Forum Update: Aug 19, 2019 - Upgrade Coming | Page 6 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Forum Update: Aug 19, 2019 - Upgrade Coming

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Admin, Aug 19, 2019.

1. baba_yaga

baba_yaga Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You are not properly searching the drug's side effects. Bica's mechanism of action will NOT lead to sexual sides. Some websites cites sexual sides for bica, which is not true.
    You can find studies on the wikipedia page of bica, in which sexual sides are reported non-existent.

2. Ikarus

Ikarus Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Your side effect claims are incorrect, and have been debunked time and time again. All you can do is just continue typing, and typing, nonsense. I don't understand what you are gaining from continuously responding to us, because it's not going to stop us from using these medications.

3. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Of course those sites are wrong in your mentally ill mind but you are, of course, we already know that.. As i said, your shitty mind accepts only what it wants to accept, the rest is bullshit and can't happen, we know already !

4. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Who the fuck care and who the fuck said that somebody wants you to stop taking them ? You can inject acid into your balls and nobody would care anyways.. We were talking about encouraging others in taking it, you don't even know how to read properly but yet you come to spread your shit again without anybody asking you something... It's not your forum, you don't have any separate rights aside the ones we all have so you can also go and fuck yourself...

5. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicalutamide

"Common side effects in men include breast enlargement, breast tenderness, and hot flashes.[11] Other side effects in men include feminization and sexual dysfunction.[18] While the medication appears to produce few side effects in women, its use in women is not recommended by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).[19][11] Use during pregnancy may harm the baby.[11] Bicalutamide causes elevated liver enzymes in around 1% of people.[20][21] Rarely, it has been associated with cases of liver damage,[11] lung toxicity,[6] and sensitivity to light.[22][23] Although the risk of adverse liver changes is small, monitoring of liver function is recommended during treatment.[11]"

Side effects[edit]
    Main article: Side effects of bicalutamide
    Major side effects of bicalutamide alone
    Frequency Class Side effect
    Very common
    (≥10%) Reproductive system
    and breast disordersBreast tendernessa
    Gynecomastiaa
    Common
    (≥1% and <10%) General and psychiatric
    disorders
    Asthenia
    Decreased libido
    Erectile dysfunction
    Hot flashes
    Skin and subcutaneous
    tissue disorders
    Decreased body hair
    Hepato-biliary disordersElevated liver enzymesb
    Uncommon
    (≥0.1% and <1%) Immune system disordersHypersensitivity reactions,
    including angioedema and hives
    Rare (<0.1%)
    and unknown Respiratory, thoracic, and
    mediastinal disordersInterstitial lung diseasec
    Skin and subcutaneous
    tissue disorders
    Sensitivity to light
    Hepato-biliary disordersLiver toxicityd
    side effect profile of bicalutamide is highly dependent on sex; that is, on whether the person is male or female. In men, due to androgen deprivation, a variety of side effects of varying severity may occur during bicalutamide treatment, with breast pain/tenderness and gynecomastia (breast development/enlargement) being the most common.[88][89] Gynecomastia occurs in up to 80% of men treated with bicalutamide monotherapy, though is of only mild-to-moderate severity in more than 90% of affected men.[89][90] In addition to breast changes, physical feminization and demasculinization in general, including reduced body hair growth, decreased muscle mass and strength, feminine changes in fat mass and distribution, reduced penile length, and decreased semen/ejaculate volume, may occur in men.[88][91][18][92] Other side effects that have been observed in men and that are similarly related to androgen deprivation include hot flashes, sexual dysfunction (e.g., loss of libido, erectile dysfunction), depression, fatigue, weakness, and anemia.[88][93][94] However, most men have preserved sexual function with bicalutamide monotherapy.[95][96] In females, due to the minimal biological importance of androgens in this sex,[97][98] the side effects of pure antiandrogens or NSAAs are few, and bicalutamide has been found to be very well-tolerated.[19] General side effects of bicalutamide that may occur in either sex include diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, nausea, dry skin, itching, and rash.[93][6][99][100][101][102] The drug is well-tolerated at higher dosages than the 50 mg/day dosage, with rare additional side effects.[78]

Bicalutamide monotherapy has been associated with abnormal liver function tests such as elevated liver enzymes in 3.4% of men relative to 1.9% for standard care.[21][103] Hepatic changes such as marked increases in liver enzymes or hepatitis that necessitated discontinuation of bicalutamide have occurred in approximately 0.3 to 1% of men in clinical trials.[20][27] Monitoring of liver function during treatment is recommended, particularly in the first few months.[21][88] In men of advanced age with prostate cancer, bicalutamide monotherapy has been associated with an increase in non-prostate cancer mortality, in part due to an increase in the rate of heart failure.[104][21] These mortality-related effects are thought to be a consequence of androgen deprivation, rather than a specific drug-related toxicity of bicalutamide.[105]

A total of 7 cases of hepatotoxicity or liver failure, two of which resulted in death, have been reported in association with bicalutamide.[106][107][108][106] Symptoms that may indicate liver dysfunction include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, fatigue, anorexia, "flu-like" symptoms, dark urine, and jaundice.[20] Bicalutamide has also been associated with several case reports of interstitial pneumonitis, which can potentially progress to pulmonary fibrosis.[109][110][111] Symptoms that may indicate lung dysfunction include dyspnea (difficult breathing or shortness of breath), cough, and pharyngitis (inflammation of the pharynx, resulting in sore throat).[112] Both hepatotoxicity and interstitial pneumonitis are said to be extremely rare events with bicalutamide.[107][113][114] A few cases of photosensitivity have been reported with bicalutamide.[22] Hypersensitivity reactions (drug allergy) like angioedema and hives have also uncommonly been reported in association with bicalutamide.[20] Because it is an antiandrogen, bicalutamide has a theoretical risk of birth defects like ambiguous genitalia and brain feminization in male fetuses.[83][84][115][116]

6. Ikarus

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    But not a single soul is encouraging others to take it. Even if a transgender section of the website was created, you would suddenly crawl out of the sewers and spew out nonsense.

Us: h-

BadInvertor: omfg trannies!!! mentally ill incel trannies!! natural selection will take its course and all LTBGs will die out!!!!!!

7. baba_yaga

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    When you do a proper research about bica, chances are you will shut your dirty mouth.

Itsnoahkennedy likes this.
  8. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Proper research like you did no ? Lmao

9. baba_yaga

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    "The frequent side effects of 150 mg bicalutamide are gynaecomastia and breast pain. Bicalutamide does not affect sexual function and the patient's well‐being. " link

10. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I have your hormonal thread on which "i could crawl" but you can see that i actually don't because it's full of freaks and it's not a place for normal people there, it's the epicenter of severe mental illnesses of this forum.. From chemically castrated to actually injecting acid into their balls... It will be real good if they will make a separate section for you freaks because everybody would know where they are and what's actually happening there and it will be addressed especially for people like you ! Let's hope they will actually make it !

11. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Nice study, 12 patients lmao, ok mate, keep digging shit studies that confirm your shit ideology, you told me to seek wiki, i copy pasted it from there now you give me a shit study with 12 people... Even if there is a small chance in monotherapy of a lot of many other sides, the chance is still there and a lot could happen but your to dumb to understand.. Keep digging like incels are digging for an answer to all their shitty ideologies cos there is no difference between you an them ! And for many of you it's not the case of monotherapy anyways because you are androgen deprived most of you, so i don't know why you are still pushing the monotherapy stuff when it has nothing to do with you and your treatments !

12. baba_yaga

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    More studies support this study's claim. Do your fucking research. Anyways, I'm out. Have a nice day asshole!

13. Ikarus

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Bicalutamide has a minimal risk in terms of hepatic issues. Hepatic issues are reported in older men at 150mg/day, in which they already have reduced liver function due to ageing. You are proving our points of it having an almost invisible risk of causing hepatic issues: 'Bicalutamide monotherapy has been associated with abnormal liver function tests such as elevated liver enzymes in 3.4% of men relative to 1.9% for standard care'. 1.9% of the men have abnormal liver function tests from the placebo group, which makes those who took bicalutamide experiencing abnormal liver function tests a lesser percentage. It clearly says 'the drug is well-tolerated at higher dosages than the 50 mg/day dosage, with rare additional side effects', yet you claim I can't read. Most of those side effects mentioned on Wikipedia are due to ADT; it's a generalisation of side effects, not legitimate reported side effects from bicalutamide. I have shown you the side effect profile of bicalutamide compared to a placebo group, yet you continue to push this false narrative.

14. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Lmao, the incel got triggered, of course i will do "my own research" on something i already know much more than you will ever know in your shitty incel life... Imagine thinking that if you read a couple of studies online that you actually know something about the drug, about it's interaction with the body or how the human body actually works... Imagine being that stupid and dumb lol
    Who ever listens to you incels must be more dumb than the most dumbest human on Earth, especially when you have so much information available online, so much information available offline and so many doctors that actually finished a medical school and have an idea about biology, genetics and how the human body really works.. Imagine listening to some incels that some are not even balding, not even taking the only approved medicine for hair loss and auto diagnosing themselves at home and after self medicating with anti-cancer drugs after reading some studies online, studies which they don't understand not even 10% of them, not having not even 1% knowledge on how the human body works lmao !

15. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Keep dragging out of context what you incels think is right or wrong or what fits your shitty ideologies and keep thinking that you actually know shit about this stuff when in reality you don't even understand 10% of what you are reading lmao...

#115 BadInvertor, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  16. Timothy Q

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Please stop using words like incel, mentally ill and freaks. Its really disrespectful and not helping your point it just makes you look like a troll.

Itsnoahkennedy, baba_yaga and Ikarus like this.
  17. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Because you asked nicely and because i have respect for other members of the forums who are normal i will stop using those terms even if they are only terms that describe their mentality and attitude and general conditions ! But i won't use them anymore and you can always block me if my comments offend you in any way !

18. bridgeburn

bridgeburn Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    we should just stick to what's been studied for hair then? even if it's not enough? not much has been extensively studied because medicine doesn't give a shit about men's hairloss, cause we are deemed vain for caring.
    no risk no reward.

Itsnoahkennedy, baba_yaga and Ikarus like this.
  19. bridgeburn

bridgeburn Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'm not claiming that Bica is safe but that it is safer than cyproterone and oral spironolactone. If people will take extreme measures its better to choose the lesser of two evils. you don't have to like alcohol to see prohibition won't work.

Itsnoahkennedy and baba_yaga like this.
  20. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I was not saying that and as i said a lot of times, science could benefit from guys like you for example who risked their health, youth and life in general to give us more examples of how hair loss works, how can it be reversed, etc... But it's more complex than this because the majority of people who are balding, men especially, won't risk as much as you did just to grow their hair, that's why it's important for science to take your example and make something out of it that we all could benefit without having to trade our sexual life or manhood or whatever you could lose with this treatments... And maybe without being forced to ingest pills daily that destroy the body more than we think, just to maintain that optimal growth pattern or ideal hormonal panel for hair to grow !

#120 BadInvertor, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    bridgeburn likes this.