Hair Multiplication Update:Histogen!

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, I never heard of Histogen but looks promising.
This is only phase I trial right?
Thanks for the update.

Blondilocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at the pictures, they are preparing to go to press!
Thats there first 12 weeks!!!!! and they are posting pictures already! They only started in november!

"In addition to seeing no adverse reactions, we were delighted to see more hair, thicker hair shafts, and what appears to be the growth of completely new hair follicles in the areas that received the ReGenica treatment."

Baseline:
http://www.prweb.com/prfiles/2009/02/14 ... seline.tif

12 weeks!
http://www.prweb.com/prfiles/2009/02/14 ... 2weeks.tif

Hitsogen are presenting there data at the Stem Cell Summit:
February 17, 2009
New York, NY
Dr. Gail Naughton to present Histogen's commercialization plan based on "lessons learned" from Advanced Tissue Sciences

Musician

Reaction score
Leave it to stem cell research, it's like the miracle cure for everything genetic.

I will be keeping a close eye on this.

Blondilocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Histogen openess and confidence by releasing these photos is brilliant, not somehting that can be said for intercytex.

Histogen will release there full data on this study in 2/3 quarter 2009

This might force Intercytex hand! With full clinical data being released approx around the 18th march 2009.

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
Well the injectable is being targetted for 2015 release. Lets hope that they can release the topical or shampoo version sooner.

Then I wouldnt put it past people to inject the shampoos :whistle:

Blondilocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Well im not going to quote timelines but:

There are now people walking amongst us from both intercytex and Histogen that have newy created induced hair growth! That is an important factor on any timeline!!

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lovely! whats amazing is that i belive this is the first time we see a genuine follicle groth on human scalp! amzing, makes me feel warm and cozy inside... :)

justaguy2005

Reaction score
askas said:
That looks interesting, but the question is: if it regrows DHT-induced hairs, will they fall out again? So we will need to use this thingy for ages?

I think the idea is that they clone cells from the back of your head that are DHT resistant.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Explain to me how this works..

Do they take the hair from the back of the head and then multiply it somehow and then inject it back into the scalp? Would this process not just end up like a hair transplant? Wouldn't take forever to put 50000 hairs or so back on to someones scalp and wouldn't this be extremely expensive?

Also , what is the expected timeline for this? If it's anywhere near 2015 then it will do nothing for me because my hair is going fassssst.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Those pictures look promising , but the hair has grown anyways , this might attrribute to its success. The good news is that this is only after 12 weeks and if it indeed is inducing completly new hair follicles to grow then they are on to something.

justaguy2005

Reaction score
decro435 said:
Explain to me how this works..

Do they take the hair from the back of the head and then multiply it somehow and then inject it back into the scalp?

Yes.

decro435 said:
Would this process not just end up like a hair transplant?

Yes, but since you can clone the relevant cells, you only need to grab a couple hairs and clone them instead of slicing out a 4 inch chunk of the back of your head.

decro435 said:
Wouldn't take forever to put 50000 hairs or so back on to someones scalp and wouldn't this be extremely expensive? Also , what is the expected timeline for this? If it's anywhere near 2015 then it will do nothing for me because my hair is going fassssst.

They're not cloning entire hairs, just the important cells that form the "seed" of the hair follicle, and it looks like they just inject the scalp with a bunch of seed cells.

It won't be cheap.

They're saying they'd start p3 trials in 2-3 years if they have promising data. If it works, though, I'd be surprised if you couldn't go to some "medical tourism" destination within a year or two. There are already some doctors trying to provide HM/cloning services, but nobody's perfected the technique.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I see...

Are these the best results we have achieved so far?

Blondilocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Hard question to answer, essentially Intercytex were where Histogen are 2 years ago, and there are those pictures they released from ICX-TRC Phase I that are not as high def as histogens. I dont believe they got quite the repsonse in hair volume as they wanted. Ever since they have gone very quiet and prolonged phase II by about a year, which either means it failed (why wait a year to annouce it tho) or there perfecting there technique.

This industry is very very secret, there are 4 companies all working on the same principles in varying differences in technique:

Intercytex - release phase II March
Histogen - release phase I in June
Follica - release phase I in 4th quarter 2009
Aderans - TBA

All except Intercytex need phase II which is at least a year and then Phase III which can be anything from 2-3 years, with a least a year for the actual release.

There are also several japanese firms and a biotech startup in Italy studying the same area. Dont think that no-ones interested in hair regrowth because if you can create a new 'hair organ' (because thats what hair essentially is a dispensible organ) then you can essentially create a whole raft of other organs, fundamentally.

What happened to ASC-J9 and NEOSH101?

There going the way of the DODO!

There products that may yield better results than Finestride and Minoxidil but there treatments that dont resolve the problem to a degree that the vast majority will buy into.In my own personal judgement is that the efficacy of spending $millions on phase 3 and marketing has been deemed not worth it. A 10 year future product analysis of these 2 products must have predicted no significant returns. This is because the industry is advancing very fast which makes any inferior product un economical!

Histogen by releasing these pictures are essentially attracting more investment, and showing a very scared investment comunity that the industry has a future, all these companies know it works, but its who can create the ultimate package.

Its what the other companies are hiding and not releasing thats interesting. An interview with Dr Farjo of Intercytex claim that they have a hundred new hairs gowing in an area of a quarter, 50pence piece in there test subjects. (searching for link)

So no i dont think this is the best out there its just the best proof out there!

chain

Reaction score
Blondilocks said:

Hard question to answer, essentially Intercytex were where Histogen are 2 years ago, and there are those pictures they released from ICX-TRC Phase I that are not as high def as histogens. I dont believe they got quite the repsonse in hair volume as they wanted. Ever since they have gone very quiet and prolonged phase II by about a year, which either means it failed (why wait a year to annouce it tho) or there perfecting there technique.

This industry is very very secret, there are 4 companies all working on the same principles in varying differences in technique:

Intercytex - release phase II March
Histogen - release phase I in June
Follica - release phase I in 4th quarter 2009
Aderans - TBA

All except Intercytex need phase II which is at least a year and then Phase III which can be anything from 2-3 years, with a least a year for the actual release.

There are also several japanese firms and a biotech startup in Italy studying the same area. Dont think that no-ones interested in hair regrowth because if you can create a new 'hair organ' (because thats what hair essentially is a dispensible organ) then you can essentially create a whole raft of other organs, fundamentally.

[quote:3chy1j0m]What happened to ASC-J9 and NEOSH101?

There going the way of the DODO!

There products that may yield better results than Finestride and Minoxidil but there treatments that dont resolve the problem to a degree that the vast majority will buy into.In my own personal judgement is that the efficacy of spending $millions on phase 3 and marketing has been deemed not worth it. A 10 year future product analysis of these 2 products must have predicted no significant returns. This is because the industry is advancing very fast which makes any inferior product un economical!

Histogen by releasing these pictures are essentially attracting more investment, and showing a very scared investment comunity that the industry has a future, all these companies know it works, but its who can create the ultimate package.

Its what the other companies are hiding and not releasing thats interesting. Intercytex claim that they have hundreds of new hairs gowing in an area of a quarter, 50pence piece in there test subjects.

So no i dont think this is the best out there its just the best proof out there![/quote:3chy1j0m]

Thanks for the summary on the industry

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Intercytex claim that they have hundreds of new hairs gowing in an area of a quarter, 50pence piece in there test subjects.

Does anyone have a link to back this quote up?

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clear update on HM Blondilocks!

I would also like to see the article claiming hundreds of new hairs in the area of a quarter , I'm not saying you are wrong I'm just finding this hard to believe because that is simply a cure right?

Blondilocks , since you seem to know a bit about this area do you believe there will be any satisfactory HM procedure released before 2012?

Blondilocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm Sorry, i had meant to link that but i couldnt find the interview.

It was an interview with Dr Farjo in manchester from the phase I trials. I must stress that the quality of this hair he mentioned was not stated and (dont quote me on this) He said the individuals would prorbably not realise themselves that they had alot of new hairs, so that tells you that they werent mind blowing!. Phase II was all about moving away from a small area and beginning to see the effects across a much larger affected area.

I just cant remember were i had seen it, I will endevaour to reference it and get you the link!

do you believe there will be any satisfactory HM procedure released before 2012?

Personally i see the earliest date being 2013, But i hate this timeline concept, but you never now!

Although i can't stress enough how much different the whole 'in the next 5 years is' we are advancing, its undeniable.The breakthroughs have happened!

banco

Reaction score
Great stuff. Hopefuuly Histogen's results will spur follica on and vice versa. Anyone who's done any study into the history of science will be aware that "double discoveries" where a problem is solved by 2 or more people/groups at roughly the same time working independently of each other is quite common (theory of evolution and calculus being the most famous examples). I wonder if that's what will happen here.