Hair Tape/glue Health Problems And Risks?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been using adhesives? You dont remove daily do you?
Also, I don't think one should fool themselves into thinking that daily attachment is safer. 60% of what touches your skin is absorbed into your bloodstream within 26 seconds. So the damage has already been done in under a minute..... It can't be undone by removing it..... as it's not going to remove the chemicals from your bloodstream by removing your system. I believe Daily attachment would increase risk............. As you're putting full strength glue on yourself everyday and absorbing into your body..... cumulatively increasing the amount of chemical in your bloodstream significantly.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna switch to water based. I appreciate all your help. Can you recommend a water based brand? How much risk will switching cut down would you think?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna switch to water based. I appreciate all your help. Can you recommend a water based brand? How much risk will switching cut down would you think?
Like I said there's no way to know. All I can tell you is that acrylic bonds contain known class 2 carcinogens, and that 60% is in your bloodstream within 26 seconds.

Ghost bond has a good reputation.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I said there's no way to know. All I can tell you is that acrylic bonds contain known class 2 carcinogens, and that 60% is in your bloodstream within 26 seconds.

Ghost bond has a good reputation.

Here's the MSDS info for ghost Bond Platinum. That clearly states that up to 10% of individual ingredients may be carcinogenic.

Cleverly stated as not more than 10%....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191110-122202_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20191110-122202_Drive.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 273

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
So when the manufacturers say medical grade, its bullshit
No, it meets certain requirements that are used in the medical field. Have you not seen the news that 75% of blood pressure medications cause cancer? Have you not seen Zantac, a heartburn medication ,has been pulled from all shelves because it causes cancer? Medical grade does not mean safe and without risk , and it never has.

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it meets certain requirements that are used in the medical field. Have you not seen the news that 75% of blood pressure medications cause cancer? Have you not seen Zantac, a heartburn medication ,has been pulled from all shelves because it causes cancer? Medical grade does not mean safe and without risk , and it never has.
Which brings me to another Point Ranitidine known as a Zantac has been around for 40 years only now is there a panic and they're pulling it from the shelves because it is a known carcinogen.

Had you asked someone 6 months ago they'd say sh*t, I've been taking it for 30 plus years and never had a problem.

Yet here we are with black-and-white facts that it's ingredients cause cancer.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, not to get personal, but if you know all this about the solvents based adhesive, why dont you go with water based? I know you said it does not work as well but it may be worth it

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, not to get personal, but if you know all this about the solvents based adhesive, why dont you go with water based? I know you said it does not work as well but it may be worth it
They don't work well. So you're saying it's better to do something wrong? Haha

Like I said from the beginning it's a risk we all take as adults. I never said it was foolish to do it... I said it's foolish to ignore the fact that real risks are associated with it.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score

Like I said from the beginning it's a risk we all take as adults. I never said it was foolish to do it... I said it's foolish to ignore the fact that real risks are associated with it.

Just like you can buy all the skin creams in the world to firm your skin. May or may not work at slightly. Surgery will work 100% but there is risk associated with it. I do what I've got to do to achieve the desired result.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So in a nut shell your stance is yes, there are risks, but unlikely it will cause me problems. Or is it I'm expecting it to cause me problems?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you serious? Every single post I responded with I said it's a Class 2 carcinogen which is probably to cause cancer. Do I think it will cause a problem absolutely.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm serious...not everyone who smokes, used round up, or the millions who have worn pieces over the years gets cancer. The fact that your mindset is that you will is why I'm curious

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm serious...not everyone who smokes, used round up, or the millions who have worn pieces over the years gets cancer. The fact that your mindset is that you will is why I'm curious
No that's incorrect. I never said you will... I specifically said the opposite... that cause and effect is extremely hard to prove are your chances astronomically higher than someone that doesn't..absolutely yes

See the screenshot. Your chance triples, AKA goes up 300% smoking. If your posture is that the risk tripling is not a big deal.... that's foolish...

Thats like saying all that Play Russian Roulette don't die.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191110-142641_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191110-142641_Chrome.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 171

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. Can you recommend a water based brand? The Ghost Bond Classic is that?

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's the MSDS info for ghost Bond Platinum. That clearly states that up to 10% of individual ingredients may be carcinogenic.

Cleverly stated as not more than 10%....
10%?
it says : None of the components in this product at concentrations greater than .1% are listed as a carcinogen.

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Ghost bonds are water based correct? what about stick it clear bond(from MHE) is it water based? After reading this post I decided to use water based bonds