Hair Multiplication Update:Histogen!

BitchBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
No one's sure how to take good news are they? Don't theses results in an of themselves make HSC the most sucessful treatment for hair loss ever?

I want some chinese lab to knock up a batch so I can try it out.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
bboy said:
No one's sure how to take good news are they? Don't theses results in an of themselves make HSC the most sucessful treatment for hair loss ever?

Yes they do. We've never been closer. Still, I think a lot of the people on here have heard about a lot of stuff like this over the years, so you can hardly blame them for not celebrating too early. Histogen still have lots of work to do. All we can do is cross our fingers and wait.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sadscalp said:
Still, I think a lot of the people on here have heard about a lot of stuff like this over the years, so you can hardly blame them for not celebrating too early

Lol you can say that again .... ;)

Boondock

Reaction score
I can understand the pessimism. Intercytex got closer than this, and then went bust. Histogen looks promising, for sure, but who knows what's gunna happen? Don't forget they have a huge lawsuit on their *** still.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:
I can understand the pessimism. Intercytex got closer than this, and then went bust. Histogen looks promising, for sure, but who knows what's gunna happen? Don't forget they have a huge lawsuit on their *** still.

I agree, but just a quick question: Intercytex was hair multiplication right?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
sadscalp said:
bboy said:

Yes they do. We've never been closer. Still, I think a lot of the people on here have heard about a lot of stuff like this over the years, so you can hardly blame them for not celebrating too early. Histogen still have lots of work to do. All we can do is cross our fingers and wait.

Only difference between then and now is that half of the sh*t was "theoretical". They are making concrete breakthroughs now. I tell you now, next 10-20 years there will be a REAL breakthrough - if not a cure. There is so much money to be made here, why wouldn't anyone want to solve it.

Boondock

Reaction score

Yes indeed. One of the other firms (Follica, I think) actually bought their research not that long ago.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:

Yes indeed. One of the other firms (Follica, I think) actually bought their research not that long ago.

It wasn't Follica, it was Aderans. Follica are doing something similar to Histogen I think.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Oknow said:
sadscalp said:
bboy said:

Only difference between then and now is that half of the sh*t was "theoretical". They are making concrete breakthroughs now. I tell you now, next 10-20 years there will be a REAL breakthrough - if not a cure. There is so much money to be made here, why wouldn't anyone want to solve it.

I do agree with you mate, but still it's not surprising that people don't wanna get their hopes up. It's VERY exciting though, and I'm looking forward to following their phase I and II trials.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
sadscalp said:
Oknow said:
sadscalp said:

I do agree with you mate, but still it's not surprising that people don't wanna get their hopes up. It's VERY exciting though, and I'm looking forward to following their phase I and II trials.

Yeah I understand, but if you look at it into perspective it is all coming along nicely:

Skeptics: ICX tech will be dissolved by Phizer or some big drug company.

Reality: It was bought by Aidens.

Skeptics: Histogens law suit will mess them up.

Reality: They have made a breakthrough.

Even if HSC go bust, there are other companies out there working on this sh*t day and night, and you know what the beauty of this is - they are all competing with one another for the spoils of gold. As long as there are bald people there will be a market. Even if histogen do go bust, I can see Follica buying the tech.

Finally, even if such a breakthrough is made soon, minoxidil and propecia will not lose its market share simply because they are cheap and affordable for the average consumer. This is likely to be expensive to begin with. Everybody is a winner.

I just hope my hair holds up for at least another 10 years or remains mild like many of my uncles for the rest of my life.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oknow said:
Yeah I understand, but if you look at it into perspective it is all coming along nicely:

Reality : Histogen still have a lawsuit that can potentially bust the company and investors pulled out millions after hearing the news
Reality: we have never made a nw7 into a nw1

i do think we'll be able to cure male pattern baldness in 10 years time and i think that ARI and histogen will provide marketable products before 10 years but i don't think they'll be as good as the hype
i can see ARI being as much of a cure for male pattern baldness like IVF is a cure for infertility, people can get ivf but the chances of a feutus being fertilised isn't by any means certain, and i can see ARI bringing the same uncertainty when brought onto market initially, maybe they might biopsy about 200 hairs but it would like fail you might get 150 hairs back work and you get 40000 hairs back but i definitely don't see it working perfectly
we have no evidence whether or not histogen hair is andro-sensitive therefore we don't know if it is a decent treatment, it's only proven to be better than minoxidil and propecia

ARI have an effective in vitro hm but hasn't proven to work well in vivo
histogen did deliver results on a safety trial, they weren't trying to see how well it worked they just wanted to prove that HSC won't kill you so i have to admit it was a breakthrough but a breakthrough is only the beginning, we didn't have transatlantic flights a day after the Wright brothers first flew their plane

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
somone uk said:
Oknow said:

Reality : Histogen still have a lawsuit that can potentially bust the company and investors pulled out millions after hearing the news
Reality: we have never made a nw7 into a nw1

i do think we'll be able to cure male pattern baldness in 10 years time and i think that ARI and histogen will provide marketable products before 10 years but i don't think they'll be as good as the hype
i can see ARI being as much of a cure for male pattern baldness like IVF is a cure for infertility, people can get ivf but the chances of a feutus being fertilised isn't by any means certain, and i can see ARI bringing the same uncertainty when brought onto market initially, maybe they might biopsy about 200 hairs but it would like fail you might get 150 hairs back work and you get 40000 hairs back but i definitely don't see it working perfectly
we have no evidence whether or not histogen hair is andro-sensitive therefore we don't know if it is a decent treatment, it's only proven to be better than minoxidil and propecia

ARI have an effective in vitro hm but hasn't proven to work well in vivo
histogen did deliver results on a safety trial, they weren't trying to see how well it worked they just wanted to prove that HSC won't kill you so i have to admit it was a breakthrough but a breakthrough is only the beginning, we didn't have transatlantic flights a day after the Wright brothers first flew their plane

I don't think we will see a full blown cure in the next 10 years, we will if anything see as you said better treatments in the next 10 years. That in itself is encouraging, especially considering the limitations/and or health risks of the current treatments on the market. For one I don't like the idea of having to use minoxidil/propecia for the rest of my life, and even then risk losing hair or getting a side is not desireable. This is a step in the right direction.

Even if histogen go bust, it is likely someone will buy the tech (follica?) from them and refine it.

Once the tech is out, it will be refined.

paranoid

Reaction score
I am definitely pleased to see these 1 year results from Histogen. The 3-4 year time period is a bit far away and in reality we might not actually see this hit the consumer market til' 5-6 years but that is still ok. Right now I'm a norwood 1.5 and have been on a good regimen to get back to norwood 1. I have improved greatly over the 3 years since i started my hairloss regimen so I think my hair will hopefully still be between a 1-1.5 at the time of this release. Also I will be around 30 years old.

The next thing we need a treatment for is a cure for premature white hair. I have a good amount coming in and I use JustForMen once a month to hide them.

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
So what is a baseline in this study? I'm just looking at the pictures Histogen posted and I'm wondering how big that area is. Did it vary per patient? I'm guessing it's just an average with a percentage increase in general as they mentioned? 73.61%

Baseline: 179
3 months: 193
1 year: 263.5

I'm just wondering what this actually means. I mean, after one year, they didn't even double the amount of hairs (not to poo poo the study). So does this mean that if you have only 2 hairs on your head, you'd only grow maybe 1, possibly 2 new hairs? I know that sounds silly, but I'm just trying to figure out what these results actually mean. Are we going to potentially go from being completely bald to having a full head of hair? Surely, we still have to wait over another year for their next trials to be complete which would tell us more, but I'm just curious.

I want it all! lol

Innermind

Established Member
Reaction score
I think adreans is weak as f***. First off, they own bosley. Any company that has anything to do with bosley can eat a dick. Also, Intercytex failed, adreans bought them, Im not sure why as there results were sub par. Dr.Gho did the exact same thing in the early 2000's and gave up after he realized that it just didn't product enough viable hair. THE SAME THING INTERCYTEX FOUND. 18% of hair over 30 microns... thats f*****g laughable. A normal hair is like 4 times that. I would rather know the percentage of hair over 60 microns. Guess why they didn't every display that stat... probably because it was less than 2%.

My money is Histogen. I don't think any treatment for hair loss has EVER shown such promising results... and these current results are from a PRE CLINICAL PHASE 0 trial. As long as they are telling the truth, I think we have a winner on our hands.

As far as follica goes, well, they have been keeping very quite about this. I think partly because of some info leaked some time ago. We will know more at the IHARS annual conference in november. Im excited to hear what they have to say, but Histogen is by far the winner at this point because their treatment requires no skin wounding. These next 2 years will be very exciting.

Just my two cents.

Innermind

Established Member
Reaction score
Kube8 said:
So what is a baseline in this study? I'm just looking at the pictures Histogen posted and I'm wondering how big that area is. Did it vary per patient? I'm guessing it's just an average with a percentage increase in general as they mentioned? 73.61%

Baseline: 179
3 months: 193
1 year: 263.5

I'm just wondering what this actually means. I mean, after one year, they didn't even double the amount of hairs (not to poo poo the study). So does this mean that if you have only 2 hairs on your head, you'd only grow maybe 1, possibly 2 new hairs? I know that sounds silly, but I'm just trying to figure out what these results actually mean. Are we going to potentially go from being completely bald to having a full head of hair? Surely, we still have to wait over another year for their next trials to be complete which would tell us more, but I'm just curious.

I want it all! lol

Preclinical phase 0 trial. You need to know what that is. I do, and the results are amazing for a preclinical phase 0 trial.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In the bald truth interview they mentioned the results are from one injection only... maybe with multiple treatments or more concentrated treatment you can see better results.
and btw, they didnt mention anything about trying the treatment on bald areas... right?

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Smooth said:
In the bald truth interview they mentioned the results are from one injection only... maybe with multiple treatments or more concentrated treatment you can see better results.
and btw, they didnt mention anything about trying the treatment on bald areas... right?
this is still phase 1, they are only concerned about safety,
they might possibly consider it for phase 2

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
eitherway it could work great combined with hair transplant (and will cost a furtune too probably) sure will beat the "big 3" route :)