Hairless Man Grows Full Head Of Hair In Yale Arthritis Drug Trial

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
Im not pinning my hopes on this. When i see Dr Brett King sporting a afro then i will be a believer. He is the dermatologist who tested the cream on a girl with AA. Why wouldny he try it on himself? Im sure in his position he could quite easily write out some fake prescriptions to a John Doe..

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im not pinning my hopes on this. When i see Dr Brett King sporting a afro then i will be a believer. He is the dermatologist who tested the cream on a girl with AA. Why wouldny he try it on himself? Im sure in his position he could quite easily write out some fake prescriptions to a John Doe..

Ok so when either Brett King cures himself or Christiano/Aclaris cures a significant number of Androgenetic Alopecia test patients in FDA-regulated clinical trials, then we will believe.

sachalamp

Established Member
Reaction score
1 guy from Vlasyproject went for a 7-day "dry fast" (no food and no water, with meditation) - this was spiritually motivated, nothing to do with hairloss) and his hair started to come back.....!! even though he aborted his attempt at day 5 for an excruciating pain and thirst.

He accepted hairloss even though his VP routine was successful, at some point in life we just have to move on, after all, there are more of us with male pattern baldness than those without ?? it is surprising that majority 80% feels inferior to minority...

hairloss should today be "accepted" just like obesity is ....voluptuous women now walk the catwalks.. :)

World's perception of beauty is changing, hopefully bald men will also be seen as beautiful one day... haha
I'm old fashioned and still do prefer to see a full head of hair...

source please?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
this doesn't change at all that they are just ugly, slobs and plain disgusting
there is this trend to accept every mental or physical sickness as something to be proud or normal, and that if you point out the flaws you are heartless and a terrible person

we can yell to ourselves all we want that "baldness is beautiful" like the delusional women that take their extra pounds as a sign of proudness, we are just as delusional and deep down no one believes this

some people actually do look better bald, just as some look better with half a meter long hair. But in the end I want to have the choice to find this for myself. The hippos that walk the catwalk literally have to stop eating like pigs and then it's done. We baldlets don't even have this choice.

I've thought about that, too, that we don't have even have the choice to stop some incessant behavior and return to normalcy with respect to hair growth. But I do know that some people resort to pigging out and not always for "recreational eating" purposes? Some women and some men, I've read, tend to over-eat in order to forget some painful moment in their lives, like sexual abuse or the death of someone close to them. Mental scars, i believe, can run as deep or deeper in peoples' psyches as any physical defect. Imagine having a luxurious head of hair, but you're unable to enjoy intimacy and sex, a mind-altering past event etched in your brain for the rest of your life is that traumatizing for you. What a hellish situation for too many human beings.

As far as science goes, there are no cures for addiction or mental traumas. The brain is a very, very complex thing, indeed, and right now the industry with the most resources for tackling the problem is largely uninterested in finding real cures or sinking much of their multi-billion dollar a year profits into real basic research of the human body.

Along with lacking blockbuster cures for baldness, big pharma research is lacking in the area of mental disorders and the human brain in general. The human brain is still a mystery for science in many ways. I think even more lamentable than placing blame on the shoulders of people for their own mental disorders is the fact that humanity is much more knowledgeable about how to commit mass murder most efficiently through the use of modern weaponry than we are of how to heal the human body. And today, as we speak, there are many billions of tax dollars allocated to researching what will ultimately become the deadliest chemical and biological weapons of mass desruction ever conceived . I dislike that fact much more than knowing that people sometimes over-eat or obssess about our physical appearances. We are imperfect beings in many ways, it's true, but I would like to think we will survive long enough as a species to one day be able to not just cure baldness but to solve the most vexing problem for medical science and namely human mortality.

I wish that all the negative forces weighing people down everywhere to be lifted from all our shoulders. Freedom, in the future, hopefully, will mean much more for humanity than it does today. Freedom from illness - freedom from material poverty - freedom from the sharp thorn of hunger and malnutrition, and even freedom from death should be possible in the future according to some of our best minds. Let's hope we get there.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wish that all the negative forces weighing people down everywhere to be lifted from all our shoulders. Freedom, in the future, hopefully, will mean much more for humanity than it does today. Freedom from illness - freedom from material poverty - freedom from the sharp thorn of hunger and malnutrition, and even freedom from death should be possible in the future according to some of our best minds. Let's hope we get there.
We wont.
I just want more hair. Now

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so when either Brett King cures himself or Christiano/Aclaris cures a significant number of Androgenetic Alopecia test patients in FDA-regulated clinical trials, then we will believe.

Except that neither of them have even done a single case study with JAK inhibitors for male pattern baldness nor can anyone explain why they haven't.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
She can't write prescriptions or just whip up a batch of Tof and start experimenting on people. Needed FDA approval to use Tof on patients with alopecia areata and plaque psoriasis. Asking for approval for Tof to treat androgentic alopecia would be like asking for approval to treat alopecia areata with finasteride?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
She can't write prescriptions or just whip up a batch of Tof and start experimenting on people. Needed FDA approval to use Tof on patients with alopecia areata and plaque psoriasis. Asking for approval for Tof to treat androgentic alopecia would be like asking for approval to treat alopecia areata with finasteride?

Dr. Brett King was able to prescribe it for Alopecia areata patients. Why not androgenic alopecia? What is the reason that male pattern baldness sufferers can't even be part of a single case study?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr. Brett King was able to prescribe it for Alopecia areata patients. Why not androgenic alopecia? What is the reason that male pattern baldness sufferers can't even be part of a single case study?

Because it could be THE cure. Therefore a cursefor some big groups on the horizon.
How is the "Fear the impossible to become possible" called?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dr. Brett King was able to prescribe it for Alopecia areata patients. Why not androgenic alopecia? [/URL]

It would be an off-label prescription for androgenetic alopecia. Docs in the states not covered by malpractice insurance like they are in Canada. Nobody wants to lose their bread and butter. Ad hen there is FDA oversight for clinical trials. Long list of legit reasons in addition to the fact that as a cash-starved researcher, Christiano can not write prescriptions off-label or otherwise.

What is the reason that male pattern baldness sufferers can't even be part of a single case study?

No reason now. Not since Christiano's paper published last October proves that JAK-inibs work to effect hair growth in mice and in people and in numerous ways.

“We are delighted to enter into this agreement with Aclaris for the development of JAK inhibitors for alopecia areata, ANDROGENETIC alopecia, and other hair loss disorders,â€￾ said Dr. Christiano

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hellouser, thats my point exactly. We just want a test case to see if it works. Just as they did for about 4 other conditions, without fda approval.Newuser, your wrong man. I got avodart off lable from a dr. I also got finasteride the same way. Its possible,but the docs want proof it will work before prescribing it, which is what we could get if they would do one case study.Two theories why they wont do a case study. 1. Cause they KNOW it works and were trying to sell their intellectual Propecia to a big pharma for big money2. They know it wont work, but are still leading the public to believe its possibe so that they can cash in that way too

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Because giving Xeljanz to a man with male pattern baldness is TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR.

I think that as a scientist Chrstiano at least had some reason to believe that an immune-suppressing drug might have some probability of working as a treatment for hair loss caused by auto-immune attack of hair follicles. No justification nor expectation it might work for anything but hair and skin disorders caused by auto-immune dysfunction. Even more surprising was the discovery that topical Tof works much better for affecting hair growth than orally ingested. This last discovery was entirely serendipitous and "counter-intuitive" as she said, and as a result now has a reasonable and logical expectation, an a priori truth for proposing the study of topical JAK-inibs as a treatment for pattern hair loss.

So what she didn't do was risk her professional cred by saying, Hey! Who wants to give me FDA approval for and fund a clinical trial to see if an immune-suppressing drug for arthritis and blood cancer will grow hair on DHT-sensitive scalps? That's right, she didn't do that because the FDA and pharmaceuticals would have thought she'd lost her credibility. Science is about discovering truth using logic and the scientific method. First things first, there are no short-cuts except when curious scientists like Christiano do things in unpredictable ways and making the serendipitous discoveries that she has.

Similarly, can anyone point us to clinical trial results for testing oral or even topical finasteride as a treatment for alopecia areata? I don't think so. Why is no one curious about finasteride as a possible cure for all the other alopecias? For one thing, finasteride isn't even a cure for androgenic alopecia let alone aggressive forms of hair loss like alopecial areata and universalis.

Tof for male pattern baldness will have a short time to failure as Christiano has said. We will know soon enough. I don't care about testing oral Xeljanz for male pattern baldness nor does Angela Christiano. Topical is what we want, and they are working on it. There should be a topical JAK-inib for alopecia areata because they already know it worked for a small test group. And they will surely be testing it for pattern hair loss according to Christiano in her statement to the press with respect to Aclaris' purchase of Vixen. I believe what she said about a topical is that althought the molecule for the JAK-inib they were using is relatively small, it has a short half-life. They will need to concoct a special formula to carry it deep enough into the skin and keep it there long enough to be effective. They will want this to work in the highest percentage of cases not just some or most. And according the study she published last October, Christiano, Jahoda et al have done some work in this area already.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that as a scientist Chrstiano at least had some reason to believe that an immune-suppressing drug might have some probability of working as a treatment for hair loss caused by auto-immune attack of hair follicles. No justification nor expectation it might work for anything but hair and skin disorders caused by auto-immune dysfunction. Even more surprising was the discovery that topical Tof works much better for affecting hair growth than orally ingested.

So what she didn't do was risk her professional cred by saying, Hey! Who wants to give me FDA approval for and fund a clinical trial to see if an immune-suppressing drug for arthritis and blood cancer will grow hair on DHT-sensitive scalps? That's right, she didn't do that because the FDA and pharmaceuticals would have thought she'd lost her credibility.

Tof for male pattern baldness will have a short time to failure as Christiano has said. We will know soon enough. I don't care about testing oral Xeljanz for male pattern baldness nor does Angela Christiano. Topical is what we want, and they are working on it. There should be a topical JAK-inib for alopecia areata because they already know it worked for a small test group. And they will surely be testing it for pattern hair loss according to Christiano in her statement to the press with respect to Aclaris' purchase of Vixen.

But none of that matters. Dr. Brett King has been prescribing Xeljanz for alopecia areata sufferers... why hasn't he bothered prescribing it to anyone with androgenic alopecia? Not ONE single case study.... yet he can do it.

Why? Why is male pattern baldness constantly ignored like this? Somebody explain it!

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hellouser, thats my point exactly. We just want a test case to see if it works. Just as they did for about 4 other conditions, without fda approval.Newuser, your wrong man. I got avodart off lable from a dr. I also got finasteride the same way. Its possible,but the docs want proof it will work before prescribing it, which is what we could get if they would do one case study.

What they've proven with oral Tof is that it may or may not work to grow hair for Alopecia Areata test patients. Topical is "much more effective" for kick-starting hair growth according to Christiano. I for one would not be willing to risk my health taking an immuno-suppressant drug ingested orally for 8 months as was necessary for some of those patients to re-grow their hair. We should at least wait until there is a topical cream for alopecia areata. I would be excited about getting my hands of some of that whenever it becomes available, off-label or "otherwise."And, wouldn't it be nice for Aclaris and stockholders if they could add androgenetic alopecia to prescription labelling? That would be a blockbuster new treatment worth many billions of dollars, for sure.

Two theories why they wont do a case study. 1. Cause they KNOW it works and were trying to sell their intellectual Propecia to a big pharma for big money2. They know it wont work, but are still leading the public to believe its possibe so that they can cash in that way too

I think they'd taken the research as far as they could with the funding they had. Research costs money. And clinical trials are not cheap, either. Aclaris has much deeper pockets than a handful of starving researchers like Christiano, Jahoda and Higgins?

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
But none of that matters. Dr. Brett King has been prescribing Xeljanz for alopecia areata sufferers... why hasn't he bothered prescribing it to anyone with androgenic alopecia? Not ONE single case study.... yet he can do it.

Why? Why is male pattern baldness constantly ignored like this? Somebody explain it!

Thank you again hellouser. Brett King didnt have to have FDA approval to use it on AA. They just had a theory and gave it a shot on a willing patient.
Now christano has a theory it could work for Androgenetic Alopecia. There are plenty willing Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers who would try this for a month or two, but they wont so. Why? See my two conspiracy theories above.
If they (king and christano )were worried about people getting hurt using this drug for Androgenetic Alopecia, then she wouldnt have said theres a chance it could help. Why lead us on if you know its going to fail and risk peoples health? Just say flat out NO and it will fade away from our thoughts.
But not only have they not said no, they sold their intellectual Propecia to a company thats hoping it will work for Androgenetic Alopecia. Something real fishy is going on here

- - - Updated - - -

What they've proven with oral Tof is that it may or may not work to grow hair for Alopecia Areata test patients. Topical is "much more effective" for kick-starting hair growth according to Christiano. I for one would not be willing to risk my health taking an immuno-suppressant drug ingested orally for 8 months as was necessary for some of those patients to re-grow their hair. We should at least wait until there is a topical cream for alopecia areata. I would be excited about getting my hands of some of that whenever it becomes available, off-label or "otherwise."And, wouldn't it be nice for Aclaris and stockholders if they could add androgenetic alopecia to prescription labelling? That would be a blockbuster new treatment worth many billions of dollars, for sure.

I think they'd taken the research as far as they could with the funding they had. Research costs money. And clinical trials are not cheap, either. Aclaris has much deeper pockets than a handful of starving researchers like Christiano, Jahoda and Higgins?

I agree that if the immunosuppressant drug was causing harm to those undergoing the test, i wouldnt want to be a part. But i believe they said there were no adverse effects documented during use. That sounds good to me. Im sure they keep things monitered very well and would pull the drug once they got any notice it was causing harm to the patients. But if it hasnt caused harm yet then im led to believe the dosage and frequency they are using is mostly tolerable to the testing patient. So use the same protocal for Androgenetic Alopecia testing and they should be good to go