Follica (first Time Ever Picture) - Exciting

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kind of skeptical whether RAIN can produce results that can not be obtained by just applying minoxidil and dermarolling, but like somebody else already said, would they go through all this trouble and waste so much money for FDA approval if they sat on absolutely nothing? I don't think so tbh.

Then again, minoxidil is approved as well and doesn't do too much for most people as well. We will have to wait and see. If this delivers what it seems to be promising, some 20-30 hairs per cm2, I would be very content with that.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So the compressed pdf just confirms its microneedling and minoxidil. It def seems like it is a little old the pdf bc it talks about the at home app but it clearly shows that their topical delivery device will be minoxidil. Regardless i think theres def regrowth like the dhurat study showed us way back when. Is this a cure? No far from. But clearly if ya not needling then ya missing out on potential neogenesis.
Yep. Follica is just glorified microneedling lol. Clinics have been offering microneedling at a premium price for years. What's the difference here?

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys read page 29 of this attachment. Total terminal hair count increased in 3 months but was not maintained at 6 months! Is that game over?
So the compressed pdf just confirms its microneedling and minoxidil. It def seems like it is a little old the pdf bc it talks about the at home app but it clearly shows that their topical delivery device will be minoxidil. Regardless i think theres def regrowth like the dhurat study showed us way back when. Is this a cure? No far from. But clearly if ya not needling then ya missing out on potential neogenesis.
On page 22 there's a mention of a WNT pathway activator.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep. Follica is just glorified microneedling lol. Clinics have been offering microneedling at a premium price for years. What's the difference here?
Your mum.

Seriously though you have no idea. Your ideas are zero. Your clues are zero.

The exact opposite rhetoric “it’s amazing it’s going to work” is also just fan fiction.

The real problem with you specifically is that you’re such a repetitive whinger. Those of us looking to read actual data have to read through your repeated blah blah blah blah blah...

Please goto the girls Hair transplant thread. Make friends or not over there.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On page 22 there's a mention of a WNT pathway activator.
Yes, u got the point imho.
My two cents on valproic acid here,it inhibits glycogen synthase kinase 3β and activates the Wnt/β-catenin pathway so it generates an anagen induction.

Inhibition of kinase 3β results in fibroblast activation and increased release of collagen.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24533507

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21873331
I think this is follica (with dermarolling and minoxidil )

Oppenheimer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This plus Samumed's upcoming product (which also activates the WNT pathway) will basically cure me of this hideous disease.

Future looks bright lads. Stop being so damn negative all the time. Go out, have some fun, talk to women, f*** their pussies and it will be 2021 before you know it.

max310

Established Member
Reaction score
Just an appointment at a cosmetic clinic will cost $100+ in service fees. There is no way this treatment doesn't cost 300+ per session. Even if once month, it's still better to save up for a transplant in Turkey or India. It's not like follica is innovative in the first place. It's just dermarolling+minoxidil or some other chemical that can easily be bought. It's easily replicated at home.

Care to share the best clinic in India?. Thank you

Also for anyone who knows such clinic as I have been searching for long. Thanks

Alexandre Dufresne

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice little find with lots of good info. My only concern is that the timeline on the bottom of some pages is outdated (it points to a 2018 release). So clearly this paper is outdated and Follica has done other optimization studies since 2018 (hence why they took so long to make it to pivotal).

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lots of info, attached. Don't know if everyone has seen this yet.
So many new informations here. Everyone should read it.
Probably not super up to date but still.

Also interesting that they seem to be seeking European approval too at the same time.

Dimmer97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a heads up that applied biology is making a minoxidil enhancing shampoo that increases sulfotransferase enzymes the thing that activates minoxidil to its active form. So those who maybe dont respond to minoxidil that well it could help.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Care to share the best clinic in India?. Thank you

Also for anyone who knows such clinic as I have been searching for long. Thanks

Check out Eugenix results on the hair restoration network. Its a top clinic in India where bollywood celebrities get their transplants.There are top clinics in India and Turkey that operate at a fraction of North American clinic costs. Those clinics have so much more experience and expertise due to the sheer amount of clients they get. In countries like Turkey and India, hair transplants aren't a taboo or a source of shame. It's a very common procedure that has been perfected there. North American clinics, except a few notable ones, are full of inexperienced doctors and a bunch of add on fees and high costs.

North american transplant doctors will demonise turkey and india because they dont wanna lose clients. You don't have to go to a $2,000 clinic. But if you go to a $4,000 clinic you will get top notch results. It's about doing your research.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys read page 29 of this attachment. Total terminal hair count increased in 3 months but was not maintained at 6 months! Is that game over?

No you've misread.

That slide was the results of the study using only skin disruption. Which, at the time of publication, seems to be the study before they did the optimization.

This is actually bigger news than anyone has given it credit for, because to my knowledge, this is the only study that has followed up on microneedling alone's sustainability.

Without the compound(s), the results are lost after a few months.

So that's that.

However, what's very interesting, is that they have now abandoned the home-application of the compounds which were obviously required for sustainability. This could indicate that, during the optimization study, they found a way that continuous drug use is unnecessary.

Even if I have to keep using finasteride and stuff, I'm willing to do that. I mean, it just makes me hope Shiseido pulls through more, put still.

What's most impressive to me, is the other slides that show hair growth around reference tattoos.

CBfxnFm.png

This is all after just a single disruption btw. That is definitely a good increase in hair.

With multiple treatments and sustainability, this will be legit. Like, if you can get Follica'd a few times, and then hit it with RCH-01, that's all a great majority of people would need.

Good stuff.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Check out Eugenix results on the hair restoration network. Its a top clinic in India where bollywood celebrities get their transplants.There are top clinics in India and Turkey that operate at a fraction of North American clinic costs. Those clinics have so much more experience and expertise due to the sheer amount of clients they get. In countries like Turkey and India, hair transplants aren't a taboo or a source of shame. It's a very common procedure that has been perfected there. North American clinics, except a few notable ones, are full of inexperienced doctors and a bunch of add on fees and high costs.

North american transplant doctors will demonise turkey and india because they dont wanna lose clients. You don't have to go to a $2,000 clinic. But if you go to a $4,000 clinic you will get top notch results. It's about doing your research.

wrong forum - there is a hair transplant forum

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
No you've misread.

That slide was the results of the study using only skin disruption. Which, at the time of publication, seems to be the study before they did the optimization.

This is actually bigger news than anyone has given it credit for, because to my knowledge, this is the only study that has followed up on microneedling alone's sustainability.

So that's that.

However, what's very interesting, is that they have now abandoned the home-application of the compounds which were obviously required for sustainability. This could indicate that, during the optimization study, they found a way that continuous drug use is unnecessary.

Even if I have to keep using finasteride and stuff, I'm willing to do that. I mean, it just makes me hope Shiseido pulls through more, put still.

What's most impressive to me, is the other slides that show hair growth around reference tattoos.

View attachment 132612

This is all after just a single disruption btw. That is definitely a good increase in hair.

With multiple treatments and sustainability, this will be legit. Like, if you can get Follica'd a few times, and then hit it with RCH-01, that's all a great majority of people would need.

Good stuff.

Thanks for being so thorough and finding facts.

A few of the kiddies here were saying this might just be microneedling on steroids.

Boom! Even if it was JUST that it’s a good addition to the big three. I can’t believe how pussy some of the guys are here.

Rho Gain

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No you've misread.

So that's that.

View attachment 132612

Good stuff.

It's really happening. 15 years and it's really happening.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
No you've misread.

So that's that.

View attachment 132612

Good stuff.
So are they saying this is after single skin disruption plus compound, or single skin disruption alone?

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine discussing about a photo lol. What the f*** on earth does that photo matter, its the clinical data that matters.
My god, claiming that this section is about research and science is a grave error.