Hair Multiplication Update:Histogen!

rtpatter

Reaction score
Best Case is 5 years away from anything Histogen has to offer. Aderans maybe 4 years away but there are serious doubts as to the effectiveness of thier product/cloning technique. The same can be said to Histogen's growth formula effectiveness execpt they are is so new that there is nothing to prove or disprove yet just one photo. Aderans is simply trying to refine a previously failed technique.

Alejandro

Reaction score
rtpatter said:
Best Case is 5 years away from anything Histogen has to offer. Aderans maybe 4 years away but there are serious doubts as to the effectiveness of thier product/cloning technique. The same can be said to Histogen's growth formula effectiveness execpt they are is so new that there is nothing to prove or disprove yet just one photo. Aderans is simply trying to refine a previously failed technique.

And that is why???? Not good when people keep saying Histogen is ready within in a year, ari is ready in 2 years without a proof... Where u got ur information??? Last thing i heard is that histogens "treatment" will be available in asia in 2013 and Ari will come out 2014.

rtpatter

Reaction score
I'm just basing this on my opinion and by looking a previous companies who have tried and failed. I'm not sure what proof others are using when saying that this will be ready in 2 to 3 years other than the promotional line the companies themselves are providing. Once I see full headshots using the product over the course of several months then I think we can say they can regrow hair however then your are talking about at least another year to prove its safety. Then you hear a company like histogen say starting phase II in mid 2010 only to come back a few months later and say well more like early 2011 makes me think they are not as close as they would have us believe.

rtpatter

Reaction score
I'm looking at the video interivew with Gail Naughton its on bald truth.com. She said phase II in Asia summer 2010. It really makes no difference I'm sure they are wanting the cure as badly as anyone. I just think thier timelines have little merit.

timmy

Reaction score
Well, 2013 is now out of the cards (what a surprise). Their summer 2010 trials got pushed back to 2011. Already missing deadlines by a year. A couple more, and Histogen in Asia will more realistically be 2016

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sh****t!~! who said that ?
i was counting on those guys. Links please ?
something must have gone wrong.

theShade

Reaction score
Queue the estrogeny-types on this board to start crying and moaning about how they will never get any girls until 2016, or 2026 or whatever, or how this treatment will never be released in time for them.

Man it up!

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
theShade said:
Queue the estrogeny-types on this board to start crying and moaning about how they will never get any girls until 2016, or 2026 or whatever, or how this treatment will never be released in time for them.

Man it up!
ohh i thought you were a "shave it off" troll we get but i see your a NW2 that has joined
well if hairloss has bothered you enough at NW2 for you to actually join a forum you will be joining this queue the second your fringe becomes narrower than your 4 fingers and take it as a guarantee that it will happen
:smack: and this is for your regimen that was either sourced from Wikipedia or the eejits in the "new treatments and discoveries" section of this forum

Boondock

Reaction score
I'm a bit more optimistic than Dudemon, but my attitude is to assume it won't happen in the short term. 10 years is the earliest I can envisage it coming along, which is too late to save my locks in time anyway.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
My opinion is that HM (or any of the other stem cell hair regeneration technique) would have been developed a long time ago if Big Pharm was behind it.
Without knowing which this Big Pharm is, I think that your assumptions appear to be reasonable. They let the small ones to go as far as they can in this while they wait to see if something promising shows up before joining the game. The day we hear that this or another Big Pharm gets actively involved, either as independent player or buying one of the small companies, we will know that the solution is near.

lalakos

Reaction score
c'on dudes...
We all know that never everything goes as planed, especially when concerning research...
Histogen's schedule pushed back for a FEW months for a reason or two, but I can't understant why some of you guys take it necessarily as a failure.

If Histogen insists on pushing back their trials, then this might be a reason to worry about and start complainting...

The initiation of the trials is an important step ahead, so until the new scheduled date we can't talk about success or failure cause everything we say is just guesswork.
I remember the optimism developed a few months ago when histogen presented their one year results and only 3 months later we already started to predict histogen's doom again... come oooooon

Boondock

Reaction score
Not at all. Myself and others were not predicting doom, but merely saying that people needed to hold their horses before planning their future around a 2013-2015 'cure' to their problem.

There are still many medical, financial, regulatory and other hurdles that Histogen needs to succeed in dealing with. There is no guarantee of success.

There is, however, a strong incentive for them to hype up their results and to downplay the uncertainties and doubts.

Best of luck to them, and they might succeed. Just don't expect anything anytime soon.

timmy

Reaction score
They are now saying late 2013 in Asia, which means is everything goes perfectly, it will be available in Asia 2014. Odds of that is less than 5%.

If vegas set the lines, it would look something like this
Available in Asia
2013- Yes +2000/ NO -2500
2014 Yes +1500/No -2000
2015 Yes +800/No -1000
2016 Yes +200/No -250
2017 Yes -110/No -110
Never Yes +240/ No -300

Available in America
2015 Yes +5000/No -7000
2016 Yes +4500/ No -6500
2017 Yes +2500/No -3000
2018 Yes +1500/No -2000
2019 Yes +800/No -1000
2020 Yes +200.No -250
2021 Yes +150/No -180
2022 Yes -110/No -110
Never Yes +150/No -200

theShade

Reaction score
somone uk said:
theShade said:

Man it up!
ohh i thought you were a "shave it off" troll we get but i see your a NW2 that has joined
well if hairloss has bothered you enough at NW2 for you to actually join a forum you will be joining this queue the second your fringe becomes narrower than your 4 fingers and take it as a guarantee that it will happen
:smack: and this is for your regimen that was either sourced from Wikipedia or the eejits in the "new treatments and discoveries" section of this forum

Yeahyeahyeah.. that ol' arguement about only NW3s+ having the proper perspective and that once I reach that stage I will become a loser myself. Well maybe you're right, but I sure hope not - I would like to think of myself as mature enough to be able to avoid such a pathetic attitude.

As for why I joined - reason is simple; I want to stop this thing in its tracks. I don't think it's the worst thing that could happen to a guy that's for sure, but if it can be sidestepped than I am ready to invest a lot of time and research into figuring out how to do that. I mean why not?

For the record I really don't mind the NW2/NW2.5 that I have; actually I think it suits my looks more than a NW1 in most ways. But I AM afraid of getting a baldspot at the back of my head :thumbdown2:

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly I think even if this stuff does come out somewhat soon, I'm honestly very skeptical it really is gonna grow back a hugely significant amount of hair, I mean just look at the pictures, they definitely haven't made locks thick as the bristles of a hairbrush come out of an absolutely bald spot. If I could see pictures of that, I would be a very happy man and I would probably even start acting with the confidence of a man with a straight hairline before the procedure even comes out just because I would know that it is.

The way I see it though, I'm pretty doubtful histogen is gonna grow a full head of hair on an nw6 man. I think if a picture of that existed, everyone on this forum would be extremely happy. Even the people on here who wouldn't have the cash to pay for something like that, I think would get a clearer perspective on life after confronting the decision to work hard and save up to get HM, or the spend the money on other things.

Good thing is though, I honestly do think histogen is going to come up with something that at least stops hair loss and thickens it up a bit... I feel really really bummed out sometimes I can't take finasteride because I get the feeling HM still won't make finasteride obsolete at first. I think people are still gonna have to use a combination of finasteride, HM, and minoxidil to get best results, at first of course. But in the end I really do think it's going to at least stop hair loss and thicken up some near death follicles.

Aderans, I think, is going to come out just a little bit later, and I think might be a bit of a step up from the histogen procedure. Any pictures and reports from Aderans still don't show perfect results, but I like to think that in the future aderans and histogen used together may have complementary effects. I would assume something like this is going to have ~2x the effect of using finasteride over a year. Effective? yes. Perfect? no. We also have yet to see what effects repeating these procedures every 3-6 months or so would have.

Now... what I REALLY think is going to regrow a full head of hair on a full horseshoe is Trichoscience, and even this I think is only going to work on people who are young enough to still have the proper cell regeneration properties in their skin. It's a shame they haven't even started trials yet, but I am very hopeful. Out of all these companies they pretty much to me have the most professional presentation. They use different science than either aderans or histogen, and I remember a while ago when reading their science patent abstracts and stuff they really do make a case of how their process is much better than the aderans/intercytex process. I am EXTREMELY anxious to see any pictures of success that they might be able to come up with in their trials. We will have to be patient though, they're only starting Phase I trials this coming fall, and we all know how long Phase I trials have the potential to take...

Alejandro

Reaction score
We should not forget that the pictures we saw were from Phase 1, it was to test the security. ARI for example ist testing 3 different injections in Phase 2 so there will be better results than on the pictures we saw. Like so many people said before 5 years in modern science is so much time i wuldnt wonder if we will have a total different solution in 5 years.

Time will tell, and time hurts :shakehead:

teenhandmodel

Reaction score
apparently most new drugs dont even make it through clinical trials so theres a good chance that aderans, histogen, trichoscience and follica will all fail. Theres so many things that could go wrong its best to not even get your hopes up.

Im going to stop checking the internet everyday for any new snippet on info hair multiplication. I dont think its healthy to be so dependant on something that is likely ten plus years away.

When histogen released that one year update so many people on these forums (myself included) were so excited they were planning their trips to singapore. Now whats happening, the trials are delayed, they cant get funding despite having a revolutionary treatment for hair loss. A never ending cycle of hype and dissapointment. And who knows, maybe they will succeed, maybe in ten years everyone will have full heads of beautiful locks, but thinking about it day by day is gonna drive me crazy.

Im gonna come back here in a year and see what kind of progress has been made. Then. I think i will have a better understanding of how fast hair multiplication is advancing.