Hair grow Accelerators..

Bombarie

Banned
Reaction score
I have the feeling miconazole isnt working anymore! the first month my hair grow was fast but not anymore.

philosoraptor

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to update saying I have seen a noticeably large reduction in shedding and have absolutely no dandruff now. Also my hair feels healthier. I still have some itch, but it is definitely better than before.

Cybergod

Reaction score
Well i've been using Daktarin Aktiv athletes foot cream (2% miconazole nitrate)for the past week and a half, using it every 2-3 days once before bed. I'd class myself as an nw2 with a slightly thinning crown.

I've noticed a few black hairs on my hairline appeared, god knows if this is down to just miconazole or if the propecia is finally kicking in. I've been on propecia for around 11 months; although I have been rather liberal in missing doses here and there, sometimes for 2-3 days at a time. I've also used multi-vitamins for the past 3-4 months; although again i've missed doses here and there.

I've used nizoral on and off, having recently just started on it again friday last week.

First time I applied the cream I had a really bad headache the next day, this subsided with pain killers and hasn't been back since. I'm not a person that tends to get headaches so I doubt it was a coincidence.

I've only applied the cream to my crown and where my hairlines receded. I have long hair and don't find it particularly difficult to use. Are the sprouted hairs anything to do with the miconazole nitrate? I find it difficult to believe a treatment can begin working so quickly; but you won't see me arguing :D.

Bombarie

Banned
Reaction score
i really cant say after 5 weeks of use that it did something, maybe i need more time, i`m aplying in the evening and morning.

The short hairs on the hairline arent really growing:(

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
For those of you experiencing decent-good results from anti-microbials, are you familiar with Candida?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I am on Miconazole Nitrate 4% since a week and a half approximately and totally love it.. Not greasy at all..Using the vag cream that I bought over egay. Twice a day with Minoxidil. My hair is getting thicker and thicker...my scalp feel healthier.. Using the Miconazol and sulphur shampoo every day also. At night Before I go to bed I also add Mega-tek and MSM gel to my hair. 3-4 more months and my hair will look really great. :punk: I have no sheedind at all anymore.just nothing

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I am using the vag cream 4% from Walgreens. It is a 25g tube. It comes with some applicators for the vag..lol Anyways it works pretty damn good so far..

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
can we hear from someone other than squeege about this ? if i get 2 other positive results i am buying that

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
5920715 said:
Squeege,

I presume that's Monistat brand you're buying.

Which one do you get?

http://www.monistat.com/monistat-3-day

I bought 8 boxes from Ebay..Walgreens miconazole 3 3 day treatment .It is a 25g tube with applicators.. Surfed their website the other day.. Cannot find it anymore.. Comes in combination now...5 g 4% and 2% 25 gram.. or prefilled applicators. How gay is that.. This sh*t is strong..It will gives you bigger headaches lol.. I will use all the 8 boxes then go buy the 2% again I guess.. :gay:

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
i've been using the daktarin for about 5 weeks, only 1x day app.

i stopped using my castile + caffeine shampoo during this time.

my hairline has suffered a great deal and it looks like further loss is on the way. i'm not sure that i want to continue using daktarin.

i think the caffeine shampoo slowed the hairloss process but when i was using it, it didn't think it was doing anything. :dunno:

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Over the past three months, a topical miconazole nitrate/ketoconazole topical has worked great for my grandmother. She always had an amazing nw0, but recently her hair had been becoming noticeably thinner.

The first month she experienced a massive shed (especially at the hairline and some vertex) as to where her hairstylist of over two decades expressed concern. I honestly started having serious doubts myself.

Well... two months later and that same hairstylist couldn't stop raving about the growth and thickness. The effect literally took around 10-15 years off of her appearance. While I'm having definite success with miconazole nitrate vs. keto, unfortunately nothing nearly as amazing as my grandmother's.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm actually wondering if these antifungals are potentiating hairgrowth as smo antagonists and subsequent hedgehog agonists through inhibition of the hedgehog (Wnt signaling) pathways. The reduction sterol sythesis might be helping reduce any requirements requirements for Shh signal transcription. Based on a recent study and this suggested association, could itraconazole be that much more efficacious as hairloss treatments? We need to flesh this out.

Cheap antifungal drug (Itraconazole) may fight cancer: study
http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre63b ... ntifungal/

"Although it did not completely wipe out the tumors, the drug called itraconazole may boost the effects of other drugs, the researchers reported in the journal Cancer Cell.

Itraconazole is marketed under the brand name Sporanox by Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Janssen Pharmaceutica, mostly for treating a fungal infection called aspergillus.

The drug affects a so-called cascade of effects through a molecular pathway called Hedgehog, the researchers reported.

The researchers at Stanford University in California were looking for potential cancer drugs. They know that the Hedgehog pathway is involved in the development of cancer, so they looked for drugs that interfere with it."

Two cheap sources of itraconazole as Spazol/Sporanox/Itaspor...

http://www.alldaychemist.com/918-itaspor-100-mg-.html

http://www.drugstore4save.com/buy-Spazol.html

Fluconazole is also super-cheap.

I might just have to give this a shot.

kamisama

Reaction score
joseph49853 said:
Over the past three months, a topical miconazole nitrate/ketoconazole topical has worked great for my grandmother. She always had an amazing nw0, but recently her hair had been becoming noticeably thinner.

The first month she experienced a massive shed (especially at the hairline and some vertex) as to where her hairstylist of over two decades expressed concern. I honestly started having serious doubts myself.

Well... two months later and that same hairstylist couldn't stop raving about the growth and thickness. The effect literally took around 10-15 years off of her appearance. While I'm having definite success with miconazole nitrate vs. keto, unfortunately nothing nearly as amazing as my grandmother's.

so your grandma used a topical including both MN and Keto? thats good news thanks for sharing.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I know that internal anti-fungal is totally hard-core for the liver..Lamisil is just an example..Probably going to add topical keto to Mico.. I was having faster results with the addition of Clotrimazole but more side effects like ingrown hairs on my head which suck. :puke:

nix

Reaction score
joseph49853 said:
I'm actually wondering if these antifungals are potentiating hairgrowth as smo antagonists and subsequent hedgehog agonists through inhibition of the hedgehog (Wnt signaling) pathways. The reduction sterol sythesis might be helping reduce any requirements requirements for Shh signal transcription. Based on a recent study and this suggested association, could itraconazole be that much more efficacious as hairloss treatments? We need to flesh this out.

Cheap antifungal drug (Itraconazole) may fight cancer: study
http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre63b ... ntifungal/

"Although it did not completely wipe out the tumors, the drug called itraconazole may boost the effects of other drugs, the researchers reported in the journal Cancer Cell.

Itraconazole is marketed under the brand name Sporanox by Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Janssen Pharmaceutica, mostly for treating a fungal infection called aspergillus.

The drug affects a so-called cascade of effects through a molecular pathway called Hedgehog, the researchers reported.

The researchers at Stanford University in California were looking for potential cancer drugs. They know that the Hedgehog pathway is involved in the development of cancer, so they looked for drugs that interfere with it."

Two cheap sources of itraconazole as Spazol/Sporanox/Itaspor...

http://www.alldaychemist.com/918-itaspor-100-mg-.html

http://www.drugstore4save.com/buy-Spazol.html

Fluconazole is also super-cheap.

I might just have to give this a shot.

The sonic hedghoc pathway is actually required for transition of telogen to anagen and should therefore be agonized

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nix said:
The sonic hedghoc pathway is actually required for transition of telogen to anagen and should therefore be agonized

Yeah, never post very early in the morning. The mode of action is as a hedgehog antagonist. I misunderstood how smo operated. If anything this means that we can cross itraconazole and fluconazole off of the list for hairgrowth. Now the question is which of these azoles, if any, act as a hedgehog agonist.