Hairless Man Grows Full Head Of Hair In Yale Arthritis Drug Trial

jake_b

Established Member
Reaction score
I want this to work out, but I've got concerns about using tofacitinib left and right. It's a serious immune suppressant.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is for alopecia areata not male pattern hair loss.

It's true they don't know if it will work for Androgenetic Alopecia yet, but I will go out on a limb and say that Aclaris will be doing clinical trials for Androgenetic Alopecia as well as AA, AT and AU.

“We are delighted to enter into this agreement with Aclaris for the development of JAK inhibitors for alopecia areata, androgenetic alopecia, and other hair loss disorders,â€￾ said Dr. Christiano.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A cure for male pattern baldness is just 5 years away. They have been saying that for 5000 years.
How original! I hadn't noticed that pattern yet! Good thing we have insightful forum members such as yourself to point these things out.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Ah yes Time.., our proverbial enemy and friend, both one and the same.

two-hope

Reaction score
Have you guys read this? It's about fasting for 3 days, apparently it regenerates the imume system.

http://www.universityherald.com/arti...une-system.htm

Who knows? Maybe we can fast for 3 days and our hair starts to grow again.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you guys read this? It's about fasting for 3 days, apparently it regenerates the imume system. In a nutshell, your body disposes faulty/broken cells and produces new ones.

http://www.universityherald.com/arti...une-system.htm

Who knows? Maybe we can fast for 3 days and our hair starts to grow again.

1 guy from Vlasyproject went for a 7-day "dry fast" (no food and no water, with meditation) - this was spiritually motivated, nothing to do with hairloss) and his hair started to come back.....!! even though he aborted his attempt at day 5 for an excruciating pain and thirst.

He accepted hairloss even though his VP routine was successful, at some point in life we just have to move on, after all, there are more of us with male pattern baldness than those without ?? it is surprising that majority 80% feels inferior to minority...

hairloss should today be "accepted" just like obesity is ....voluptuous women now walk the catwalks.. :)

World's perception of beauty is changing, hopefully bald men will also be seen as beautiful one day... haha
I'm old fashioned and still do prefer to see a full head of hair...

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 guy from Vlasyproject went for a 7-day "dry fast" (no food and no water, with meditation) - this was spiritually motivated, nothing to do with hairloss) and his hair started to come back.....!! even though he aborted his attempt at day 5 for an excruciating pain and thirst.

He accepted hairloss even though his VP routine was successful, at some point in life we just have to move on, after all, there are more of us with male pattern baldness than those without ?? it is surprising that majority 80% feels inferior to minority...

hairloss should today be "accepted" just like obesity is ....voluptuous women now walk the catwalks.. :)

World's perception of beauty is changing, hopefully bald men will also be seen as beautiful one day... haha
I'm old fashioned and still do prefer to see a full head of hair...

Hollywood won't have anyone then to use as bottomfeeding losers of society. Can you imagine them trying to cast a bald guy in the lead role of a romantic chick flick comedy trying to have sex with a Kate Hudson type?

Never going to happen. We're scapegoats. That's what we're meant to be. That's what we're going to remain.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I could learn to accept male pattern baldness if it's sides were not so damn (factually) permanent.
I better bump this to the Impact Section.

BTW

Established Member
Reaction score

this doesn't change at all that they are just ugly, slobs and plain disgusting
there is this trend to accept every mental or physical sickness as something to be proud or normal, and that if you point out the flaws you are heartless and a terrible person

we can yell to ourselves all we want that "baldness is beautiful" like the delusional women that take their extra pounds as a sign of proudness, we are just as delusional and deep down no one believes this

some people actually do look better bald, just as some look better with half a meter long hair. But in the end I want to have the choice to find this for myself. The hippos that walk the catwalk literally have to stop eating like pigs and then it's done. We baldlets don't even have this choice.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, suddenly everything is beautiful. No idea why you even need the word "beautiful" then; if everything is beautiful, then everything simply just is.
You can't have beauty without ugliness.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty sure I've asked this before:

Why did the psoriasis patients get to experiment with Tofacitinib but not men with androgenic alopecia? I'm looking for a VALID reason why male pattern baldness sufferers are not given the chance to try the drug.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I've asked this before:

Why did the psoriasis patients get to experiment with Tofacitinib but not men with androgenic alopecia? I'm looking for a VALID reason why male pattern baldness sufferers are not given the chance to try the drug.

I wont guess why but what about the fact that Christiano's paper wasn't published until October 2015? It wasn;t all that exciting a drug for hair loss until a few months ago?

And it looks like Aclaris already has an oral drug and topical in the pipeline for AA. Read the following quote fro Christiano and tellus what you think, hellouser.

“We are delighted to enter into this agreement with Aclaris for the development of JAK inhibitors for alopecia areata, androgenetic alopecia, and other hair loss disorders,” said Dr. Christiano. “Aclaris has made a strong commitment to research and development for hair disorders, and we look forward to Aclaris bringing JAK inhibitors to the clinic, particularly for alopecia areata.”

In an interview of a few months ago, Christiano said that we will be seeing a few more JAKinibs come on the market for various conditions. JAKinibs already have a safety record and for oral use, but she also said they are going to be a well studied drug and the prices should come down. I see Rigel Pharmaceuticals, another clinical stage pharma, has signed a deal with Aclaris to develop JAKinibs.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wont guess why but what about the fact that Christiano's paper wasn't published until October 2015? It wasn;t all that exciting a drug for hair loss until a few months ago?

And it looks like Aclaris already has an oral drug and topical in the pipeline for AA. Read the following quote fro Christiano and tellus what you think, hellouser.

The fact that Dr. Christiano mentioned Androgenetic Alopecia in that quote doesn't mean much; we still don't know if it works or not for Androgenetic Alopecia. It still doesn't answer why it wasn't used for Androgenetic Alopecia in a single case study. So I ask again;

Why did psoriasis and alopecia areata sufferers get to try tofacitinib but not androgenic alopecia sufferers?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why did psoriasis and alopecia areata sufferers get to try tofacitinib but not androgenic alopecia sufferers?

ok i remember an interview she gave with SK late last year. The reason she gave is that she is not a physician and "cant just whip up a batch of topical" and start doing a clinical trial on people with Androgenetic Alopecia. Any dermatologist or licensed physician can certainly prescribe it off label she says. I think from a scientific pov, they didnt think to try tofacitinib for Androgenetic Alopecia for the same reason they probably would not test a DHT-inhibitor on people with alopecia areata.

We dont care about oral tofacitinib for Androgenetic Alopecia - what we want is topical tof with Christiano-jahoda's special delivery formula using 3d spheroids. That is what we want to see tested on Androgenetic Alopecia patients but not oral Xeljanz. We already know the results for oral Tof are less than stellar for AA which was what sparked their scientific curiosity in the first place.

The RA drug, tofacitinib, is an immuno-suppressant as well as JAkinib, which is how they got clearance to try it for AA patients. The results for the topical application were a complete surprise and "counter-intuitive" because they believed oral/systemic ingestion to be superior. Not anymore, and it raised the question, Will a specially formulated topical work for Androgenetic Alopecia? The study revealed a number of hair growth proprties of the drug previously unknown. This is where they are at now. Christiano is a true scientist doing things in unpredictable ways and making discoveries - that is how new technologies are born from doing science.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok i remember an interview she gave with SK late last year. The reason she gave is that she is not a physician and "cant just whip up a batch of topical" and start doing a clinical trial on people with Androgenetic Alopecia. Any dermatologist or licensed physician can certainly prescribe it off label she says. But I, for one, really dont want to be among those trying oral Xeljanz for Androgenetic Alopecia. Like donning dark sunglassses and then using a sledhehammer to drive a finishing nail. Who cares not me.

I would be willing, however, to try a topical solution of tofacitinib or whichever JAKinib is selected for a future clinical trial and more specifically a formula concocted by Christiano & Jahoda. Now that will be the clinical trial(with fiancial support & expertise from Aclaris) to watch for.

You don't need too because many already have taken the oral version that have Androgenetic Alopecia ;).

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You don't need too because many already have taken the oral version that have Androgenetic Alopecia ;).

None of the clinical trials you pointed out used Christiano's topical version of tofacitinib, nor were any of them clinical trials for Androgenetic Alopecia. And, guessing is not very scientific.

After Christiano's tests with both oral and topical tofacitinib, nobody needs to wonder which of the two they should be working on for AA, AU, AT & Androgenetic Alopecia.

Half the world wants to know if Vixen's topical delivery for Tofacitinib will produce the same results for Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers as it did for her AA test patients. In her latest research paper of October 2015, it is apparent that the drug does quite a bit more for inducing hair growth than just inhibiting Janus Kinase. The drug has a relatively short half-life, and Christiano seems to think the more of the drug that can be delivered to the follicles the better. That wasn't happening with optimal effect using the oral form of the drug.

I would like to see a double-blind clinical trial with 100 per cent of test patients having Androgenetic Alopecia not X or some nul hypothesis data thrown in for good measure? And I want to see a sub-set of them using Christiano's special topical version of the drug yet to be formulated. And I wanna see those results compared to a baseline control group receiving the placebo or carrier alone. Then and only then should we be satisfied that there has been a concerted effort to cure Androgenetic Alopecia with this drug.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
If I may add another suggestion: Let's include another study with test patients who have seb. derm.+ Androgenetic Alopecia, and we'll have a deal.
Seriously as someone who has both and does not discernibly respond to the "Holy Trio," I would welcome
more research interest here.