Hair Multiplication Update:Histogen!

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am considering that in 4-5 years will be something available...I think that hair loss to be cured is easier to achieve than cancer healing...because those cells are spreading in all over the body...it is something that we can not stop right now...who knows? histogen looks to take care about this too...
we can not be pessimistic just because in past people was expecting too the HM...it is in vain to compare that period with this one...there was no trails I think...and was no picture that show that basically this think it can be achieved...

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
and by the way boondock what is that treatment that will stop this? because propecia is not working for everyone for sure...

Boondock

Reaction score
andrei_eremenko said:
and by the way boondock what is that treatment that will stop this? because propecia is not working for everyone for sure...

The treatment we have today? There is no magic bullet. However, I'd say the majority of people will have some success with either propecia, topical antiandrogens (eg RU), wigs, or hair transplants. Throw all those into the mix and most people get an OK solution.

The risk is that people think "screw it, I could start on RU but HM's going to be here in three years." They could get burned.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you have to be an idiot to rely on on something that doesn't exist...I am agree with you that some people are not aware about his at all...i'am reading posts of young people at 20-25 and they are saying so what if I am balding? I will get an hair transplant and everything will be like before:))
or I am talking with a guy who's wearing a piece and he is 24 and It's doing a great great job...trust me most of the users from here will be amazed by his style...anyway...when he has gone back to university with a full head of hair...people started to ask something like...did you dyed your hair or did you had hair transplant? What I want to say is that most of people are not aware about his process of balding...they think that you have made an hair transplant you will fix that forever and you will got your hair back that you had once at 18:)

hey did you took a look at acell company? it looks like we have something like 5 companies who's trying to cure this and heal some others disease!so I think in maximum 10 years will definitely have something on market!

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/img/u ... file24.pdf
http://www.acell.com/

Boondock

Reaction score
Aye, I was agree with your assessment that it's probably that in 10 years we'll have something that adds a significant contribution to existing treatments.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i said we would have hm "within 10 years" 2 years ago so i will stick to that conclusion by saying we'll have it within 8 years

i can't honestly see though how histogen can possibly get their product to a marketable status by 2014
however if histogen have information (such as they have ran HSC through a computer model) then i might be wrong
though pharm companies don't usually try and rush a clinical trial

however i could however see ARI making it to market by 2014 if everything turns out the way it should

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well first of all...I am not agree with the statement that ten years ago we were thinking that in 2008-2010 will have hm available...relying on what? i bet there wasn't so many companies researching with photographic results on human trials...and showing increasing density and creating new follicles...i bet these were not available...i said 10 years being pesimistic...but looking into preliminary trials of histogen i really think that in 2014 this will be available...it i just preclinical trial...

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so why are you posting here about your experience with barber shop? it is a topic about hair clonning...multiplication ...

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
maybe it is right...I've read somewhere that they are starting this year new trials because they have received some new money from investors...after showing the images of the clinical trials the investors have gave them more money...in the images of the size of a nickel the increase of density was 20%-40% ...that means something like 100 hairs...this is what I've read ...what is that nickel?

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hm...It seems they will get great results...if the density on a "nickel" area will be filled back with at least 100 new hairs...really think that histogen is doing his homework...

Bombarie

Banned
Reaction score
Histogen, Inc., a regenerative medicine company developing solutions based on the products of newborn fibroblasts, today announced the initial close of Series A financing at $5.35 million. The round was completed by private and corporate investors, including Secure Medical Inc., CellCeuticals Skin Care Inc., and Leonard H. Lavin, founder and Chairman Emeritus of the Alberto-Culver Company.

H 5a8 istogen will utilize the round to fund Phase 1 clinical trials for hair growth and complete 510k submissions for wound and hernia repair applications. The round will also enable the company to upscale manufacturing for ExceltrixTM, Histogen's human Extracellular Matrix product, and HGEN-001, Histogen's proprietary liquid formulation.

With the close of this financing, we look forward to bringing additional talent to our already seasoned team, and getting our first products to market within the next 12 months.

"We are pleased that we have exceeded our original target for the Series A round, and have added highly experienced investors to our list of shareholders," said Gail K. Naughton, Ph.D., CEO of Histogen. "With the close of this financing, we look forward to bringing additional talent to our already seasoned team, and getting our first products to market within the next 12 months."

The initial close of Series A financing will allow Histogen to maintain timelines for product introductions, including the company's first tissu 317 e engineering products, which are slated for launch in late 2008 and early 2009. From two product families, Exceltrix and HGEN-001, which are derived from a single manufacturing process, Histogen forsees a breadth of applications in a variety of markets, from research tools to cosmeceuticals.

About Histogen

Histogen, launched in 2007, seeks to redefine regenerative medicine by developing a series of high value products without the use of embryonic stem cells or animal products. Through Histogen's proprietary bioreactors that mimic the embryonic environment, newborn fibroblasts are encouraged to naturally produce the vital proteins and growth factors from which the company has developed its rich product portfolio. Histogen has two product families -- ExceltrixTM, 1c1d Histogen's human Extracellular Matrix (ECM) and HGEN-001, Histogen's proprietary liquid formula. For more information, please visit http://www.histogeninc.com.

Author Information

Eileen Naughton

Posted on Tuesday, July 13th, 2010

BitchBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
What about the HSC topical? is that in trials yet? is there any reason to think it might get here sooner than the injectable?