Follica (first Time Ever Picture) - Exciting

Mightyduck

My Regimen
Reaction score
For sure. This is Brotzu 2.0. These results are not impressive given that the follica data itself rules out maintenance with needling only. Minoxidil is required for this to work. This is nothing new. It's overpriced and glorified microneedling+minoxidil protocol.
The reason why Minoxidil is required is because when you cause wounding on the scalp your creating an embryonic window, during this window your body has two options:
- first option is should we make epidermis
- second option should we make hair
The use of minoxidil is to encourage your body to choose the second option and that is to create hair. Follica are currently using Minoxidil as this is the only FDA approved topical however they have used a few other topicals with similar improvements and also after they release this devices they are looking to release their own topical which will have to go through the clinical trials as usual.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
How certain is it that minoxidil will be the vehicle?

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
Page 24? We just have 8 pages here..confused
Look at my post. The quoted shows the slide that my image was wanted from. The trichogram is relative to skin disturbance only. Not sure what other info you want. If you can, clarify

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope I have misread but the header on the table does say disruption + drug

It's confusing because they keep putting the general product description everywhere, but if you read the tables at the start of each study it tells you whether a drug was used or if it was just wounding. It also does say "following skin disruption alone" on those pictures.

A less compressed trichogram:View attachment 132634

f*** yeah

Could you tell me from when and what stage this trichogram was made?
Base information about treatment and compounds?

Lithium gluconate

How certain is it that minoxidil will be the vehicle?

Pretty likely that it will be at least one of them, but past patents and their former at-home device showed two.

It was only in the one study that they used minoxidil with the device. Previously, they'd only used it to compare wounding against minoxidil itself, and the compound they had used with the device before that was lithium gluconate gel.

HairOnFire

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A few interesting points:
  1. Wounding alone was more effective than Wounding + Lithium.
  2. The in-office procedure will take only 5 minutes!
  3. Follica's wounding method will be microneedling.
  4. Follica's topical drug will initially be Minoxidil, with a custom delivery device.
  5. The density of the needle wounds is important. In other words, when wounding a given area, you need a lot of needles placed close together. This maximizes follicle regeneration. This concept is known as 'quorum sensing'.
  6. NDA is expected to be filed in 2020.

Last edited:

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
So what if it's minoxidil + needling. They have studied this for years and hopefully know the optimal way to perform this. That is what's interesting. What we're all doing now is just trying different things, but really don't know what the hell we're doing.
If its minoxidil and rolling I'll jump off a bridge as minoxidil gives me horrible heart palpitations. Wth

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
A few interesting points:
  1. Wounding alone was more effective than Wounding + Lithium.
  2. The in-office procedure will take only 5 minutes!
  3. Follica's wounding method will be microneedling.
  4. Follica's topical drug will initially be Minoxidil, with a custom delivery device.
  5. The density of the needle wounds is important. In other words, when wounding a given area, you need a lot of needles placed close together. This maximizes follicle regeneration. This concept is known as 'quorum sensing'.
  6. NDA is expected to be filed in 2020.
How do you know it will be the evil minoxidil?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
assuming this
If its minoxidil and rolling I'll jump off a bridge as minoxidil gives me horrible heart palpitations. Wth
are you sure? minoxidil 2% gives me tachycardia for hours I just can't tolerate that sh*t

HairOnFire

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you know it will be the evil minoxidil?

Sorry, I forgot to post the reference. See alscarmuzza's post on page 4 of this thread, about 3/4 of the way down the page. He attached a PDF file that has tons of good info in it.

For the record, I can't tolerate minoxidil, either, so I am a disappointed that's the compound they are using (I thought they would be using valproic acid).

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The purpose of VPA would be to activate the Wnt pathway.

Are there any studies showing VPA helps regrow hair? I did a cursory Google Scholar search for VPA and hair loss and all that came up was that hair loss was a side effect of VPA - yikes

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
This literally is not what it says on the slide.

It says, word for word

"Topline results FROM the pivotal study and subsequent NDA filing with the FDA expected in 2020"

So no, these are not their topline results. That's what the above sentence means. This picture is quite possibly from several years ago.

However, for 85 days that is really good on the crown.

I suspect we will be seeing temporal/hairline treatment photos next year, because they did not treat anything past NW4 in the study.

If Follica can consistently offer the kind of results that you see on this guy's crown, but on the temples/hairline then I am cured and I will never have to talk to any of you people or give myself eyeball AIDS looking at hairloss forums ever again and I won't be out nearly as much as I would be on a transplant.

That makes me happy.

And like I already said, "topline" does not mean "best". I never said these were their topline results, I said they were their best results so far.

"Topline results of Phase 2 trials are typically first disclosed through press releases so that key stakeholders (patients and their advocacy groups, physicians, clinical trials practitioners, investors, etc.) can have timely access to a high level summary of the important findings. The sponsors of the trials often will save more detailed findings for future medical conference presentations and/or peer-reviewed journal publications, and as a result there may be an extended period of time where only the topline results are available on which stakeholders can rely."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5935892/

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score