Hairless Man Grows Full Head Of Hair In Yale Arthritis Drug Trial

moskva

Reaction score
very good for alopecia universal suffers.

Not advisable to Androgenetic Alopecia,
Probably ciclosporin can make the same effect
True. Actually ciclosporin is prescribed as a drug for general alopecia areata in some countries. Concerning its immune suppress effect, it might work for male pattern baldness to some extent as well I guess. But shut down your entire immune system with oral drug is a bit risky.

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
I can see Follica adding this to their recipe of chemicals applied after wounding to aid hair growth. Funny how the mainstream media is already touting it as a "cure" for baldness lol

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can see Follica adding this to their recipe of chemicals applied after wounding to aid hair growth. Funny how the mainstream media is already touting it as a "cure" for baldness lol

Well that is a FULL head of hair, lol. That's definitely 'cure' quality. Side effects though.... eeeeehhh....

resu

Reaction score
I was right it is also useful for AA patients, now for us with male pattern baldness I don't know but I fear that someone will try it and get messed up sides.

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Dr. Cots has already said in an interview that the drug is very dangerous and people have died due to infection. He was also adamant that the drug would not work for AA because AA has nothing to do with the immune system. His words.

Dr. King is going to mix up a topical to reduce systematic effects.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a comment I saw on CNN's article about the news:

b4iyo9.jpg

Reaction score
thanks for sharing this ,

very astonishing outcomes , the > $2000 price a month is quite too much however , let's say that is a rich-guy treatment.

I hope that they'll find something as efficient as this for male pattern baldness , no need to mention that it would take time to have affordable prices / fair side-effects.

when it's still in the early stages you can't be too careful about your health

but don't worry guys , when something safe and as efficient as this would come out , I'm sure it would be all over the news channels , because baldness is worldwide.

resu

Reaction score
I don't blame the guy, having a full head of hair is a great feeling.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't blame the guy, having a full head of hair is a great feeling.

It is. But you wouldn't say something like that towards someone with cancer.... or god forbid, a woman.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
It is. But you wouldn't say something like that towards someone with cancer.... or god forbid, a woman.
That's true, and their only argument is that baldness is only a cosmetic change and that's why is okay to make fun of. With that then let's all make fun of all skin diseases and children born without body parts. Let's all say how proud we are of having two hands and legs and feel superior of the disabled. They make me sick!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
SO is it a good thing or bad? so confused after reading all the comments

It's good news no matter how you look at it. Just another way of figuring out what's really going on with male pattern baldness. Because lets face it, doctors still haven't got a fvcking clue of what really causes it. Some people say inflammation, some say DHT......... the real root of the problem isn't known.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SO is it a good thing or bad? so confused after reading all the comments
Well, I would say maybe. Both Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness and AA/AT/AU have processes in their chain of events which are usually part of immune responses. In the case of Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness, it is PGD2 expression which in Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness turns into massive overexpression. In the case of AA/AT/AU, it seems to be lymphocites going wild.

The question is if they are so closely linked that this drug targeting lymphocites would also have effect in the case of Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness. Googling for "lymphocites prostaglandine" shows that there is a link, but the question to me as a non-biologist is whether lymphocite activity is upstream or downstream of PGD2 activity. If so, then this drug will likely be an effective treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness too. If not, then it won't do anything for us.

Either way, even if this drug was effective at treating Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness, its side effect is inducing a temporary state of AIDS which lasts as long as you take the drug. If you can afford to live off the grid in an environment where you can be sure to catch no infections, great, go for it. But if you have to live a regular life meanwhile, I wouldnt even remotely risk it. The consequence could very well be losing your life.

And regarding:
hellouser said:
Some people say inflammation, some say DHT.........
These are two steps of the same process. It is not inflammation or DHT, but it is both in one chain of events. High DHT levels are upstream of inflammation in Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
What if the compound doesn't go systemic if made in a topical form?

Then what? Suppose it doesn't need to be used every day like Minoxidil, but rather once a week or something. This finding definitely needs to be ironed out before people throw it under the bus.

RK85

My Regimen
Reaction score
The drug, called tofacitinib citrate has also been used successfully for treating psoriasis.

It is interesting that also Doxycycline can be used to help patients suffering from arthritis.

Doxycycline helps block metalloproteinases, which are enzymes that destroy cartilage found in your joints.

http://arthritis.answers.com/tradit...is-doxycycline-for-the-treatment-of-arthritis

Tofacitinib Reduces Interleukin-6 and Matrix Metalloproteinase-3 Production and Inhibits Cartilage Destruction in Rheumatoid Arthritis.

http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/acrmeeting/abstract.asp?MeetingID=781&id=95201

So is it possible that Doxycycline can work in similar way like Tofacitinib citrate?