Follica (first Time Ever Picture) - Exciting

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
A few interesting points:
  1. Wounding alone was more effective than Wounding + Lithium.
  2. The in-office procedure will take only 5 minutes!
  3. Follica's wounding method will be microneedling.
  4. Follica's topical drug will initially be Minoxidil, with a custom delivery device.
  5. The density of the needle wounds is important. In other words, when wounding a given area, you need a lot of needles placed close together. This maximizes follicle regeneration. This concept is known as 'quorum sensing'.
  6. NDA is expected to be filed in 2020.

Yes! Someone else who actually read everything, and understood what he read.

Also, they only wounded once. It is incredible that one five minute session was so effective, but also disappointing that they haven't tested varying frequencies.

The big questions I have are what depth do they wound, how many needles, and how fast does the device operate? Is it five minutes at fast speed? Their little graph on page 56 has FOL-004 at medium depth/density, and the Dhurat study at low depth/density. They lump density and depth together on the y-axis though, so is it actually less depth with a lot more density? They don't give the depth for FOL-004, but they give a depth of just 100-150 microns for the others. My guess is that this is going to be shallow needling with at least 12, maybe 36 needles at high speed.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If youre going to refer us to a pdf buried somewhere in 8 pages of thread, nail it up for everyone to see.

If I had to read the thread to get the information then so do you. Don't be lazy.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes! Someone else who actually read everything, and understood what he read.

Also, they only wounded once. It is incredible that one five minute session was so effective, but also disappointing that they haven't tested varying frequencies.

The big questions I have are what depth do they wound, how many needles, and how fast does the device operate? Is it five minutes at fast speed? Their little graph on page 56 has FOL-004 at medium depth/density, and the Dhurat study at low depth/density. They lump density and depth together on the y-axis though, so is it actually less depth with a lot more density? They don't give the depth for FOL-004, but they give a depth of just 100-150 microns for the others. My guess is that this is going to be shallow needling with at least 12, maybe 36 needles at high speed.
Agreed. You would think, if they were going to the depths they had previously alluded to (4.5-5mm) you would certainly need a local anesthetic to numb the area. That alone would make the procedure longer. I may be reading into it too much, but it seems to be shallow, if time of procedure is any indicator.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If I had to read the thread to get the information then so do you. Don't be lazy.

When I refer posters to a document, I am not so lazy as to neglect to nail it up for reference. That is just bone idle laziness. Always cite your comments on things youre not an expert on. Even a reference to someone with cred is better than fresh air.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I refer posters to a document, I am not so lazy as to neglect to nail it up for reference. That is just bone idle laziness.

It's in this thread that you're reading. You should have read every post in this thread before wasting people's time posting something that has already been covered. Now you want to turn it around on me because I called you out for not reading the thread.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's in this thread that you're reading. You should have read every post in this thread before wasting people's time posting something that has already been covered. Now you want to turn it around on me because I called you out for not reading the thread.

You've turned it on yourself. You referred us to a pdf which you have no idea where it is, who published it on what date or anything. How can you be sure it was a pdf and not a link to a site in Tuvalu? Amateurish to say the least.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You've turned it on yourself. You referred us to a pdf which you have no idea where it is, who published it on what date or anything. How can you be sure it was a pdf and not a link to a site in Tuvalu? Amateurish to say the least.
Says the guy who doesn't know how to read.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Says the guy who doesn't know how to read.

Says the guy who can't remember who or what he read never mind where the link to it is. If you would've at the very least dropped a name or something related to your source, we'd tend to take your word for it. They'll teach you how to source your comments when you go to college or university.

Off!

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Says the guy who can't remember who or what he read never mind where the link to it is. If you would've at the very least dropped a name or something related to your source, we'd tend to take your word for it. They'll teach you how to source your comments when you go to college or university.

Off!

lol Imagine being so arrogant you think people on a message board have a duty to source things for you. 4.0 in all of my English classes, but I'm not doing your homework for you. I know exactly where the PDF comes from, and I could upload it in this post for you if I liked you, but I don't. I really don't care what you believe. If you're too lazy to even read the thread that's your problem. I'm just letting others know you're wrong about the laser device. You can stop embarrassing yourself.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just want hair.

Same here. Based on what we've learned now about Follica, I have switched from using a roller once a week to using the derminator every two weeks starting today. I did one pass at 1.5mm on medium speed, and another pass at .25mm on fast speed just for better density. I can't tolerate 1.5mm on fast.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here. Based on what we've learned now about Follica, I have switched from using a roller once a week to using the derminator every two weeks starting today. I did one pass at 1.5mm on medium speed, and another pass at .25mm on fast speed just for better density. I can't tolerate 1.5mm on fast.

Do they say what depth they go to or can you adjust it?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do they say what depth they go to or can you adjust it?

The Derminator? You can adjust it from .25mm to 2.5mm in .25mm increments.