Follica (first Time Ever Picture) - Exciting

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did say that I think there is some regrowth. But anyone with actual hair loss knows how powerful combovers can be for covering up the scalp. I'm posting this so people can see how much of the perceived difference is from combover hairs to demonstrate that the only acceptable form of comparable data are phototrichograms. This photo is proof that head shots can't be used as reliable evidence. You can nitpick the edit if you want, but it's futile to think there isn't a significant amount of combover hairs covering the scalp. Most of those green arrow hairs are at least 2inches long. Healthy hair doesn't grow 2 inches in 85 days, so those can't be new hairs.

Follica hinges on the results of their next dataset.

upload_2019-11-21_18-19-33.png

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did say that I think there is some regrowth. But anyone with actual hair loss knows how powerful combovers can be for covering up the scalp. I'm posting this so people can see how much of the perceived difference is from combover hairs to demonstrate that the only acceptable form of comparable data are phototrichograms. This photo is proof that head shots can't be used as reliable evidence. You can nitpick the edit if you want, but it's futile to think there isn't a significant amount of combover hairs covering the scalp. Most of those green arrow hairs are at least 2inches long. Healthy hair doesn't grow 2 inches in 85 days, so those can't be new hairs.

View attachment 132562
Follica should be embarrassed for pulling this awful stunt.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 132562

Agree with the combover thing but you are forgetting the thickening of existing hair, which can explain those "new" long ones you are talking about.

And we always knew the first iteration of Follica was most targeted to the lower NWs.

Last edited:

Janko

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 132562
a44cc601252685d16f56fadbb89dcbdd.jpg

Rho Gain

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whatever - I have more hair than the guy post treatment, so for me this is going to get me back to looking like a NW1. If you're a high Norwood, yeah, it's not going to move the needle as much as you'd want it to, but for those of us who aren't >NW3's, this is the best protocol to hit the market since finasteride (which is to say, the only new protocol to hit the market since finasteride). So hyped for 2021-2. Follica, take my money.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So it's confirmed to launch with just minoxidil then. Haven't a lot of people over the past 30 years achieved more regrowth than this with minoxidil alone and no skin disruption? There's no way to know if this guy would've had the exact same regrowth had he only just used minoxidil, and the odds that he would have aren't low.

Not to mention "in-office aesthetic procedure" means it's guaranteed to be pricey and not covered by insurance unless you get lucky and your doctor codes it as being included in part of the visit. Though they code stuff as simple as mole removals as either aesthetic or medical, so this for sure won't be coded as medical. How much per session? Has to be at least $100 depending on the doctor if it's not somehow covered. How many sessions? Dhurat was once a week and had mediocre results. I really doubt they'll expect you to go in for sessions weekly, so who's to say how effective it is. Do you just keep going every month for 5 years and for a total of $6000? Does it come with the caveat that you have to keep using minoxidil between sessions? There are still too many questions and not enough valid answers.

The fact that they're still too scared to say minoxidil and keep using 'on-market drugs' to hide how non-innovative their treatment is is bad enough.

Follica/RAIN is going to be DOA.

You'll be lucky if you even get to try it. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a dermatologist near you 5 years to even get the device. Your doctor will also relegate the procedure to some intern technician like they always do,who won't even know how to use it properly or clean it properly. It's going to be a joke.
100% correct description. Honestly, I woukd be surprised if ANY doctor would even pursue getting the device. Just simply not worth the time.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you look at the thread I started about dermarolling a while ago, the guy who the thread is about (forgot what his username is) said it took him months to see results. He shed for the first few months. The fact that there is actually regrowth, albeit very slight, is encouraging. The photo clearly shows some baby hairs covering parts of the bald spot. Not overly impressive but still a good sign. Wounding takes time to show results, as does everything else. 3 months is nothing.

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll concede that the people that have been slowly receding from NW0 to NW1 but are still for some reason desperately posting thousands of messages in this forum for over 4 years can potentially get excited about spending many hundreds or some thousands of dollars on this.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I just want normal hair density (no scalp in sight under moderate lighting conditions) . I suppose that should be achievable with Follica ?

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I just want normal hair density (no scalp in sight under moderate lighting conditions) . I suppose that should be achievable with Follica ?

Widely depends. In theory anyone with loss no greater than Norwood 4 could achieve an NW2, may still need a hair transplant, but follica could reduce the number of grafts needed.

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, topicals and needling is trash, it's not gonna work. We need injections or pills.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll concede that the people that have been slowly receding from NW0 to NW1 but are still for some reason desperately posting thousands of messages in this forum for over 4 years can potentially get excited about spending many hundreds or some thousands of dollars on this.
You can tell who here has actual hairloss and who doesn't. People with actual hairloss, especially in the crown, can tell straight away how hair density appears with different angles, lighting, and hairstyles. We have taken too many pictures of our crown in all angles and lightings. We have attempted that combover over the crown. We know what's happening in that picture. The NW0 and NW1 won't know that.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Once again a treatment that doesn't have any evidence of treating temporal recession. When i see pics of a treatment with new hair growth on the temples then i will start to believe,until then another brotzu.
C'mon man you can clearly see this is not another brotzu. Not a miracle but it definitely shows it helps. Brotzu showed nothing from day 1.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys read page 29 of this attachment. Total terminal hair count increased in 3 months but was not maintained at 6 months! Is that game over?

Probably means you have to do it every 3 months or so.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191122-202506.png
    Screenshot_20191122-202506.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 403
  • Screenshot_20191122-202306.png
    Screenshot_20191122-202306.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 391