I Prevail. The End Of A Long Agonizing Road.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to spend my time working out shirtless ( i know this is narcissitic) , so hell yeah i have gyno/puffy nipples.
But I don't know if I have already asked , but what is the exact process of cyproterone induced gyno? What is the difference with fina/duta induced gyno?
And the real question: will the gyno stop growing at a certain point? then i could adapt to it and do the surgery. ( I am at 7 month of dutasteride daily)

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly brah I am amazed by those who can take oral minoxidil and not getting huge dark circle and hypertrichosis...
And taking cypro and getting just a small case of gyno . Genetic is truly different for each people.
I got the bad circles, bloating etc. It amazes me when others don’t get them too.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you are a women if i remember right? And you are taking oral min?
I don't know how you don't get hypertrichosis.
@Georgie ; did you measure your cholesterol level while on duta? because mine have skyrocketted

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to spend my time working out shirtless ( i know this is narcissitic) , so hell yeah i have gyno/puffy nipples.
But I don't know if I have already asked , but what is the exact process of cyproterone induced gyno? What is the difference with fina/duta induced gyno?
And the real question: will the gyno stop growing at a certain point? then i could adapt to it and do the surgery. ( I am at 7 month of dutasteride daily)
Gyno will stop growing Michel. If it did not trans women everywhere would be hauling their breasts around in wheelbarrows.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i take 10mg at night loxidil brand, it just doesn't seem to be doing much on my scalp, seems to be growing hair fine in other places though. I think it may have helped slightly with my diffused thinning on the top of my head but im not sure, it has done nothing for my crown though. Maybe im just too far gone, here is a pic of my hair slightly wet and combed forward to show my crown. https://imgur.com/QCTlwap there are little hairs growing on an area that was nearly slick bald but that's about it i think, thinking of adding topical minoxidil at night. Anyway, enjoy your hair and new life that goes with it.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i take 10mg at night loxidil brand, it just doesn't seem to be doing much on my scalp, seems to be growing hair fine in other places though. I think it may have helped slightly with my diffused thinning on the top of my head but im not sure, it has done nothing for my crown though. Maybe im just too far gone, here is a pic of my hair slightly wet and combed forward to show my crown. https://imgur.com/QCTlwap there are little hairs growing on an area that was nearly slick bald but that's about it i think, thinking of adding topical minoxidil at night. Anyway, enjoy your hair and new life that goes with it.
Your crown doesn't look too bad, especially with the bright light shining on it. Maintenance is still a success man, keep using concealers and when you have the money go for a hair transplant. Doesn't seem like you will need many grafts either, probably about 1500.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your crown doesn't look too bad, especially with the bright light shining on it. Maintenance is still a success man, keep using concealers and when you have the money go for a hair transplant. Doesn't seem like you will need many grafts either, probably about 1500.

I don't actually use concealers, with my hair dry and combed properly i can get away with it. I was on finasteride for a year but lost ground, now im on dutasteride, oral minoxidil and im really thinking of adding topical. Transplant is certainly an option, im still hoping i can regain what i have lost without one but it's definitely an option if i don't see any improvements by the end of the year. Thanks.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't actually use concealers, with my hair dry and combed properly i can get away with it. I was on finasteride for a year but lost ground, now im on dutasteride, oral minoxidil and im really thinking of adding topical. Transplant is certainly an option, im still hoping i can regain what i have lost without one but it's definitely an option if i don't see any improvements by the end of the year. Thanks.
Why aren't you on an anti androgen? From my experience 5ar inhibitors do more harm than good without inhibiting testosterone. I'd personally ditch the dutasteride, go back to finasteride and use cypro.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why aren't you on an anti androgen? From my experience 5ar inhibitors do more harm than good without inhibiting testosterone. I'd personally ditch the dutasteride, go back to finasteride and use cypro.

I was leaving it until i had no option left, if i don't have results within a year im thinking of switching to bridgeburns regime or something along those lines, i'd like to explore every avenue before that though. I know i might be wasting precious time waiting for treatments to work but i would like to explore every avenue first. Im actually looking for a regime that works then going to my GP and asking for it to be prescribed with before and after pictures in hand as well. Don't feel to comfortable relying on the web over the long term.

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy Do you believe that if i will change topical 5% minoxidil 1 per day, for lets say 20mg oral liquid minoxidil i will see much improvement?
My hair atm looks like this - https://imgur.com/a/mwu2t4Y
And i have still hope to go back to NW1 as long as im still young (21 this year)

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gyno will stop growing Michel. If it did not trans women everywhere would be hauling their breasts around in wheelbarrows.
good news! Just need to know after how long... I am already at the 7 month mark of duta, maybe at 1.5 year i will do the surgery

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
according to this ; https://academic.oup.com/edrv/article/27/6/677/2355194

" Due to unwanted side effects like gynecomastia, E2 should not be used in men because very high topical doses seem to be required to obtain measurable hair growth effects "

minoxidil even is poorly absorbed topically thats why its solution is 5% for a decent amount. And the bottle last a million times longer if drunken instead. but estrogel is 0.06%

That's interesting. I wasn't aware of that. I assumed topical E2 would give an effectively high local concentration at the follicle, while relatively lower systemic concentration.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
you are a women if i remember right? And you are taking oral min?
I don't know how you don't get hypertrichosis.
@Georgie ; did you measure your cholesterol level while on duta? because mine have skyrocketted
No I didn’t, but since duta gave me other side effects I can’t use it. Terrible stuff.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy Do you believe that if i will change topical 5% minoxidil 1 per day, for lets say 20mg oral liquid minoxidil i will see much improvement?
My hair atm looks like this - https://imgur.com/a/mwu2t4Y
And i have still hope to go back to NW1 as long as im still young (21 this year)
Yes, but you would be really silly to take 20mg straight away. Start much lower. I would say 5-10mg AT MOST.
You have no idea what kind of side effects this drug can give you. Do not mess with high doses as soon as you switch to it.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but you would be really silly to take 20mg straight away. Start much lower. I would say 5-10mg AT MOST.
You have no idea what kind of side effects this drug can give you. Do not mess with high doses as soon as you switch to it.

Ya it can't be remarked upon enough that this is a blood pressure med we're playing around with here.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think you're atypical in this regard, fina has done wonders for my hair. Not where I want to be yet but it's night and day, at the same time I've used tongkat ali and other supps to increase my regular T and limit estrogen and I've still seen hair gains.

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oke doke, I will listen to you, but 3 questions first :D
1. After what time of taking 10mg can i increase the dose?
2. When i will increase can go straight for 20, or should i go for 15mg and then 20mg?
3. Are we 100% sure that oral liquid minoxidil is as safe as pills?

Last edited: