Follica (first Time Ever Picture) - Exciting

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont think its minoxidil any more. Please dicuss!

Attachments

• 3__SlideANRTTY12.jpg
    3__SlideANRTTY12.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 7,507

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its a treatment, but not groundbreaking treatment as we hoped for.

Also says the topline results on the picture? So we have of course worse results, would be interesting to see if some got more hairloss or what happened to the others.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Its a treatment, but not groundbreaking treatment as we hoped for.

Also says the topline results on the picture? So we have of course worse results, would be interesting to see if some got more hairloss or what happened to the others.

That picture isnt the top line result. The slide says we can expect the top line result in 2020. I really only have temporal recession, so I was really hoping to see some results with temples. Alas, I am still going to get this when it is released asap. Finasteride as held me at a really good place, cant wait to just get a bit of density!

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That picture isnt the top line result. The slide says we can expect the top line result in 2020. I really only have temporal recession, so I was really hoping to see some results with temples. Alas, I am still going to get this when it is released asap. Finasteride as held me at a really good place, cant wait to just get a bit of density!

I still need to see what kind of frequency and amount of money that they want. If its once each quarter or twice a year, i'm half way there. But if its a €1.000 treatment or more, then its going to be a fishy one, and if they still require you to do treatment at home.

I'm not a fan of the once/twice a day solution in your hair. It gets all over, beds, clothes, hats and so on.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you're confused about the meaning of topline results. It's just a summary of their results. This is the best picture they have so far or they would not have chosen it.

I'm not complaining, this is really good progress for three months.Only fools expected Follica to be superior to the Dhurat protocol. This really just proves what I've been saying all along, that there's no point waiting for Follica, just get yourself a dermaroller and minoxidil right now because it's basically the same thing.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
I think theyve decided to not go through with the at home treatments. So hopefully its once or twice a month at the most and no need to keep doing it after you get the regrowth but who knows. We'll find out more soon enough. Im just glad its no longer 5 years away.

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once again a treatment that doesn't have any evidence of treating temporal recession. When i see pics of a treatment with new hair growth on the temples then i will start to believe,until then another brotzu.

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So it's confirmed to launch with just minoxidil then. Haven't a lot of people over the past 30 years achieved more regrowth than this with minoxidil alone and no skin disruption? There's no way to know if this guy would've had the exact same regrowth had he only just used minoxidil, and the odds that he would have aren't low.

Not to mention "in-office aesthetic procedure" means it's guaranteed to be pricey and not covered by insurance unless you get lucky and your doctor codes it as being included in part of the visit. Though they code stuff as simple as mole removals as either aesthetic or medical, so this for sure won't be coded as medical. How much per session? Has to be at least $100 depending on the doctor if it's not somehow covered. How many sessions? Dhurat was once a week and had mediocre results. I really doubt they'll expect you to go in for sessions weekly, so who's to say how effective it is. Do you just keep going every month for 5 years and for a total of $6000? Does it come with the caveat that you have to keep using minoxidil between sessions? There are still too many questions and not enough valid answers.

The fact that they're still too scared to say minoxidil and keep using 'on-market drugs' to hide how non-innovative their treatment is is bad enough.

Follica/RAIN is going to be DOA.

You'll be lucky if you even get to try it. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a dermatologist near you 5 years to even get the device. Your doctor will also relegate the procedure to some intern technician like they always do,who won't even know how to use it properly or clean it properly. It's going to be a joke.

Last edited:

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I remember in your patent they announced valproic acid.

METHODS TO PROMOTE HAIR GROWTH USING VALPROIC ACID

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I remember in your patent they announced valproic acid.

METHODS TO PROMOTE HAIR GROWTH USING VALPROIC ACID

The purpose of VPA would be to activate the Wnt pathway.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So it's confirmed to launch with just minoxidil then. Haven't a lot of people over the past 30 years achieved more regrowth than this with minoxidil alone and no skin disruption? There's no way to know if this guy would've had the exact same regrowth had he only just used minoxidil, and the odds that he would have aren't low.

Not to mention "in-office aesthetic procedure" means it's guaranteed to be pricey and not covered by insurance unless you get lucky and your doctor codes it as being included in part of the visit. Though they code stuff as simple as mole removals as either aesthetic or medical, so this for sure won't be coded as medical. How much per session? Has to be at least $100 depending on the doctor if it's not somehow covered. How many sessions? Dhurat was once a week and had mediocre results. I really doubt they'll expect you to go in for sessions weekly, so who's to say how effective it is. Do you just keep going every month for 5 years and for a total of $6000? Does it come with the caveat that you have to keep using minoxidil between sessions? There are still too many questions and not enough valid answers.

The fact that they're still too scared to say minoxidil and keep using 'on-market drugs' to hide how non-innovative their treatment is is bad enough.

Follica/RAIN is going to be DOA.

You'll be lucky if you even get to try it. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a dermatologist near you 5 years to even get the device. Your doctor will also relegate the procedure to some intern technician like they always do,who won't even know how to use it properly or clean it properly. It's going to be a joke.

Depends on CONSISTENT outcomes. I would gladly take this hair gain if it was actually going to work. Yes some guys have got the same regrowth on minoxidil yes, but that is extremely rare, most guys get nothing.

HairOnFire

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still need to see what kind of frequency and amount of money that they want. If its once each quarter or twice a year, i'm half way there. But if its a €1.000 treatment or more, then its going to be a fishy one, and if they still require you to do treatment at home.

In my opinion, they will follow the same paradigm that's been established with other facial rejuvenation procedures (mostly laser treatments and the like). In other words, they will try to sell package treatments. For example, they will offer you one treatment for $750, two treatments for $1200, three treatments for $1700, and so on. This sort of pricing schedule is pretty standard nowadays for non-invasive cosmetic procedures.