Hair Tape/glue Health Problems And Risks?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Again you're struggling with the English language. I haven't said anything that was a thought or an opinion of mine I have stated facts and backed it up with documentation. If something's wrong ...then the documentation is wrong...yet again you're trying to make it personal ....it's not a personal thing. But it shows what a little person you are and you have to take someone trying to help you with facts and trying to give you advice to make yourself more knowledgeable. You want to call me names and be a baby
Now you're psychic? That I think I'm never wrong? What opinion did I give you? I gave no opinions I gave none of my material facts... I gave you facts from the companies that make the product you're asking about.

If I think I'm not wrong what is it I'm saying you're wrong about and I'm right about? Exactly, nothing...

I beg you, please tell me what I said that is incorrect inaccurate or wrong..... and that I'm obviously narcissistically insisting I'm correct about.????

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am with Firewatch and Fanjeera on the maths.

0.1 is 10%, but the Ghostbond document is talking about 0.1%.

0.1% is a tenth of one percent.

Thanks for your input. I would suggest speaking to Ryan Margolin who is part owner( son of founder) of Pro Hair Labs located about 30 minutes from my residence. I'm going off my notes from speaking with him at Great length about a year ago, he's a very helpful guy.

I'll be happy to debate the information he gave me regarding his product..... But I don't want to get off the topic that this whole post is about ....health risks and safety of adhesives. The point is that the most risky are acrylic and as I mentioned prior the most safe is a white Bond like ghost Bond. However the point of this mathematical argument is that even the lower risk is not zero risk. That's a fact no matter where you put the decimal. Statistics don't matter when you're the one that has to face it.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's take a sanity break folks.

There are toxic elements in the air we breathe, the water we drink and the food we eat. You can try and minimize, you will never eliminate them completely.

You eat canned tuna, sushi, then you have mercury. They are finding microplastics in babies now.

And, this morning, as I was waiting for a bus to go to the office, the air raid sirens went off, shelling from Gaza. As I was rushing for the nearest bomb shelter, I realized that all of the bullshit that I worry about on a daily basis is pretty trivial since my life could end in a flash because of an extremist with weapons.

If you are really worried that every single chemical that you will put on your head will potentially kill you, shave your head, and go on with your life.

Pseudonymforforum

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, without wanting to incite further argument, with all this in mind, what’s the best glue to use - in terms of least toxicity + best hold?

Noah

Reaction score
Personally I am comfortable using any of the white glues - Davlyn, Ghostbond, Ultrahold, ORWG etc. - and I feel their hold time - around 7 - 14 days - fits in with a hygienic maintenance timetable. I am not comfortable with the cyanacrylic superglue-type adhesives, both for chemical absorption reasons and because I feel the hold time - about a month - is too long to be hygienic. I experienced that adhesive type and timetable when I first started wearing, and it felt bad to me. I associate it with the Hair Club methodology, where you pass 100% control to a salon.

I dare say even the white glues have potential issues associated, but weighing up the (admittedly limited) information I have to judge, I take the view that the benefit is worth the risk, along with red meat, alcohol, sugar, butter, air travel, etc etc. etc.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I am comfortable using any of the white glues - Davlyn, Ghostbond, Ultrahold, ORWG etc. - and I feel their hold time - around 7 - 14 days - fits in with a hygienic maintenance timetable. I am not comfortable with the cyanacrylic superglue-type adhesives, both for chemical absorption reasons and because I feel the hold time - about a month - is too long to be hygienic. I experienced that adhesive type and timetable when I first started wearing, and it felt bad to me. I associate it with the Hair Club methodology, where you pass 100% control to a salon.

I dare say even the white glues have potential issues associated, but weighing up the (admittedly limited) information I have to judge, I take the view that the benefit is worth the risk, along with red meat, alcohol, sugar, butter, air travel, etc etc. etc.

No arguments, no loss of Sanity haha. I would agree with Noah that Krazy Glue is the worst, then acrylic followed by white. I never said to lose sleep and worry about it like crazy that you're going to die. I just responded to people that posted it has to be safe otherwise their would be lawsuits and complaints. I'm just saying I understand that there are real ridks associated with many things. Chemicals on the skin are way up on the list. I've also said many many times.... I am using acrylic on my skin everyday. It sucks but I know that it's a risk and I make the decision to use it. The whole point of me jumping in was just to say... don't be foolish and assume that because there's no lawsuit that its safe :)

Pseudonymforforum

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was talking overall. I don’t want to take medication because of the side effects, whilst FUT/FUE don’t get good results for the money (imo). Thought this was a god send but I don’t really want to knowingly subject myself to cancer, as determined as I am to fight hair loss...

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues at all with ghost bond? I am switching to it I think

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues at all with ghost bond? I am switching to it I think
I never had an issue other than it turning white When you sweat. I've been solely using a clear bond for about a year. With all this talk, I might give it another try on the hairline.....

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was talking overall. I don’t want to take medication because of the side effects, whilst FUT/FUE don’t get good results for the money (imo). Thought this was a god send but I don’t really want to knowingly subject myself to cancer, as determined as I am to fight hair loss...
It's a hard spot to be in. Using this does not guarantee you're going to get cancer directly caused by it. It does increase the odds though. But like bald beard said and I completely agree....there lots of things in the environment we use from laundry detergents to air fresheners and so forth that absolutely increase the risk of cancer. Again, with all my opinions and facts regarding danger and I still use it. Vanity is mother effer.

People use talcum powder for well over 50 years thinking it was the safest thing in the world and being told so. Now it's been proven that it is a known carcinogen.

Enjoy your life... limit your exposures where you can... But don't cease to live for fear that you may die....

There is one thing that has proven true through all of eternity. Living leads to death no question about it...

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess again I'm wondering why we never hear anything on a link to the hair replacement industry on illness caused by this? How many clients does hair clib have alone? 20 people in the country died from vaping out of black market cartridges and vit e. Was the found cause, but people have been wearing toupee and wigs since the dawn of time and nothing from anyone, not a single blogger, not a activist site, nothing

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess again I'm wondering why we never hear anything on a link to the hair replacement industry on illness caused by this? How many clients does hair clib have alone? 20 people in the country died from vaping out of black market cartridges and vit e. Was the found cause, but people have been wearing toupee and wigs since the dawn of time and nothing from anyone, not a single blogger, not a activist site, nothing
I had addressed this in my prior post. But to reiterate...... who's really going to make a an assumption that you wear a wig? I almost guarantee nine out of ten people that wear don't tell her doctor that they do, what relevance would it have to your concern or treatment?.

With the tens of thousands of cases of ovarian cancer that are linked to talcum powder. Do you really think the oncologist asked have you always put powder on your vag when they found a tumor after many years of use?

Just like if you have a lump and go to the doctor and are confirmed through biopsy to have lymphoma. Do you really think he's going to ask if you wear a wig?

Cancers caused by chemicals are systemic meaning through the blood and lymphatic system. That could be caused by any issue. Vaping is a specific a lung condition because it is introduced at the lungs. The side effects and damage are pronounced and noticed fairly quickly. An example I would give you is food poisoning.

Illness from exposure to chemicals is cumulative as in the more often you use it for a longer period, The higher your risk is. Just like Roundup and talcum powder.

Nobody spilled Roundup on their hand a couple times and came down with lymphoma. People that used it consistently over. Of time unfortunately did.

Vaping caused an acute illness. Much like getting the flu.... that is completely different from a cumulative exposure transdermally with chemicals.

When I say this clear-headed and respectfully. Stop assuming something is safe because there's not a bunch of people talking about it.

Like Zantac a simple heartburn over-the-counter medication. It took nearly 40 years to find out that it is causing cancer in people.

We have the ability to look up what chemicals are in the adhesives and the ability to look up those chemicals and see their carcinogenic risks and toxicities.

Just because there hasn't been a long-term study on the extremely small amount of people that wear systems to prove a definitive cause and effect does not mean it's safe.

Asbestos was used in the United States for over a hundred ten years before was banned as a carcinogen.

They did not have the research and information that we do today. We know that the ingredients in yetis is are toxic at times to some degree and that they are likely to cause cancer.

I'm just not understanding why we argue that it must be safe even though the factual scientific evidence says the complete opposite.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No one said it was safe o authority on all this is and ever was...I said millions wear these and nothing has been brought up. And yes, my dr. Knows about the piece. Its common sense to tell you doctor. My dermatologist also knows, you being so wise should know to get you scalp looked at yeatly

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one said it was safe o authority on all this is and ever was...I said millions wear these and nothing has been brought up. And yes, my dr. Knows about the piece. Its common sense to tell you doctor. My dermatologist also knows, you being so wise should know to get you scalp looked at yeatly
That's great you to have your scalp checked. But again they are not checking you systemically they're not finding the build up in your liver your lungs or your kidneys. All they can see from looking would be a rash. I don't think in the whole topic of safety and toxicity that anyone meant rash.

A rash much like vaping is a clear case of cause-and-effect. I put glue in this area of my scalp and now I have a problem in that area of my scalp.

The only accurate way to monitor yourself for exposure and build up/damage would be specific blood work that is measuring the quantity of chemicals in your bloodstream such as heptane..toulene... ethyl acetate and many others.

Would I do that or expect anyone else to? Absolutely not that's getting crazy.... if you're that worried just don't use it.... and like bald beard said shave your head. But seeing your dermatologist and having him look at your skin and having routine yearly cbc's with differential have nothing to do with evaluating your risk/damage from exposure to the chemicals.

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They are like 3-4 types in Ghost bond, which is better for 7-10 day hold?

really appreciate the valuable suggestions and discussions mentioned in this thread