start to know and learn what happens during each shed cycle.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll go through prolly 3 bad sheds a year, but my hair always bounces back. I'm still WAY above baseline. And now that my shed is over and hair growing in thick again just wait in April I'll post a new update you'll see be night and day. After 13 years on these treatments you start to know and learn what happens during each shed cycle.
how long does each cycle usually last u