Hair Multiplication Update:Histogen!

johorat

Reaction score
I am from Singapore an have already email them my intention to enrol for the trial.

Here is the reply yesterday
--------
Thank you for your interest and message. We would be happy to add you to our interest list for the upcoming clinical trials of HSC. We provide this list with updates on the product, as well as plans for trial subject recruiting, as these progress. Please look for information in the December/January timeframe, when we expect to begin the subject recruiting process for the February 2011 Singapore Phase I/II trial.

If I can answer any further questions, please feel free to contact me directly at the email below.

Thank you,

Eileen Naughton Brandt

Director of Corporate Communications

Histogen, Inc.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
johorat said:
I am from Singapore an have already email them my intention to enrol for the trial.

--------
Thank you for your interest and message. We would be happy to add you to our interest list for the upcoming clinical trials of HSC. We provide this list with updates on the product, as well as plans for trial subject recruiting, as these progress. Please look for information in the December/January timeframe, when we expect to begin the subject recruiting process for the February 2011 Singapore Phase I/II trial.

If I can answer any further questions, please feel free to contact me directly at the email below.

Thank you,

Eileen Naughton Brandt

Histogen, Inc.

so phase 1 recruiting will begin in February
hmm i see march start date
anyhow i hope you keep us posted with a lot of pictures if you get onto the trial ;) :)

lalakos

Reaction score
somone uk said:
johorat said:

--------

Thank you,

Eileen Naughton Brandt

Histogen, Inc.

so phase 1 recruiting will begin in February
hmm i see march start date
anyhow i hope you keep us posted with a lot of pictures if you get onto the trial ;) :)

from histogen's reply it seems to me that
recruitment starts December and lasts till January for the February phase I/II trials..
However we finaly see that it will be a combined phase I phase II trial and that's a good sign

lalakos

Reaction score
Alejandro said:
Ehhhhhhhhhm and why is that good ??? Sorry dont get it :shock:
cause a combined phase I/II trial is a less time consuming and also everything seems to progress as planned apart from the few months delay

lalakos

Reaction score
Alejandro said:
I thought there already was a Phase I???? :dunno:

no, they were on a preclinical trial, but a massive one which can be compared to or thought as a phase I trial

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
teenhandmodel said:
apparently most new drugs dont even make it through clinical trials so theres a good chance that aderans, histogen, trichoscience and follica will all fail. Theres so many things that could go wrong its best to not even get your hopes up.

Hey you need to remember that this is a medical procedure and not a drug. A big reason most drugs don't make it past trials is because there's soooo many chemical analogs and variants of a single molecule. They do a lot of tests with moving atoms in a molecule here and there and messing with the structure to see which one works best with the least side effects. With drugs they have scientists with massive lists of different molecular atom combinations and they go through testing them day in and day out. You have to understand that there's basically just about an infinite combination of atoms one can use to create new molecules so it's no surprise most new drugs don't make it past trials. This is a procedure and not a chemical drug, and in that regard I still think there's much potential progress to be made by tweaking everything out to the max. You do have to understand that doing something like this is very tedious and time-consuming, and involves much trial and error and tweaking. The fact that pretty much more than 99% of molecules don't get approved as drugs is a good thing, because it basically shows just how many different arrangements of making atoms into molecules scientists go through. I can only imagine how difficult it is to create a "bio-reactor" that mimics embryonic conditions to the most minute detail. Just imagine an embryo in the womb, it's not even just one chemical floating around, but whole fluids that contain combinations of maybe like a million molecules, and with a whole balance of how much of the different chemicals is contained within, it's not an easy task, but the good news is that there will always be a MASSIVE room for improvement, as mimicing god/nature is not going to be an easy task.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
can clinical trial phases be combined :dunno:
from the sounds of it it just looks like a prewritten letter for the millions of people that would be emailing them about enrolling onto their trials

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
Also, I'd bet Big Pharm will strongly oppose the FDA approval of the Histogen drug; I'm sure they have a lot of pull with the FDA.
This is what im expecting, there is an obvious interest for holding drug out... id actually be very surprised if some cure will come anytime soon, its not the first time companies holding back on a cure due to financial interests.... this is a billion dollar a year industry, if you think "business" there is absolutely no need for a cure. (plus, since all of this dependent on the private market, id rather jump the wagon and come up with some bulshit cure like that laser comb instead of investing in something that will take years to the develop, after all there are many idiots out there that buy EVERYTHING)

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Ori83 said:
This is what im expecting, there is an obvious interest for holding drug out... id actually be very surprised if some cure will come anytime soon, its not the first time companies holding back on a cure due to financial interests.... this is a billion dollar a year industry, if you think "business" there is absolutely no need for a cure. (plus, since all of this dependent on the private market, id rather jump the wagon and come up with some bulshit cure like that laser comb instead of investing in something that will take years to the develop, after all there are many idiots out there that buy EVERYTHING)
Sadly true all that. Let's just hope that some Big Pharm will find more profitable phagocytizing a small one like Histogen and promoting the new hair restoration technology under their own brand name. I think this is not out of reality since there are good chances that at least the first generation of such techniques will need the assistance of today's medication.

timmy

Reaction score
Mark my words, if Big Pharma buys out Histogen, Histogen will not be available in China before FDA approval. Which means Histogen will not be available before 2020.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Ori83 said:
Why this kind of thinking still exists?
If Histogen is really effective I see a big company buying them instead of trying to destroy them.

When I hear about the "billion dollar industry" I think of shampoos that do nothing, not really treatments that work.
Most of the bald guys I know that are "fighting" hair loss are just using some pantene shampoo, they are ignorant about the good treatments.
I've just opened myself to three guys. I recommended Rogaine to all three, one didn't want to commit his whole life to it, never tried. An NW3 stopped the treatment at 3 months, and an NW6, complained to me that I made him lose 20 bucks after a week using it with no results :whistle: .
All of them rejected finasteride with various reasons: I was either an idiot for putting that stuff on my body, they wanted a "natural" treatment or just simply said that hair loss "is not a disease" so a pill is a hard treatment.

So I really doubt the market for finasteride and minoxidil is really that big. Very few men are able to be persistence with their treatments.

I'm pretty sure the three guys I mentioned would pay a big amount of money for a treatment that doesn't expect perseverance on their part. Too many guys are just too lazy to use any kind of today's treatments.

As a company I would be better selling a $10-20K treatment to a majority of guys (that we still don't know if it will be permanent) than selling a box of propecia for 60 dollars every month.
Remember that the last thing a company thinks is long-term profits, they need big growth in the shortest time possible to still attract investors.

If the cure is permanent, so what?. Anyone thinks Gillette or the eye glasses industry stopped laser hair removal or laser eye surgery from happening? After all those are billion dollar industries also.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hmm if the FDA rejects histogen for any other reason other than objective reasons then the European EMA might approve because Europe is culturally less influenced by business

Alejandro

Reaction score
Take Ari, I dont think they will be sold to a big company. They got a big player with bosley behind them, Histogen might be sold but i dont think Ari will

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Alejandro said:
Take Ari, I dont think they will be sold to a big company. They got a big player with bosley behind them, Histogen might be sold but i dont think Ari will
I prefer an histogen-based product by Pfizer than being sold anything hair loss related by Bosley

lalakos

Reaction score
I do believe that Histogen does know all that stuff and the potential bars that big pharms can place. So IMO I am convinced that Histogen has planned a clever enough strategy and will make agile moves to succeed.

Examples: The patent lawsuit against them, Singapore trials