Hair Multiplication Update:Histogen!

DHR

Reaction score
chrome said:
Here is the Regen HGEN-001 Hair Growth section:

Hair Growth Product
•Hair loss affects 35 million men and 21 million women in the United States
•Hair growth product (HGEN-001) has an estimated revenue of $2.8 billion (represents 1% of the market)
•Suggested price for treatment is $5k versus $4-12k (2 procedures)
•Strong scientific data suggests potential homerun product
•Potential to capture 25% of market (revenue of $70 billion = 56 million x .25 x $5,000)
•Net Potential Revenue is $49 billion (70% of gross)
•Strategy: secure global corporate partner after Phase I data is available

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of waiting....... what is so hard? I mean really now

:thumbdown2:

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
Kube8 said:
I'm getting tired of waiting....... what is so hard? I mean really now

:thumbdown2:

Nothing, it's just that mankind has been trying to cure male pattern baldness since the days of the ancient Greeks.

In addition, there have really only been serious efforts in the last 10 to 15 years. Before that, an actual "cure' was only a pipedream, any attempts were merely futile, and and modern science was not invented yet.

Science has come a LONG ways in the last decade but it's gonna take time. I hope something comes out in the next 5 years, but I'm not holding my breath on it. We've all been fed the "it's only 3 to 5 years away" crap for 10+ years now. :jackit:

Histogen looks the most promising so far out of all of them, and they are claiming "2015" for a possible future release date.

And I'm afraid even that is overly "optimistic" IMO.

Again..... what's so hard? Get some stem cells, make some serum and shoot it into my head already!

Just getting irritated about everything you just said. I keep hearing the 5 year thing also, all the hype about one company and then the next blah blah blah...... and most have been a disappointment. Hopefully Histogen won't be.

I'm not even bald really. Must be more difficult for you fully bald guys... or maybe you're at least used to it. My hair is receding a little more quickly these days. It's getting increasingly difficult to conceal.... in a short time.... SHORT time, I won't be able to..... I was seriously hoping that by the time I was at this stage, there'd be something else to do about it. WRONG! I'm 33... so basically I'm going to have to wait until I'm 38 at the earliest? sheesh!

I guess we should be pleased that there is at least something on the horizon. If it was 50 years ago, there would be no hope at all.

striker9

Established Member
Reaction score
still in pre-clinical.

we still need phase 1, phase 2, phase 3 and only then market...

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Well i'm hoping for these one because they put results photo on humans. Not like follica, asj or others who got pre clinical results on animals. So we know that this stuff actually work we can see that from the photos.

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
So there are basically no updates.... gosh. I mean, honestly... I suppose there are worse things in life. I just had a heart issue (though not life threatening) but scary to say the least. Puts things into perspective. At least I'm alive... well at best, I'm alive. Still, I'd prefer to be alive with hair.

I raise my glass to hope. Histogen or whoever! :)

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
ok that's next month. Fast fast fast! lol And if they are finally the company to succeed in trials in all aspects, I shall invest butt loads of money in histogen.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
there allways 3 human trails....
a trail takes 1 year....

so 2013 would be the fastest time availibel and only for that time in azia...
if i calculate right , it would be more at the end of 2013 then the beginning...

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
I am really pissed since something was supposed to be out already but intercytex is out of business and apparently what they had going on wasn't even that great at all.

My hair is actually getting to the point where I can't even really hide it anymore, I'm definitely not as upset about it as I used to be, but I've pretty much gone through all 5 stages of loss and I'm at a point of acceptance where it's been drilled into my head that all I can do is go on with my life and do my best, though that doesn't necessarily mean I'm happy about it.

I think the experience of losing one's hair isn't much different from having a clsose family member die.

If this histogen thing is for real I will definitely make it out to singapore, and if it is for real hopefully I'll only have to deal with it until trichoscience or someone comes out with something better.

Until then I'm just gonna try my best to hold onto what I got with ru58841.

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
Isn't that the exact same thing that happened to Intercytex? At least the start of their demise. JOY

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
isn't it time to donate money to Histogen ?
i have a 200 for them .. this website could finance their singapore trials

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm more interested in the trials in the U.S. using the topical application of HSC.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Stemcelex is another recent or not so recent attempt to use promising terminology to sell what is basically more "snake oil". They try to sound like what we expect HM to be and talk a good game but they lack evidence in the form of pictures or otherwise. It's disgusting how they are toying with us and has become quite tiresome.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
looks like HSC is gonna be for sale as well as TRC
maybe we should buy the rights to these treatments :dunno:
that way we'll practically get a return on the cost of HM when we get it

striker9

Established Member
Reaction score
striker9 said:
ru58841 is working for you?
any news on histogen?

????

Those experiments are expected to take about two more years. But even if regulators approve this particular treatment, it will only be available in parts of Asia—not the United States.

more than 2 years...

but that's very promising. in 5 years will have a new topical lol

Raph

Reaction score
i have a question about histrogen.... does it grow new hair? or does it just reactive seeds that were once dormant?

this is something ive wondered for a while......

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Kube8 said:
Isn't that the exact same thing that happened to Intercytex? At least the start of their demise. JOY

Even if histogen goes bust for what ever reason. The technology is there to regrow hair. Its much more promising than anything we've seen previously (hair grown on mice blah blah). Its only a matter of time before it comes available.