I Prevail. The End Of A Long Agonizing Road.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think there are some people who might not have enough sulfotransferase in their liver for oral minoxidil to work? I recently started oral minoxidil 2.5mg a day, so I'm curious about this question.

How is it going?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is it going?
Unfortunately I've had to stop using it (stopped two days ago), as it was causing my eyes to be very puffy and my whole face to look bloated. Several people starting commenting on my puffy eyes, including my dentist who seemed concerned about it and thought I'd had an allergic reaction to something. I didn't have puffy eyes at all until I started using the oral minoxidil. Now I'm back to just using dutasteride. Its a shame really, but I guess I should at least be grateful that I'm able to handle 5ar inhibitors (which many people are not).

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've had to stop using it (stopped two days ago), as it was causing my eyes to be very puffy and my whole face to look bloated. Several people starting commenting on my puffy eyes, including my dentist who seemed concerned about it and thought I'd had an allergic reaction to something. I didn't have puffy eyes at all until I started using the oral minoxidil. Now I'm back to just using dutasteride. Its a shame really, but I guess I should at least be grateful that I'm able to handle 5ar inhibitors (which many people are not).

Yeah, that's for sure. As long as it is decreasing your hair loss by a decent amount (don't remember how well you reported it was working) you might be in a better shape for a transplant or possibly a cure down the line than many others.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question to OP - do you have any issues with minoxidil messing up your collagen and aging you faster? Please let us know.

I'm on a similar regimen as OP, 10mg oral minoxidil daily, 1.25mg proscar daily, as well as a few vitamins and micro-needling. After a year on oral minoxidil I haven't seen any increase in ageing. I'm 34 and still pass for being in my mid to late 20s.

RecoveringMinoxAddict

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on a similar regimen as OP, 10mg oral minoxidil daily, 1.25mg proscar daily, as well as a few vitamins and micro-needling. After a year on oral minoxidil I haven't seen any increase in ageing. I'm 34 and still pass for being in my mid to late 20s.
Sounds good to me. Any other sides related to heart issues?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. Any other sides related to heart issues?

It lowers my blood pressure, but for me that's a good thing. I went from 160/100 to 120/80. My heart rate did go up though, frpm 70s to 90s, so it is something I watch.

If you aren't microneedling, start. Honestly, it has been the biggest game changer.

RecoveringMinoxAddict

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you aren't microneedling, start. Honestly, it has been the biggest game changer.
I was dermapenning for 8 months and it did NOTHING for my hairloss. Useless. Inb4 "you were doing it wrong". No, I was not. I was using 1.5 mm needle and paying lots of attention to hairline and temple areas. Once a week.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else have any updates on low dose oral minoxidil? The recent study that's been going around has my interest.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

What have the results been of your regimen?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all. You may have noticed I've been increasingly inactive recently. This is a section I've wanted to post in since I started my journey way back in November 2016. Safe to say this journey has been a rollercoaster ride of shedding, recession, sweat and tears.. but finally after more than 2 years of fighting to stop and reverse my hair loss I believe that day has come. One thing I want to make very clear which some don't seem to realise is that just because you're a non responder to finasteride doesn't mean it's game over. I'm one of those who believes finasteride actually hurt my hair rather than preserving it. After trying many different treatment combinations I finally found one that works for me! I'm currently using 12.5mg of Oral Minoxidil once at night, 1mg of Finasteride at night and 25mg of Cyproterone Acetate. Since staying consistent with these treatments after 9 months those tiny vellus hairs have grown an inch into halfway terminal hairs! My hair overall has thickened to the point I no longer need to use a thickening shampoo ( I still do lol )
During my journey I went from NW1.8ish to almost NW2.5 and back down to Norwood 2. If the other small vellus hairs thicken up I believe I will be a Norwood 1 again which I haven't been since I was 13/14!
Thanks to everyone who supported me through this journey and I wish eventual success to everyone else!
Here are current pictures of my hairline and current hairstyle. The thin hair in the pic with the red face block is REGROWTH which was completely bald before :D The pic with blue face block is with dermmatch on and as you can see i easily pass for Norwood 1! I'm too lazy to go look for my befores but they are floating about here somewhere!

EDIT: for those who want to see the earliest baseline I have its the pic with the red circle. That was taken a year into finasteride and 3 months into oral minoxidil. The hairs circled in red is the same hair that's in the picture with the red face block. After the baseline picture all that hair plus more fell out so you can really see how much I've regrown! :)

EDIT2: So I just found another pic of my hairline ( the wow pic ) I'm not sure when it was taken but it was before my absurdly long dread shed hit. I think it was probably about 2 months into oral minoxidil as no regrowth seems to be there yet. What amazes me is how much I've actually regrown.. I wish I had taken pics of my hairline just before my super shed ended because it looked f*****g awful.. Nonetheless I feel this pic really shows the difference :)
One last thing, to anyone who is shedding horribly with treatments.. Don't.Ever.Give.Up. I'm proof that even though the shedding lasted far, far too long that its possible to bounce back and get regrowth. Good luck all!
Hey everyone here hopefully my last update.
Ok so I've been using 1mg finasteride, 12.mg oral minoxidil (from the dropper) once or twice a day and 25mg/50mg cyproterone acetate daily since I began this thread way back then. I can tell you this that regimen works. I've tried many different treatments/combos and none worked. Hell even when I was on only 1mg finateride I'm genuinely convinced it made me go bald faster! But believe what you want. I dont really think about my hair really anymore and the last 8 months caused me slack on treatments and I thinned some at the hairline, I'm probably slightly below baseline right now. The plan is to get back the consistency and im thinking about taking oral minoxidil 2x a day indefinitely, or at least until I see more results. Here is a picture from about 6 -7 months ago when my hair was looking rad! I have a little dermmatch on, I still and always have used it to polish up a little bit of the rough edges. To end off this long overdue update this regimen will get you regrowth (with consistency), general thickening ( still have that ), or at least maintenance. My hair also generally darkened as whole. Thanks for reading guys! My name is Andy, and I'm not anxious anymore :)

Attachments

• ZomboMeme 02122020153100.jpg
    ZomboMeme 02122020153100.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 800

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so I've been using 1mg finasteride, 12.mg oral minoxidil (from the dropper) once or twice a day and 25mg/50mg cyproterone acetate daily since I began this thread way back then. I can tell you this that regimen works. I've tried many different treatments/combos and none worked. Hell even when I was on only 1mg finateride I'm genuinely convinced it made me go bald faster! But believe what you want. I dont really think about my hair really anymore and the last 8 months caused me slack on treatments and I thinned some at the hairline, I'm probably slightly below baseline right now. The plan is to get back the consistency and im thinking about taking oral minoxidil 2x a day indefinitely, or at least until I see more results. Here is a picture from about 6 -7 months ago when my hair was looking rad! I have a little dermmatch on, I still and always have used it to polish up a little bit of the rough edges. To end off this long overdue update this regimen will get you regrowth (with consistency), general thickening ( still have that ), or at least maintenance. My hair also generally darkened as whole. Thanks for reading guys! My name is Andy, and I'm not anxious anymore :)

Doesn’t the CPA nuke your testosterone? How’s that safe for you? Not sure if you just had an excess of testosterone before this regimen

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats brother.....happy for u man

spinmasterspin

Reaction score
not to be a jerk. But i dont think you had any hairloss to begin. or at least nothing major. either that or very terrible pictures. I checked your original thread and skimmed your responses. Self medicating is def a sign of BDD.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you FtM?

But yeah, anxiety kills and baldness is merciless.... Used to have to do the cut off at the top forehead treatment; now, not so much.

Attachments

• cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 354
  • 30somthin.jpeg
    30somthin.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 357

Nghtly

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi dude i taught you had reflex hyper, How did that go away? am scared to jump on finasteride because it whas absolutely killing my hair. Any advice hope your still around here.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
1mg of oral minoxidil is effective, all derms prescribe a very low dose of even less than 1mg or 1mg to 2.5. 5mg is too much. I used 13mg daily and had later severe bloating and wrinkles my skin dried out and got red on my face after just rubbing it abit and skin turned dry as a desert my wrinkles was showing very deep due to dryness. minoxidil had destroyed my skin barrier entirely. Took a few days for the skin to heal it was red sore and irritated. minoxidil at high dose is poison for your skin. Litteraly saw wrinkles that was never there before after my huge bloat.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
What was your dosage?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi dude i taught you had reflex hyper, How did that go away? am scared to jump on finasteride because it whas absolutely killing my hair. Any advice hope your still around here.
Stop being a pussy there're no such thing as finasteride or duta making hair worse. It's a myth. U just need to give it time a year or longer.