I Prevail. The End Of A Long Agonizing Road.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think there are some people who might not have enough sulfotransferase in their liver for oral minoxidil to work? I recently started oral minoxidil 2.5mg a day, so I'm curious about this question.

How is it going?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is it going?
Unfortunately I've had to stop using it (stopped two days ago), as it was causing my eyes to be very puffy and my whole face to look bloated. Several people starting commenting on my puffy eyes, including my dentist who seemed concerned about it and thought I'd had an allergic reaction to something. I didn't have puffy eyes at all until I started using the oral minoxidil. Now I'm back to just using dutasteride. Its a shame really, but I guess I should at least be grateful that I'm able to handle 5ar inhibitors (which many people are not).

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've had to stop using it (stopped two days ago), as it was causing my eyes to be very puffy and my whole face to look bloated. Several people starting commenting on my puffy eyes, including my dentist who seemed concerned about it and thought I'd had an allergic reaction to something. I didn't have puffy eyes at all until I started using the oral minoxidil. Now I'm back to just using dutasteride. Its a shame really, but I guess I should at least be grateful that I'm able to handle 5ar inhibitors (which many people are not).

Yeah, that's for sure. As long as it is decreasing your hair loss by a decent amount (don't remember how well you reported it was working) you might be in a better shape for a transplant or possibly a cure down the line than many others.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question to OP - do you have any issues with minoxidil messing up your collagen and aging you faster? Please let us know.

I'm on a similar regimen as OP, 10mg oral minoxidil daily, 1.25mg proscar daily, as well as a few vitamins and micro-needling. After a year on oral minoxidil I haven't seen any increase in ageing. I'm 34 and still pass for being in my mid to late 20s.

RecoveringMinoxAddict

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on a similar regimen as OP, 10mg oral minoxidil daily, 1.25mg proscar daily, as well as a few vitamins and micro-needling. After a year on oral minoxidil I haven't seen any increase in ageing. I'm 34 and still pass for being in my mid to late 20s.
Sounds good to me. Any other sides related to heart issues?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. Any other sides related to heart issues?

It lowers my blood pressure, but for me that's a good thing. I went from 160/100 to 120/80. My heart rate did go up though, frpm 70s to 90s, so it is something I watch.

If you aren't microneedling, start. Honestly, it has been the biggest game changer.

RecoveringMinoxAddict

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you aren't microneedling, start. Honestly, it has been the biggest game changer.
I was dermapenning for 8 months and it did NOTHING for my hairloss. Useless. Inb4 "you were doing it wrong". No, I was not. I was using 1.5 mm needle and paying lots of attention to hairline and temple areas. Once a week.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else have any updates on low dose oral minoxidil? The recent study that's been going around has my interest.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

What have the results been of your regimen?