Hair Tape/glue Health Problems And Risks?

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
See, that's called deflection.

I'll be sure to petition, to have my medical degrees revoked, for your thoughts regarding grammar on a hair loss forum. Thanks for proving my point.
Is there something imparticular I should point out, or simply "poor grammar"
You define simpleton...
Medical degrees? LMFAO! Thanks for the laugh. Next week, you’ll be an astronaut. Enjoy your night and thanks for the laugh.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Medical degrees? LMFAO! Thanks for the laugh. Next week, you’ll be an astronaut. Enjoy your night and thanks for the laugh.
It's more likely you're an astronaut. Quite obviously you're a space cadet.

Medical degrees? No, we received licensure, without graduating.

You can read back years ago, when we started discussing this topic. My profession has never changed.

As stated before, ignorant people such as yourself are the ones that dance around from grammar to astronauts and everything other than the truth... the point....and what's factual.

How many deflection points are you attempting this evening?

You responded to a post, I commented on, telling someone not to respond or engage me. Want to make sure they don't do, exactly what you're doing?

How foolish are you?
You really are a clown.....

More appropriately, a simpleton....

Last edited:

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I have recently switched from tape to ghostbond, simply because we know what's in ghostbond.. I have sensitive skin so have no idea if ghostbond will be ok for me but I hope it will.

We don't know what's in the tape that's the bottom line, could it be harmful?...yes, but it might be harmless too, we're all guessing.

Of course during the average day their could be 100's of seemingly innocent things we do that could culminate in future health issues, if we didn't do any of them we all wouldn't leave the house.

But switching from tape to glue is a simple easy change.

I think these debates are important and i hope it doesn't descend into continuous name calling, lets openly discuss the issue so people can decide what to do for themselves and once they do lets not berate them for it.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have recently switched from tape to ghostbond, simply because we know what's in ghostbond.. I have sensitive skin so have no idea if ghostbond will be ok for me but I hope it will.

We don't know what's in the tape that's the bottom line, could it be harmful?...yes, but it might be harmless too, we're all guessing.

Of course during the average day their could be 100's of seemingly innocent things we do that could culminate in future health issues, if we didn't do any of them we all wouldn't leave the house.

But switching from tape to glue is a simple easy change.

I think these debates are important and i hope it doesn't descend into continuous name calling, lets openly discuss the issue so people can decide what to do for themselves and once they do lets not berate them for it.
The comment that tapes and chemical adhesives could be harmless, is false. The Ingrediants are known, and exposure has been studied/reviewed....albeit regarding occupational exposure....which is less likely to cause issues... vs daily dermal exposure. They absolutely do enter the bloodstream.

I don't understand why people always have to go to the extreme. I've said many times I willingly chose to use acrylic adhesives. People's responses, when discussing chemistry and disease, is if you worried about everything you wouldn't leave the house. What an ignorant statement. No one advocated for locking yourself in the house. I'm adding that silly comments such as "it might not be harmful" or "I haven't died yet" are foolish things to say.... And do nothing but Mislead and give a false sense of security.

I agree, with you, about an name calling. However, if you've read all my interactions, typically the opposing side stands alone with the childish name calling. I use words appropriate to the situation. Usually simpleton applies, as it describes someone that is not only ignorant but gullible. If someone doesn't like the fact that they meet the criteria, that does not mean I'm calling names.

There is a difference between hate speech and speech that you hate. To hate something that's true, about yourself, should inspire them to educate themselves and take action to fix it, so that it's no longer true about them.

Victim postures are not something I support, When the aggressor has run out of slander and switches to being a victim.....

I sincerely hope you don't feel I berate people. I make my position clear, back it up with fact and get call childish names.

Everyone should do what they feel is right. Again, acrylic adhesives are the worst of the worst... and I use them..... It doesn't sit well with me when people make uninformed decisions, and use untrue statements as evidence they're correct. If they make that same decision after being informed, I completely support it....

Last edited:

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
The comment that tapes and chemical adhesives could be harmless, is false. The Ingrediants are known, and exposure has been studied/reviewed....albeit regarding occupational exposure....which is less likely to cause issues... vs daily dermal exposure. They absolutely do enter the bloodstream.

I don't understand why people always have to go to the extreme. I've said many times I willingly chose to use acrylic adhesives. People's responses, when discussing chemistry and disease, is if you worried about everything you wouldn't leave the house. What an ignorant statement. No one advocated for locking yourself in the house. I'm adding that silly comments such as "it might not be harmful" or "I haven't died yet" are foolish things to say.... And do nothing but Mislead and give a false sense of security.

I agree, with you, about an name calling. However, if you've read all my interactions, typically the opposing side stands alone with the childish name calling. I use words appropriate to the situation. Usually simpleton applies, as it describes someone that is not only ignorant but gullible. If someone doesn't like the fact that they meet the criteria, that does not mean I'm calling names.

There is a difference between hate speech and speech that you hate. To hate something that's true, about yourself, should inspire them to educate themselves and take action to fix it, so that it's no longer true about them.

Victim postures are not something I support, When the aggressor has run out of slander and switches to being a victim.....

I sincerely hope you don't feel I berate people. I make my position clear, back it up with fact and get call childish names.

Everyone should do what they feel is right. Again, acrylic adhesives are the worst of the worst... and I use them..... It doesn't sit well with me when people make uninformed decisions, and use untrue statements as evidence they're correct. If they make that same decision after being informed, I completely support it....
I hope you didn't think i was singling you out, it was a generalization incorporating everyone on the forum including myself.

And I didn't mean that people should lock themselves in a room but was merely pointing out every single one of us will do things on a day to day basis that seem innocent but aren't. Supporting your view rather than dismissing it.

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Too bad this site doesn't have a moderator
To shield you from those that disagree, with you?

They actually do have moderators. It's too bad you don't know the difference between hate speech, and speech that you hate. Don't be a victim.

Last edited:

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While Too Bad makes very good points and is correct on this topic. I have to still keep my stance that the medications we take, the dental materials in our mouths, the vaccines we use . The water we drink and the door dashed food we eat are just as bad if not worse than hairpiece glues. It's really just another shitty part of life. He's right...we choose to eat fast food, drink alcohol, smoke, take boner pills, take benzos, opioids, SSRI's, have unprotected sex and go into a small office or bar with people with Covid 19. But at the end of the day we are informed that it's no good. We do it anyway...

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
While Too Bad makes very good points and is correct on this topic. I have to still keep my stance that the medications we take, the dental materials in our mouths, the vaccines we use . The water we drink and the door dashed food we eat are just as bad if not worse than hairpiece glues. It's really just another shitty part of life. He's right...we choose to eat fast food, drink alcohol, smoke, take boner pills, take benzos, opioids, SSRI's, have unprotected sex and go into a small office or bar with people with Covid 19. But at the end of the day we are informed that it's no good. We do it anyway...
Thank you!

That's my point. I'm not here to lecture or put anyone down, for using adhesives. I do the exact same thing.

It just strikes a chord with me when people claim there's no risk, or that it would be on the news if there were.... If someone enjoys smoking, and they know the potential risks, and they still choose to do it... I completely support them.

I get worked up when people claim there is no risk. Nothing ever happens until it happens, and there's no going back, once it does.

That's when I go on my tangents.

However, It's better to live 25 years looking and feeling great, than 35 years unhappy and insecure!

Decisions are always based on quality of life, not duration. :)

Last edited: