Hair Tape/glue Health Problems And Risks?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
10%?
it says : None of the components in this product at concentrations greater than .1% are listed as a carcinogen.

Correct. Not more than 10% means up to and including 10%.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Water-based white bonds, much like Elmer's glue is safer. However it does not work as well and turns white When you sweat.

History visit my other comment. Just like smoking doesn't cause lung cancer in 1 or 5 years but when you develop it after 20 or 30 years and they look back you find a root cause.

I don't mean this disrespectfully but anybody who thinks there's no risk at putting four to five industrial solvent-based chemicals on their skin... that are classified as level 2 carcinogens has way more problems than missing hair
How about Ghostbond? Don't you think it's the safest?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
How about Ghostbond?
Ghost bond is a white bond that is water-based. I haven't looked into researching that nearly as much as clear Bond. From what I understand Pro Hair Labs is very big on safety and non-toxic products. At a minimum I am confident to say that is the safest option that we have.

Unfortunately I have oily skin and when white Bond gets wet or oily it turns back to White.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
It states 0,1%, not 10%.
.1 is 10% bud

I don't want to be rude but WTF. How do you people not know this ...This was taught in first grade.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191111-181148_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111-181148_Chrome.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 148

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe medical grade means "dangerous: should only be used under the guidance of a medical professional!"?
No medical grade refers to being done in a sterile environment. It has nothing to do with its safety. Just like I had said earlier half the blood pressure medications on the market are getting pulled for cancer ..Zantac which is a acid reflux medicine is getting pulled for cancer. Medical has never meant 100% safe.

I don't mean this disrespectfully as I like this board... and I am always here to help anyone.... but this is my whole point of the post. People are ignorant to facts.
.1 is 10% just like .5 is 50% or $0.50 you move the decimal one place to the right... tenths... hundreds...thousands....ten thousands ...hundred thousands ...as you keep going to the right.

People see and assume what they want, they don't go out facts. If someone says not more than .1
( 10% )that means they can have up to and including 10% and they're telling the truth.

But I would say the whole medical-grade thing is to make you feel better. For the masses I'm referring to..... that assumed medical grade means tested and safe when it does not.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I'm not sure what they are trying to say with medical grade either, but better medical grade than not.
I was taught 0.1 is 10%, 0.001 is 0.1%,
1 is 100%, 10 is 1000%. Funny.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure what they are trying to say with medical grade either, but better medical grade than not.
I was taught 0.1 is 10%, 0.001 is 0.1%,
1 is 100%, 10 is 1000%. Funny.
Exactly .10 is just like 10 cents....$.10 is one tenth of a dollar.... there's ten tenths in 100....
You don't have to be a rocket Appliance to know this haha

Fanjeera

Reaction score
It's funny yeah how they say "4. First aid measures
4.0 General information:
after inhalation: no special measures required.
Skin contact with the wet product: Wash with soap and water."

After skin contact with the wet product you need to wash :D?!

"3. Composition/information on ingredients 3.0 Chemical characterisation (substance): Dispersion of acrylic polymers in water. Also contains: Preservative: Blend of Parabens and Phenoxyetanol."

But anyway, are we worrying about those parabens and phenoxyethanol then which are used as preservatives? I can't imagine a polymer absorbing through the skin very well much like you can't eat by rubbing potato on yourself.

https://prohairlabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/ghostbondplatinummsds.pdf

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's funny yeah how they say "4. First aid measures
4.0 General information:
after inhalation: no special measures required.
Skin contact with the wet product: Wash with soap and water."

After skin contact with the wet product you need to wash :D?!

"3. Composition/information on ingredients 3.0 Chemical characterisation (substance): Dispersion of acrylic polymers in water. Also contains: Preservative: Blend of Parabens and Phenoxyetanol."

But anyway, are we worrying about those parabens and phenoxyethanol then which are used as preservatives? I can't imagine a polymer absorbing through the skin very well much like you can't eat by rubbing potato on yourself. Also 60% is the average absorption rate for your body. As you can see in the attachment the scalp absorbes 400% or quadruple what the forearm does..... putting in astronomically higher amounts of the chemical into our bloodstream.

https://prohairlabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/ghostbondplatinummsds.pdf
I wish that were the truth. Unfortunately it's a fact that our skin will absorb 60% of what we put on it within 26 seconds. A potato in solid form we're comparing this to liquid chemicals. There's a big difference.

Just like the stop smoking patch Nicoderm is applied to your skin... testosterone gel.... minoxidil which is Rogaine is applied to your skin. Many medications are administered transdermally since skin will absorb it into your bloodstream.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191111-183108_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111-183108_Chrome.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20191111-184127_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111-184127_Chrome.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As you said too bad, we make choices use these products but where are the warnings by anyone that they are toxic. All I can find online is it may cause skin irritation to some.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
As you said too bad, we make choices use these products but where are the warnings by anyone that they are toxic. All I can find online is it may cause skin irritation to some.
They're treated as cosmetic products. They are not required to give you any warning. You can use the internet to search for the MSDS sheet with shows you toxicities and the names of the chemicals in the product. You can then research those chemicals and see what a danger they are.

What product specifically are you referring to and I'll post the information.

Just like talcum powder has been found to be a known cause of ovarian cancer. There's no warning on talcum powder about that. Never has been.

There are multiple degrees of toxicity. I'm more worried about them causing cancer than I am about them causing acute toxicity.

One quick search of the ingredients shows are Class 2 carcinogen, likely to cause cancer. How would one not associate that with being potentially harmful?

Toxic just means harmful.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191111-194930_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111-194930_Chrome.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 128

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They're treated as cosmetic products. They are not required to give you any warning. You can use the internet to search for the MSDS sheet with shows you toxicities and the names of the chemicals in the product. You can then research those chemicals and see what a danger they are.

Just like talcum powder has been found to be a known cause of ovarian cancer. There's no warning on talcum powder about that. Never has been.

There are multiple degrees of toxicity. I'm more worried about them causing cancer than I am about them causing acute toxicity.

One quick search of the ingredients shows are Class 2 carcinogen, likely to cause cancer. How would one not associate that with being potentially harmful?

Toxic just means harmful.
Can you look up lace fx made by vapon

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score

Also no tape by vapon
I don't mind helping but you do realize all I'm going to do is type in a vape on adhesive MSDS. Look at what the ingredients are and then Google the ingredients.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't mind helping but you do realize all I'm going to do is type in a vape on adhesive MSDS. Look at what the ingredients are and then Google the ingredients.
I went there, they did not have it

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went there, they did not have it
They most certainly do. You have to take some kind of involvement in your own health. Hairdirect has the MSDS sheets for all the products they sell as a clickable link.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191111-200413_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111-200413_Drive.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot_20191111-200456_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111-200456_Chrome.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot_20191111-200340_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111-200340_Chrome.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 130