Hair Tape/glue Health Problems And Risks?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
They are like 3-4 types in Ghost bond, which is better for 7-10 day hold?

really appreciate the valuable suggestions and discussions mentioned in this thread
Yes, ghost bond is the absolute safest option we have by far. I know some people are getting irritated with me but I'm just trying to help and I'm speaking from Facts.

It just kills me the responses I get are much like: I know dozens of people that smoke never got cancer... ok. well there's hundreds of thousands that weren't that lucky. If you know there's a risk you can still choose to do it but don't keep trying to fool yourself.

I believe the consensus is that ghost Bond Platinum is the best. It even work better for me than the more expensive Supreme.

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very mature Bud very mature..

You going aroun calling experts in their field know-it-alls?

As a matter of fact I've never claimed to be a know-it-all. I simply researched the information and provided my findings. I also told you that you have the same ability to research... and told you the methods of doing so.

If you don't know you can go on the world wide web and find any information you want, then I don't know what to tell you. But to keep asking me to do the legwork when I have the same resources available as you do... over and over again that can only mean one thing. That you are too LAZY to do it yourself.

I've said nothing wrong I said nothing personal or insulting...

But one piece of advice I will give you is don't try to be an internet tough guy making personal attacks and comments.... don't assume you know who you're dealing with. Good luck in your hair Endeavors... But do not try me.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do leg work? You asked what we would like you to post, go back and look

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do leg work? You asked what we would like you to post, go back and look
I know the post. You say what about this one what about that one what about this one you can look for yourself.

I'm sorry I was saying I will show you teach you how to fish. Obviously you want to sit back and be given fish. Definition of lazy

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's you exact offer

What product specifically are you referring to and I'll post the information.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's you exact offer

Here's you exact offer

I did provide the information, Also the means for you to gain the same information for any product you wish. Rather than take that knowledge and find out for yourself you're going to keep asking me over and over. That is being lazy

So I guess if I say hey no problem I'll give you a ride. Once or twice while your car is in the shop.... now you think I'm your personal chauffeur when you have a car parked in your garage.

firewatch9999

My Regimen
Reaction score
.1 is 10% bud

I don't want to be rude but WTF. How do you people not know this ...This was taught in first grade.

Clearly the furthest education you have received is the first grade because it pains me somebody could be this stupid. For example 10% is in percentage format and would be 0.1 in decimal form. However, 0.1% would be 0.001 in decimal form. I am sure this will take you a while to comprehend

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I wish that were the truth. Unfortunately it's a fact that our skin will absorb 60% of what we put on it within 26 seconds. A potato in solid form we're comparing this to liquid chemicals. There's a big difference.

Just like the stop smoking patch Nicoderm is applied to your skin... testosterone gel.... minoxidil which is Rogaine is applied to your skin. Many medications are administered transdermally since skin will absorb it into your bloodstream.
Can you absorb milk protein through skin? Polymers are not among the molecules that are absorbed through skin. After you've applied milk on your skin, the water in it absorbs and the protein which is a polymer will stay lying on the skin, just like with water based adhesives. Glues are not very complex things: they contain of 2 components: the solvent and the thing that will form the film. The solvent is water in case of water based adhesives. Water is good for health.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
If you want to go with glue, and not tape, GhostbondXL, that's just my opinion.
I would forget tapes completely, because they still haven't managed to list ingredients.
Personally I am comfortable using any of the white glues - Davlyn, Ghostbond, Ultrahold, ORWG etc. - and I feel their hold time - around 7 - 14 days - fits in with a hygienic maintenance timetable. I am not comfortable with the cyanacrylic superglue-type adhesives, both for chemical absorption reasons and because I feel the hold time - about a month - is too long to be hygienic. I experienced that adhesive type and timetable when I first started wearing, and it felt bad to me. I associate it with the Hair Club methodology, where you pass 100% control to a salon.

I dare say even the white glues have potential issues associated, but weighing up the (admittedly limited) information I have to judge, I take the view that the benefit is worth the risk, along with red meat, alcohol, sugar, butter, air travel, etc etc. etc.
How about Walker's Great White? Looks quite similar to Ghostbond: https://www.hairdirect.com/walkergreatwhiteliquidadhesivewhite14ounces

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you absorb milk protein through skin? Polymers are not among the molecules that are absorbed through skin. After you've applied milk on your skin, the water in it absorbs and the protein which is a polymer will stay lying on the skin, just like with water based adhesives. Glues are not very complex things: they contain of 2 components: the solvent and the thing that will form the film. The solvent is water in case of water based adhesives. Water is good for health.
I would have to look into that but respectfully that's irrelevant... we're not putting milk protein on our head we're putting multiple chemicals.

The number of different chemicals is irrelevant as well...whats important it's the ones that are damaging and dangerous.... and if they're in there it presents a risk.

All of the bonds... either white or acrylic no matter who makes them they're all made with the same basic formula. One might have four ingredients the other has three they might have different ratios but they're not completely different things. They are all extremely similar.

I'll have to take a look at great white.. but like I was saying I'm pretty sure it's going to be comparable and as safe as ghost bond.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would have to look into that but respectfully that's irrelevant... we're not putting milk protein on our head we're putting multiple chemicals.

The number of different chemicals is irrelevant as well...whats important it's the ones that are damaging and dangerous.... and if they're in there it presents a risk.

All of the bonds... either white or acrylic no matter who makes them they're all made with the same basic formula. One might have four ingredients the other has three they might have different ratios but they're not completely different things. They are all extremely similar.

I'll have to take a look at great white.. but like I was saying I'm pretty sure it's going to be comparable and as safe as ghost bond.

I'm sure there's literally hundreds of things administer transdermally oh, just a few that come to mind are testosterone, nicotine, estrogen..... they are all very powerful drugs and hormones that gain access to the bloodstream the same way.

Toluene is a common chemical in acrylic adhesives... see the attached the document showing absorption is slow but that it does in fact enter the body. Its effects are cumulative.

That's been my position the whole time. I'm not saying it causes an immediate cancer or problem such as an allergic reaction. My point is that it is cumulative and over the time is building up in our bodies and organs causing prolonged damage. Much like smoking... asbestos...silica...talc..
All things that experts believe were safe were very dangerous.

We know the chemicals in adhesives are unsafe.
Each MSDS shows toxicity levels in water and fish. Its not zero

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191112-174601_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191112-174601_Chrome.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_20191112-175742_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191112-175742_Chrome.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_20191112-180947_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20191112-180947_Drive.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Leduc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would forget tapes completely, because they still haven't managed to list ingredients.

How about Walker's Great White? Looks quite similar to Ghostbond: https://www.hairdirect.com/walkergreatwhiteliquidadhesivewhite14ounces

This sounds serious. In the Safety Data Sheet in the link above it states "avoid contact with skin". Maybe I am naive, but how are they allowed to sell this if it is as dangerous as described? Avoid contact with skin? What do they suppose hair pieces are bonded to if not the skin?

bond.PNG

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
This sounds serious. In the Safety Data Sheet in the link above it states "avoid contact with skin". Maybe I am naive, but how are they allowed to sell this if it is as dangerous as described? Avoid contact with skin? What do they suppose hair pieces are bonded to if not the skin?

View attachment 132040

Thank you thank you thank you. That's what I've been saying the whole time if it was safe they would not be covering their *** by putting up material safety data Sheetz saying to not get it on your skin and if you do immediately remove it.

Finally!

Leduc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you thank you thank you. That's what I've been saying the whole time if it was safe they would not be covering their *** by putting up material safety data Sheetz saying to not get it on your skin and if you do immediately remove it.

Finally!

Is there no safe alternative then? My first piece (second if I count the first one with the bad color match) arrives in a couple of months and now I come across this thread which is scaring the crap out of me. Noah posted a recipe for a liquid adhesive that sounds all natural. Has anybody tried it yet?