I Prevail. The End Of A Long Agonizing Road.

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you still on oral minoxidil ? Any sides?

Yep, I am still.

At the beggining i was greedy, and started with straight 20mg dose. And shiet it was bad idea xD After 3 days i had a headache, but i hoped that it will go away. It didnt and at day 5 i guess, I woke up at 5am with chest pain and i was like "f***, i will not stand this sides". So
I took a weekly break, every sides went away and started it again with 10mg dose. After i week increased to 15mg. And here I am, still taking 15mg.

I guess Its too soon to tell how much its helping + i started dermarolling in the same time, so its hard to tell, what is giving me regrowth.

All sides:
- Headache - It gone away, when i restarted
- Chest pain - It gone away, when i restarted
- I feel like from time to time I need to focus more to pee - It can be nocebo, my brain or side
- Dark circles - Im still not sure, its due the minoxidil or just hard time at the university - I got lots of exams and lots of parties XD
- From time to time heavier heartbeat - It can be nocebo, it can be side idk

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. ^^

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holly Molly, oral liq minoxidil taste rly bad xD I hope i will get used to it :D

Hey Mr. duck how’s it going after a little over a week now? Bought some niacin vitamins that are in capsules. I open the capsule, dump the powder out, and put in the liquid. Cap it back up and take it that way.

Last edited:

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Mr. duck how’s it going after a little over a week now? Bought some niacin vitamins that are in capsules. I open the capsule, dump the powder out, and put in the liquid. Cap it back up and take it that way.

I'm sorry I did not write back earlier ^^

I didnt get used to it, but i changed the way of drinking it :eek:
I fill my mouth with water and syrup, than add minoxidil and drink it together.

I hope it sounded understandable LUL

Btw. Im thinking about jumping on 20mg. The only side effect that bothers me are dark circles.

EDIT.
20.02.2019 - 24.02.2019 20mg dose, stopped due to side effects
1.03.2019 Started 10mg
8.03.2019 Started 15mg
13.04.2019 Started 20mg dose

Last edited:

vinnievandall

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry I did not write back earlier ^^

I didnt get used to it, but i changed the way of drinking it :eek:
I fill my mouth with water and syrup, than add minoxidil and drink it together.

I hope it sounded understandable LUL

Btw. Im thinking about jumping on 20mg. The only side effect that bothers me are dark circles.

EDIT.
1.03.2019 Started 10mg
8.03.2019 Started 15mg
So for say 10mg i need to drink 0,5 ml of 2% minoxidil ? Can i add it to a glass of water and drink it this way ?

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So was "just sticking with it" key here or did you make changes as of late?

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So for say 10mg i need to drink 0,5 ml of 2% minoxidil ? Can i add it to a glass of water and drink it this way ?
Yep you are right,
1 ml of 2% minoxidil = 20mg
0,5 ml of 2% minoxidil = 10mg
I believe you can, but I was a bit afraid that some part of minoxidil will remain on the edge of the glass, thats why i drop minoxidil right to the mouth.

I heard drinking liquid minoxidil is useless because of digestive enzymes

Nah i dont think so. I believe that I am an example that it works, because the hair appears not only on the head but also the whole body

So was "just sticking with it" key here or did you make changes as of late?

I am not sure if I understood the question right, but sticking with the regimen is always the key to cure the alopecia. The only change i did was increasing the dose of Minoxidil

1.03.2019 Started 10mg
8.03.2019 Started 15mg

@AnxiousAndy did the same, but only once from 12,5mg to 20mg if im not wrong

Cheers bro

Cheers bro i'll drink to that :)

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not sure if I understood the question right, but sticking with the regimen is always the key to cure the alopecia. The only change i did was increasing the dose of Minoxidil

Targeted towards OP but it doesn't really matter. I'm considering trying oral mino but I'm not sure if I wanna gamble on it and ride through a possible huge shed when topical didn't work at all for me whatsoever. Nor do I know if 5mg would be sufficient since people with thicker hair than me use more than 10mg. Maybe people are exaggerating their usage since some dermas give patients 0,5mg for hair, so 2,5mg would be more than enough to get a good idea if it works or not?

Are there any studies of long term usage of oral mino? Anti-androgens have been used for a decade or two by some without considerable repercussions.

Last edited:

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Targeted towards OP but it doesn't really matter. I'm considering trying oral mino but I'm not sure if I wanna gamble on it and ride through a possible huge shed when topical didn't work at all for me whatsoever. Nor do I know if 5mg would be sufficient since people with thicker hair than me use more than 10mg. Maybe people are exaggerating their usage since some dermas give patients 0,5mg for hair, so 2,5mg would be more than enough to get a good idea if it works or not?

Are there any studies of long term usage of oral mino? Anti-androgens have been used for a decade or two by some without considerable repercussions.

5 mg of Minoxidil is still a much stronger dose than topical minoxidil and probably worth to try.
I have stopped using topical minoxidil for a few days, because I had the impression that it worked very poorly on me.

About the shed - I didnt pay too much attention to than, so cant tell much, but i believe that i didnt shed much or at least didnt shed all over my head, maybe only on regrow places (?) Not sure and i dont have too much photos of hairline.

Antydhtor believed that the higher the dose of minoxidil, the better the effects. But I was not looking for research about it.

Are there any studies of long term usage of oral mino? I have no idea, I did not look for such research

In the end of the month i will take some pictures, and do my best to create my own thread, bcs atm i feel that the reasults are pretty good

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Today I am increasing my dose to 25 mg

Finasteride had a great effect on the density of my hair, but nothing like regrowing the temple.
minoxidil worked like a miracle to regrow the temples. There is still lots of work to do, to be NW0, but im overall happy with my journey with Oral minoxidil.

I have a feeling that oral minoxidil is the best drug you can take to ensure hair regrowth if you do not want to take estrogen

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to order 10mg (take 5MG) of oral mino, but not sure if I should. I can't deny that I'm scared of the side effects lol. Like can oral Min actually f*** your heart up? I hear people saying it gives you side effects but if you don't and you continue has there been a study on long term use?

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Oral minoxidil is a promising treatment for hair loss associated with monilethrix. When used in low doses it appears to be well tolerated. Based on observations in male and female pattern hair loss, it is likely that that long-term maintenance treatment will be required to prevent relapse of hair loss.

Patients receiving long-term treatment should have regular monitoring of their blood pressure and pulse rate, as oral minoxidil has been associated with postural hypotension and tachycardia. Generally, these side effects and fluid retention are only seen at higher dosages. Facial hypertrichosis can occur with both oral and topical minoxidil. Facial hypertrichosis is dose related, and when mild is easily managed with waxing, depilatory creams, or laser hair removal.

Further studies are required to document safety and efficacy."

From https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4887583/