Experienced Member
Reaction score
Clinical trials are always time and labor intensive and are
likely to take at least a few years. Our best current prediction
for market availability in the U.S., based on the time line
for clinical trials and regulatory approval, is 2015. We will
be conducting an additional concurrent pivotal clinical trial
outside of the U.S. and will seek market approval in other
countries where availability is possible prior to 2015.
i kinda like the sound of that
it seems evident that it's not the technology but the red tape that is holing it back
fda approval takes ages and i don't know what it has to go through for it to be available in the uk...
i refuse to call it a cure since they don't know if the hair will have androgen receptors or not, and if it's is just a treatment i don't think they would develop it further because it wouldn't make economic sense for them to do so, it's more profitable if you have to keep buying it after all

ineedmyhair

Reaction score
Probably require taking finasteride with it to be effective. But I guess it's a good thing since it's showing the world that hair loss products would make profits and the technology is working. I really hope that ICX would be able to survive and keep researching on their technology because it seems to be the "real cure" for baldness...

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
somone uk said:
Clinical trials are always time and labor intensive and are
likely to take at least a few years. Our best current prediction
for market availability in the U.S., based on the time line
for clinical trials and regulatory approval, is 2015. We will
be conducting an additional concurrent pivotal clinical trial
outside of the U.S. and will seek market approval in other
countries where availability is possible prior to 2015.
i kinda like the sound of that
it seems evident that it's not the technology but the red tape that is holing it back
fda approval takes ages and i don't know what it has to go through for it to be available in the uk...
i refuse to call it a cure since they don't know if the hair will have androgen receptors or not, and if it's is just a treatment i don't think they would develop it further because it wouldn't make economic sense for them to do so, it's more profitable if you have to keep buying it after all

Yeah I thought that showed good signs as well. I like that the results they have had have been from a single dose, not an everyday treatment or the like.

I think it shows a lot of promise, the more research and products the better I say.

ComeOnPropy

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/showthread.php?t=1349

I guess this could be seen as an update of sorts its a 1 hour clip from the bald truth radio show with Dr Ziering of Histogen. Talks to people about the future of histogen and that they will be seeking an earlier release in Non US countries whilst they seek FDA approval in america. Interesting listening.

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
Fantastic to actually hear information from the horses mouth! I shall keep waiting, but i still want it NOW!

Boondock

Reaction score
I'm not getting my hopes up about this, and I'd be extremely surprised if it's available by 2015. Still, looks a more viable option than Intercytex right now!

ComeOnPropy

Established Member
Reaction score
They have basically stated they would release something outside us before 2015. So i guess we know its coming but we gotta wait till they do there effacy and dosing tests in full. If 1 Injection can get 25% Increase im excited.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
ComeOnPropy said:
http://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/showthread.php?t=1349

I guess this could be seen as an update of sorts its a 1 hour clip from the bald truth radio show with Dr Ziering of Histogen. Talks to people about the future of histogen and that they will be seeking an earlier release in Non US countries whilst they seek FDA approval in america. Interesting listening.

Good interview, thanks for posting that, it sounds very promising. I'm glad he is taking some time to inform the public of where they are at and where they think they are heading etc, it is refreshing to hear his honesty about it all I think.

One small thing though, did those guys say their forums were the biggest growing or something similar.. Or did I just mishear it? That surely isn't right...

I think they are a little bit delusional about where their forum stands in relation to other hair loss forums, they were a bit self righteous about it all to be honest.
But I digress, I think it is good they are doing this radio show and trying to kick the stigma that surrounds baldness

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Btw, who is the interviewer getting accused of painting their bald spot at about 46 minutes in?!
That was funny as.

Japanfour

Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:
Btw, who is the interviewer getting accused of putting their bald spot at about 46 minutes in?!
That was funny as.

You mean painting there bald spot? It was Larry King.

DHR

Reaction score
Loved the interview but I'm still wondering if the hair histo grows...will just fall back out again.

edit: http://www.ishrs.org/PDF/F4-2009.pdf

had a look into it, and found this quote...

"12. Are the hairs being produced also androgen sensitive
and, if this is the case, will the treatment need to be
permanently given?
Histology is being performed and we should be able to
obtain those data."

sounds like a maybe to me

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DHR said:
Loved the interview but I'm still wondering if the hair histo grows...will just fall back out again.

edit: http://www.ishrs.org/PDF/F4-2009.pdf

had a look into it, and found this quote...

"12. Are the hairs being produced also androgen sensitive
and, if this is the case, will the treatment need to be
permanently given?
Histology is being performed and we should be able to
obtain those data."

sounds like a maybe to me
really the treatment is going to produce androgen sensetive hair, it's does nothing to address that at all,
but the kind of results it yields implies it's a VERY strong growth stimulant
i think ARI still has it's place in that they are going to produce hair that is'nt androgen sensitive
really if they both turn out successful it's going to be the case of
histogen ---> early stages of male pattern baldness
ARI ----> late stages

DHR

Reaction score
I can dream, I can dream.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Japanfour said:
Tyler_Durden said:
Btw, who is the interviewer getting accused of putting their bald spot at about 46 minutes in?!
That was funny as.

You mean painting there bald spot? It was Larry King.

Woops! Yep, I definitely meant 'painting' their bald spot, my bad!

Ah okay, I'm gonna try track down that interview now :)

ComeOnPropy

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick screen grab i did from someone who watched an online seminar from Histogen.

Update on Histogen Investment presentation: Very interesting. The quick take-away is that they are on a fast track. They have raised $4.4 million in series A funding and are looking for another $2.3 million in series A. Then they will immediately start raising series B funding. The series A $$ will be used to keep things moving and design an asian clinical trial. The series B funding will be used to create a manufacturing facility and to conduct the asian trial which would consist of 300 subjects. If the asian trial is succesful, they can go directly to market in asia, excluding Japan….no more waiting. Then they will look to the US. They showed 2 photos at the 5 month mark with the average increase in hair being over 20% with a single injection…..some over 40%. The photos, like those seen on their website, are of an area the size a nickel. A 20% increase in this nickel sized area was equivalent to 100 additional hairs. They say there were absolutely no safety issues and they feel like they can increase the effectivenes with multiple injections or by increasing the dosage. Keep in mind this was an investment raising presentation but they painted a very promising picture. They are waiting for a ruling on their lawsuit motion for Summary Judgement. HSC is not a subject of the lawsuit. If the bottom doesn’t fall out over some type of safety issue, this is definitely a very major step forward.

ragsta

Reaction score
some gud freakin news for once, who are these fk'ers with this lawsuit, any chance u got a link for that comeonpoppy

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I hope something comes out soon, I want some fooking hair! This waiting game is crap.

DHR

Reaction score
personally, I think Histogen+FUE is the best we might be able to hope for, for a while.

Bombarie

Banned
Reaction score
What if Histogen is going to be available in 5 years, what do you guys think that the prices for a threatment are going to be?
Like 10k?$