Hairless Man Grows Full Head Of Hair In Yale Arthritis Drug Trial

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm expecting these doctors to take 4 years before even STARTING to test the arthritis treatment on androgenic alopecia. Have doctors EVER rushed trials for typical male pattern baldness? You guys should know that nobody has any sympathy for us... except ourselves.

Having said that; what the fvck is holding them back from trying it out RIGHT NOW? Why the fvck do we always have to wait months, years or decades for sh*t to happen?

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
I'm expecting these doctors to take 4 years before even STARTING to test the arthritis treatment on androgenic alopecia.

Hell, if you won't touch finasteride, what do you think the chances are of you touching this drug ?

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm expecting these doctors to take 4 years before even STARTING to test the arthritis treatment on androgenic alopecia. Have doctors EVER rushed trials for typical male pattern baldness? You guys should know that nobody has any sympathy for us... except ourselves.

Having said that; what the fvck is holding them back from trying it out RIGHT NOW? Why the fvck do we always have to wait months, years or decades for sh*t to happen?
You're free to start the trial on your own. You have a good reputation and if you get results, surely others will follow.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think we would be able to get Kane to make this for us at a much cheaper price?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Just like how all obese people eat too many McDonald's, right? Victim blaming doesn't achieve anything.

How are obese people victims of McDonalds? Are they being round up in big busses and shipped to the golden arches to be force fed supersized burgers against their will? Sounds terrible.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How are obese people victims of McDonalds? Are they being round up in big busses and shipped to the golden arches to be force fed supersized burgers against their will? Sounds terrible.
In the early 60s the obesity rate was around %13. now the obesity rate is about %36. that is our parents/grandparent's generation. what? did we suddenly acquire "fat genes"? lol . . . .

here are some studies on the matter.

http://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-releases/2007/wang-adult-obesity.html
http://win.niddk.nih.gov/publications/PDFs/stat904z.pdf

jesus christ. life was better for baldies back then i bet. not only because of increased mate selection (less horrible whales) but also less superficiality . . . . .

Helios

Reaction score

No, but fast food releases endorphin's, so that's probably why some people get addicted.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
END THIS CURSE!!!!

Johnv713

Reaction score
Man i forgot to mention the drug cost about $2,ooo even if it does work( no solid proof on male pattern baldness yet)it's gonna cost you.

Willy31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think that the JAK inhibitors will be effective for the medicinal diffuse alopecia (Prozac/Risperidone/Concerta) ? Prozac and other antidepressants/neuroleptics produce hair faster and shorten the hair life cycles. We all have an average of 25 to 30 cycles of hair (anagen / catagen / telogen ) . Mine are almost exhausted all causes of medication I took . So Prozac and other sh*t indeed a alopecia.

Thank you.

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
one thing i dont understand --
on the rats tests - how did they induced the rats backs to have androgenic alopecia ?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's great that he grew his hair back. But he isn't suffering from androgen alopecia. What he has is
even worse.

I grew up with a friend whose brother had the same thing. Fortunately he grew his hair back and it
was temporary. What's strange is there isn't any baldness in either side of the family. Also my friend
never lost his hair. Only his older brother (a few years difference) lost it as a teenager. But all of
it grew back in. He lost his eye brows, lashes, everywhere.

At least his follicles are still in full size and got ALL of his hair back, him along with many others on JAK inhibitors.

Can't say the same for anyone with Androgenetic Alopecia.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Arent arthritis drugs the ones that stop PGD 2 and raise that PGD2e or something? Maybe im thinking of asthma drugs for Seti. I wonder how someone like this going bald compares to someone with male pattern baldness. Are his androgen levels, PGD 2 levels, androgen receptor layout/density the same as normal balding men or normal non balding men?
We probably wont find out considering the basic male pattern baldness questions we dont even know yet
Its a little hard to believe at times something like this is not at all related to male pattern baldness in any way

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There's no cure (as far as I know)
for Universal Alopecia.

no cure but they are coming close. Xeljanz caused hair growth in 2 of 3 alopecia universalis patients. And Christiano's test results show topical tofacitinib combined with her special delivery formula is quite a bit more effective for growing hair than orally ingested doses.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
no cure but they are coming close. Xeljanz caused hair growth in 2 of 3 alopecia universalis patients. And Christiano's test results show topical tofacitinib combined with her special delivery formula is quite a bit more effective for growing hair than orally ingested doses.

Source?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dec 2015
http://www.healio.com/dermatology/hair-nails/news/online/%7B8d05934d-1301-4ba2-8a5c-ca655d3ef7a5%7D/xeljanz-effectively-treated-nail-dystrophy-in-patients-with-alopecia-universalis

it sounds like alopecia universalis patients were given oral test doses of Xeljanz to treat severe nail dystrophy.

Oct. 2015
The surprise was when we started using the drugs on alopecia areata patients, when we used them topically the hair grew back much faster and more robustly than it did orally," Christiano told NBC News

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cancer-drug-could-be-baldness-remedy-too-n450256

she doesn't mention that included in her research paper published in October is a brief description of the 3d spheroid delivery vehicle she and Colin Jahoda? And her team have been working on. I assume that delivery method was used with the AA test patients.

And from the research paper:
JAK inhibitors stimulate hair follicles out of the resting phase into the growing phase. They also show the ability to elongate the growing phase.

JAK inhibitors activate the Wnt and Shh signaling pathway.

JAK inhibitors cause the activation of hair follicle progentior (stem) cells.

(a JAK inhibitor) promotes inductivity of dermal papillae cells.

Tofacitinib promotes hair growth by positively affecting genes within pathways that are crucial to hair growth.

Tofacitinib treatment promotes growth of human HFs

http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/1/9/e1500973.full

I think She said in October that if a pharma got on this now and funded the clinical trials, we could have a topical treatment in a few years. I imagine that would be for FDA approval.