Hairless Man Grows Full Head Of Hair In Yale Arthritis Drug Trial

Helios

Reaction score
It is not new to me that fasting activates certain dormain genes that are really good for you. This is why people suggest we take pills during fasting. But this is the first time I have seen a reset with fasting an in that little time. This is great news :D, I am going to try it for 5-7 painful days, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know if it is a rigorous fasting as is no good or water? Or just some water with veggie juice?

No idea, but i guess it's without food for the whole 3 days and not like muslims do. Don't think it's without water, cause we die if we don't drink water for 3 days.
So I wouldn't recommend the 5-7 days without food you are planning to do, 3 days will be just fine. :) Would do it myself, but than all that training I did is for nothing.

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
This article was fake. Why would they take a picture of the guy's bald head for an arthritis drug trial? Plus I am sure there would have been other people with hair loss in the trial. If it works for alopecia, it should work better for male pattern baldness.

I agree that this is a little fishy unless they had someone else with similar results and wanted documented proof.

- - - Updated - - -

So the argument is that both Androgenetic Alopecia and alopecia totalis are caused by an immune response at the most basic level, therefore the medication would work for both?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
This article was fake. Why would they take a picture of the guy's bald head for an arthritis drug trial? Plus I am sure there would have been other people with hair loss in the trial. If it works for alopecia, it should work better for male pattern baldness.

I stopped reading at fake.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't been wrong yet. :)

I even predicted there would be nothing new coming out of the Hair Loss Conference in Korea. I was right about that too.

Lol you predicted that, Rolf. We had known ahead of time nothing new was coming from the conference Sherlock. As we have told you a million times but your brain cells refuse to register that information for some reason lol.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
What's this mean for guys with male pattern baldness?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's this mean for guys with male pattern baldness?

It means nothing until someone actually tries it for Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness. Everything until then is speculation.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
It means nothing until someone actually tries it for Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness. Everything until then is speculation.

Cotsarelis should give it a go on our good mouse friends and see what happens. This drug makes dutasteride look like candy.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
This story sticks out to me amongst the rest of the dead endish threads in this section. Alot of ignorant people don't even know this condition exists.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Alot of ignorant people don't even know this condition exists.

Much like any other condition, if we're not personally affected by it then we generally don't give a sh1t. That is the sad truth.

When was the last time any of you donated to help find a cure for a disease or condition that had nothing to do with you ?

I'm not saying I'm any better or different, I think hair loss should be a top priority but others think a cure for diabetes should be a top priority.

That's just the way it works.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Much like any other condition, if we're not personally affected by it then we generally don't give a sh1t. That is the sad truth.

When was the last time any of you donated to help find a cure for a disease or condition that had nothing to do with you ?

I'm not saying I'm any better or different, I think hair loss should be a top priority but others think a cure for diabetes should be a top priority.

That's just the way it works.
Most diabetics have that disease because it's their fault for eating too much sweets. Some are born like that but for the most part, they had a say in it. Hairloss is something we have no choice and it is incredibly annoying, that's why it deserves to be a higher priority than diabetis.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Most diabetics have that disease because it's their fault for eating too much sweets. Some are born like that but for the most part, they had a say in it. Hairloss is something we have no choice and it is incredibly annoying, that's why it deserves to be a higher priority than diabetis.

What about a disease like multiple sclerosis ? What did they do to deserve it ?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about a disease like multiple sclerosis ? What did they do to deserve it ?

Diabetes and MS are both lethal. Both should be on a higher priority list than hair loss. However, there are 7 billion people on this planet. To think that just because theres people working on a hair loss cure is taking away from an MS cure is fvcking stupid.

It reminds me of when Steve Jobs came back to Apple and sold 150 million dollars of non-voting shares to Microsoft to save Apple from going bankrupt, essentially a deal with the devil. The crowd booed incredibly at the presentation, but Jobs was right on the money when he said this:

"We have to let go of this notion that for Apple to win, Microsoft has to lose."

The same goes for hair loss 'versus' other conditions/diseases. This isn't a competition.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
Most diabetics have that disease because it's their fault for eating too much sweets. Some are born like that but for the most part, they had a say in it.

Just like how all obese people eat too many McDonald's, right? Victim blaming doesn't achieve anything.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
This isn't a competition.

Lol yeah that's what I always thought too but how many times have you come across article comments where people say they should stop worrying about curing something as stupid as hair loss and work on something useful like cancer ?

We're all selfish f*cks, that's the cold hard truth. If I was to create an anonymous poll that asked everyone on this forum what they would rather have cured, hair loss or a debilitating disease like MS, I'm sure the odds would be in our favor. For some reason, it seems to be a competition. I'm sure the people on MS forums rage when they see researchers making progress on a hair loss cure and yet still nothing in the news for them. How many times have people on here posted things like lab grown ears or female parts and we b**ch and complain how they STILL haven't managed to do anything for us.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Diabetes and MS are both lethal. Both should be on a higher priority list than hair loss. However, there are 7 billion people on this planet. To think that just because theres people working on a hair loss cure is taking away from an MS cure is fvcking stupid.

It reminds me of when Steve Jobs came back to Apple and sold 150 million dollars of non-voting shares to Microsoft to save Apple from going bankrupt, essentially a deal with the devil. The crowd booed incredibly at the presentation, but Jobs was right on the money when he said this:

"We have to let go of this notion that for Apple to win, Microsoft has to lose."

The same goes for hair loss 'versus' other conditions/diseases. This isn't a competition.

You can live in a fairly world all you want, but the reality is that it does take away. It's just common sense, Steve jobs just had to say something like that, he was obviously not going to say something different. Microsoft lost and apple went up, so the quote is completely contradicting itself. If there is a market of $8 billion for instance, it's just common sense that competitors have lose for others to get bigger, lose some market share.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like how all obese people eat too many McDonald's, right? Victim blaming doesn't achieve anything.

It doesn't achieve anything, but it sure is the damn truth. Even if it hurts to hear.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
It doesn't achieve anything, but it sure is the damn truth. Even if it hurts to hear.

Your uninformed opinion does not qualify as "truth". This attitude is no better than those who claim male pattern baldness is caused by excessive use of male hair products.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Your uninformed opinion does not qualify as "truth". This attitude is no better than those who claim male pattern baldness is caused by excessive use of male hair products.

So according to you, people who eat lots of McDonald are not gaining weight. That us just stupid to say, and has no bearing on the hairloss comment you made about hair products.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
Some hair products can be damaging to your hair, and eating fast food can contribute to weight gain (and subsequent risk of developing diabetes). To the layman, they are both attractive and simplistic explanations for both conditions, but neither are the root cause of male pattern baldness nor obesity, which are, in the case of male pattern baldness - genetics, and with obesity - a mismatch between energy intake and expenditure for both behavioural and physiological reasons. Given BMI is a highly heritable trait, obesity is under the influence of both environmental and genetic factors.

If you still think this 'us just stupid to say' I can provide you with links to peer reviewed journal material for your reading pleasure.