Follica (first Time Ever Picture) - Exciting

Notorious90

My Regimen
Reaction score
No you've misread.

That slide was the results of the study using only skin disruption. Which, at the time of publication, seems to be the study before they did the optimization.

This is actually bigger news than anyone has given it credit for, because to my knowledge, this is the only study that has followed up on microneedling alone's sustainability.

Without the compound(s), the results are lost after a few months.

So that's that.

However, what's very interesting, is that they have now abandoned the home-application of the compounds which were obviously required for sustainability. This could indicate that, during the optimization study, they found a way that continuous drug use is unnecessary.

Even if I have to keep using finasteride and stuff, I'm willing to do that. I mean, it just makes me hope Shiseido pulls through more, put still.

What's most impressive to me, is the other slides that show hair growth around reference tattoos.

View attachment 132612

This is all after just a single disruption btw. That is definitely a good increase in hair.

With multiple treatments and sustainability, this will be legit. Like, if you can get Follica'd a few times, and then hit it with RCH-01, that's all a great majority of people would need.

Good stuff.

I hope I have misread but the header on the table does say disruption + drug

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for being so thorough and finding facts.

A few of the kiddies here were saying this might just be microneedling on steroids.

Boom! Even if it was JUST that it’s a good addition to the big three. I can’t believe how pussy some of the guys are here.
It's just microneedling + minoxidil. LOL

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
No you've misread.

That slide was the results of the study using only skin disruption. Which, at the time of publication, seems to be the study before they did the optimization.

This is actually bigger news than anyone has given it credit for, because to my knowledge, this is the only study that has followed up on microneedling alone's sustainability.

Without the compound(s), the results are lost after a few months.

So that's that.

However, what's very interesting, is that they have now abandoned the home-application of the compounds which were obviously required for sustainability. This could indicate that, during the optimization study, they found a way that continuous drug use is unnecessary.

Even if I have to keep using finasteride and stuff, I'm willing to do that. I mean, it just makes me hope Shiseido pulls through more, put still.

What's most impressive to me, is the other slides that show hair growth around reference tattoos.

View attachment 132612

This is all after just a single disruption btw. That is definitely a good increase in hair.

With multiple treatments and sustainability, this will be legit. Like, if you can get Follica'd a few times, and then hit it with RCH-01, that's all a great majority of people would need.

Good stuff.
A less compressed trichogram: fol26.png

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks convincing. Anybody expecting more is delusional. Pic is for ants though.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks convincing. Anybody expecting more is delusional. Pic is for ants though.

I'm expecting more. No doubt the topline results in that pic dated 2019 got me excited. But the date stamp at the bottom of results table on page 29 says 11OCT2011. Why the diff?

Last edited:

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Deceptived images IMHO
For sure. This is Brotzu 2.0. These results are not impressive given that the follica data itself rules out maintenance with needling only. Minoxidil is required for this to work. This is nothing new. It's overpriced and glorified microneedling+minoxidil protocol.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your mum.

Seriously though you have no idea. Your ideas are zero. Your clues are zero.

The exact opposite rhetoric “it’s amazing it’s going to work” is also just fan fiction.

The real problem with you specifically is that you’re such a repetitive whinger. Those of us looking to read actual data have to read through your repeated blah blah blah blah blah...

Please goto the girls Hair transplant thread. Make friends or not over there.

wrong forum - there is a hair transplant forum

Thanks for being so thorough and finding facts.

A few of the kiddies here were saying this might just be microneedling on steroids.

Boom! Even if it was JUST that it’s a good addition to the big three. I can’t believe how pussy some of the guys are here.

Dude u add no Info's. And I for once am not interested in what you think about every single post. So please listen to what a wise man once said.
"Those of us looking to read actual data have to read through your repeated blah blah blah blah blah..."

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
For sure. This is Brotzu 2.0. These results are not impressive given that the follica data itself rules out maintenance with needling only. Minoxidil is required for this to work. This is nothing new. It's overpriced and glorified microneedling+minoxidil protocol.
REPEAT

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Or this
J Control Release. 2019 Nov 2;316:1-11. doi: 10.1016/j.jconrel.2019.11.002. [Epub ahead of print]
Transdermal finasteride delivery via powder-carrying microneedles with a diffusion enhancer to treat androgenetic alopecia

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Deceptived images IMHO
Ummmm that’s not proof that’s just you trying to explain the angles and disproof something.

You MIGHT be right but equally you might not be.

AND the after shots still show a thicker head of hair despite the angle.

One could argue they choose they angle to better show the growth. But that’s just me speculating like you :)

Last edited:

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude u add no Info's. And I for once am not interested in what you think about every single post. So please listen to what a wise man once said.
"Those of us looking to read actual data have to read through your repeated blah blah blah blah blah..."
Data. The guy complains about EVERYTHING.

Data. Follica are doing needling but not like how people do it at home. That is great news if a more reliable needling solution hits the market.

I’m buying.