Hair Multiplication Update:Histogen!

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:
Seriously guys there's absolutely no way we'll have something by 2013.
are you weather man or what? to predict everything? how do you know that? are you working for histogen? in your opinion nothing will be ever made...and what's the point being here and discuss about this f*****g crap if you don't have any hope at all? if you're so sure ...why are you still here..go shave the head and keep living the life...because anyway you will end up bald and nothing will be available for fixing it!

Boondock

Reaction score
The only people who claim the product will be available in 2013 are Histogen themselves, with a ludicrously optimistic timeline which even they are couching in terms of "if all goes to plan..."

I don't know when this will be available, but I'd bet my life savings it wouldn't be 2013.

It's not a case of giving up if this stuff doesn't work. There's plenty of technology available already to help us. What won't help is crossing your fingers and praying for a release date that is never going to happen.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
in fact it is the first company that showed us some pictures of new hair growth and revive of the old ones...that's why I put my trust in them...;)

Boondock

Reaction score
Well good luck with that.

And actually they're not. The first company to show progress pictures was Intercytex. They ended up going bust and selling their intellectual propery for a pittance to Aderans.

cobey60

Reaction score
Boondock, your pessimism is insufferable. Yes, it's important to be realistic, but why is it necessary to seek to entirely vaporise everyone's hopes?

Lets aim for measured responses, both positive and negative.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
cobey60 said:
Boondock, your pessimism is insufferable. Yes, it's important to be realistic, but why is it necessary to seek to entirely vaporise everyone's hopes?

because most of us got used to disappointments, especially of those big companies/products. Intercytex, Follica, Neosil, RU58841, ASCJ9, Virile mane and all this stuff.

Boondock

Reaction score
^

Basically this. I'm not pessimistic about hair loss, since with today's treatments I think the majority of people will end up with a good outcome. I also think we'll eventually have some sort of 'cure' for this. But to suggest it'll be here in 2013 is unlikely to say the least, and to believe it is really setting yourself up for major disappointment.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Shma said:
cobey60 said:

because most of us got used to disappointments, especially of those big companies/products. Intercytex, Follica, Neosil, RU58841, ASCJ9, Virile mane and all this stuff.

How can you be disappointed by Follica? It's been 2-3 years, they're still going strong, and just refinanced.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
sadscalp said:
Shma said:
cobey60 said:

How can you be disappointed by Follica? It's been 2-3 years, they're still going strong, and they refinanced just a few weeks ago.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Shma said:
cobey60 said:

There are a lot of people on other forums that report moderate to great success with that RU stuff (I haven't looked into it nor will I anytime soon, only if things get more desperate here)

Vanzzzz

Established Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:
^

Basically this. I'm not pessimistic about hair loss, since with today's treatments I think the majority of people will end up with a good outcome. I also think we'll eventually have some sort of 'cure' for this. But to suggest it'll be here in 2013 is unlikely to say the least, and to believe it is really setting yourself up for major disappointment.

Yea but Histogen showed really great result, and they are conducting their trials in Asia, where medication approval is expedited. Singapore is well known for its efficient bureaucracy. So unless HSC showed some unforeseen side effects, which I think are unlikely, the timeline may be quite reasonable.

Nevertheless, I share your hope for the best, plan for the worst mentality. Cheers

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if the histogen goal is to grow the hair from a totally bald scalp or is just helping to keep what we have and to add some thickness...?

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score
Shma said:

Where are the disappointments of ru58841? Not that I have searched but I haven’t came across one topic who claims its inefficiencies in any way.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
cobey60 said:

to be honest i can see where youre coming from 100% as i hate hairloss as much as any of you guys do but boondocks replies are often the ones i pay the most attention to in threads like this as hes clearly a guy whos done a lot of the homework that i and a lot of other people havent. sure it can be depressing but id rather be pleasantly surprised than invest all my hopes in something which goes down the drain when i need it most.

Boondock

Reaction score
kthxbi said:
cobey60 said:

to be honest i can see where youre coming from 100% as i hate hairloss as much as any of you guys do but boondocks replies are often the ones i pay the most attention to in threads like this as hes clearly a guy whos done a lot of the homework that i and a lot of other people havent. sure it can be depressing but id rather be pleasantly surprised than invest all my hopes in something which goes down the drain when i need it most.

Aye, that's essentially what I'm saying.

I am not saying there's no chance of HM in 3 years. I'm just saying you shouldn't stake your hopes on it, because there are ways to stop your loss now. If you stake your hopes on it and it fails, you can potentially end up in a much worse place.

Also, makes sense for anyone who has even a passing familiarity with the history of medicine. It's littered with great hopes which, for one reason or another, were a lot tougher to implement than even the experts thought.

Boondock

Reaction score
*yawn*

I'm not saying it isn't going to happen. All I'm saying is that the odds of a 'cure' being available in 3 years are extremely low. It's only possible if everything goes 100% perfectly according to plan. This never really happens in science. If it did we'd have cured cancer back in the 60s/70s during the 'war against cancer' when, yes, there were demonstrable results for a while.

I've said before that I think it'll happen eventually with hair loss. I just think most folks here are getting wildly carried away with the hype.