Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1647390783746.png

he added min 6 months before posting this, which is when peak min results will come thru i added ru to my regimen and also was looking for hopeful posts on reddit but i dont think this guy's regrowth is a 100% ru

Staticwavves

My Regimen
Reaction score
Currently taking .5mg dutasteride and 10mg oral minoxidil daily. Trying to decide what to add to my regimen with going the hormonal route. It seems like Bica would be my next addition to minimize the chances of sides. However I have very high T levels in the 1200+ as well as a pituitary tumor prolactinoma and taking cabergoline for that. It seems like playing with E has too many unintended consequences however my super high T levels are beating up my face. Any advice is greatly appreciated as I’ve maintained and held ground at a Norwood 1 to 2 but looking to achieve max results and get back to Norwood 0.

Attachments

• 103F02D9-C091-48F4-8F32-B38C4EC58CDB.jpeg
    103F02D9-C091-48F4-8F32-B38C4EC58CDB.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 173
  • AD879B5D-124B-4889-A4DF-31A5C263238D.jpeg
    AD879B5D-124B-4889-A4DF-31A5C263238D.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Currently taking .5mg dutasteride and 10mg oral minoxidil daily. Trying to decide what to add to my regimen with going the hormonal route. It seems like Bica would be my next addition to minimize the chances of sides. However I have very high T levels in the 1200+ as well as a pituitary tumor prolactinoma and taking cabergoline for that. It seems like playing with E has too many unintended consequences however my super high T levels are beating up my face. Any advice is greatly appreciated as I’ve maintained and held ground at a Norwood 1 to 2 but looking to achieve max results and get back to Norwood 0.
Well, if you want a NW0 you have to accept that you will have to be on a full trans regimen.

How long have you been on your current regimen?

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
A little over a year, added the oral minoxidil about 6 months ago.
Before jumping into HRT, you can try to get more improvement by:
- going up to 2.5mg of dutasteride since it reduces SCALP DHT significantly more (by about 30%)
- adding a topical antiandrogen like RU58841 and/or topical bica
- keto shampoo
- microneedling

Staticwavves

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before jumping into HRT, you can try to get more improvement by:
- going up to 2.5mg of dutasteride since it reduces SCALP DHT significantly more (by about 30%)
- adding a topical antiandrogen like RU58841 and/or topical bica
- keto shampoo
- microneedling
I asked my Derm about going up to 2.5 dutasteride and he basically gave me the finger. Sounds like I’ll just need to source the additional mg elsewhere. I should have clarified I’ve been using keto shampoo for about 2 years.

I purchased a dr pen microneedler but just haven’t started on that journey yet. Would it produce similar results since I’m taking oral minoxidil as opposed to topical?

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
I asked my Derm about going up to 2.5 dutasteride and he basically gave me the finger. Sounds like I’ll just need to source the additional mg elsewhere. I should have clarified I’ve been using keto shampoo for about 2 years.

I purchased a dr pen microneedler but just haven’t started on that journey yet. Would it produce similar results since I’m taking oral minoxidil as opposed to topical?
Would you say you have maintained since being on dutasteride? Or have you been losing more ground? Have you ever been on finasteride?

I would do some needling just to help with the potential growth factors it can induce, as well as breaking up calcified areas.

Staticwavves

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you say you have maintained since being on dutasteride? Or have you been losing more ground? Have you ever been on finasteride?

I would do some needling just to help with the potential growth factors it can induce, as well as breaking up calcified areas.
I think I’ve maintained/gained back some ground. Not the results I’d like to see, but you can definitely see baby hairs sprouting out all over my scalp on top but very baby thin hairs on temples and that’s my main area of focus along with forelock area. I was on finasteride prior to dutasteride for about 9 months with no noticeable difference.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I’ve maintained/gained back some ground. Not the results I’d like to see, but you can definitely see baby hairs sprouting out all over my scalp on top but very baby thin hairs on temples and that’s my main area of focus along with forelock area. I was on finasteride prior to dutasteride for about 9 months with no noticeable difference.
Sounds like you are a decent responder to dutasteride so I would follow that list of recommendations

Revono

My Regimen
Reaction score
I put dutasteride intramuscularly once a week .. Bioavailability increases and all that, without the first pass through the liver. True, I sometimes put it together with nandrolone in one syringe, but that's another story))

dar3k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After 2 weeks of E2 withdrawal my nipples are no more painful. They are noticable less puffy too.

Im now on 1mg Dutasteride + 5mg CPA + 50mg Bicalutamide + 10mg oral Minoxidil + 5% Topical Minoxidil.

Unfortunately I still don't see any results :(. My hairs are still falling out in the same rate.

cetm-419

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and shedding isn't a principal symptom of Androgenetic Alopecia... it can sometimes appear only at the beginning.

cetm-419

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that doesn't mean you have Androgenetic Alopecia, although you can have both Androgenetic Alopecia and telogen effluvium. You should consider seeing a dermatologist to check if that shedding is normal, and if not, what's the cause. Telogen effluvium has many MANY causes, and it can worsen Hair thinning. (the decrease in diameter of the individual hair shaft occurs after each hair cycle; so if you are shedding hairs at a faster rate, and also have hormones attacking the dermal papilla (hair follicle), It will thin out faster.

Fvgwnx

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which is more effective spironolactone or CPA? I have been taking CPA and E for 4.5 months already and the result of regrowth is not visible. can switch to spironolactone.

ReturnOfExtreme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair is getting thin. It’s the same as last time, but there’s no improvement. But, then I checked my weight! I have lost 7kg in two months due to not eating properly. Do I have telogen effluvium? I dont have the DHT itch, my skin isn’t getting oily, my scalp tension is very low. I am hoping that it’s nothing too bad.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a constant shedding since 1.5 year (200-300 hairs per day)
Jesus Christ. No wonder nothing works for you as you definately have an underlying problem. Before dutasteride and oral minoxidill I lost tops 50 hairs in shower. Now after I lose under 10. You got a serious problem and its not androgenetic at all or your regimen would have worked by now.

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My guess is that I should be low on both hormones by now. I think I will pass the analysis for the levels in mid-April. I hope my T has time to return to normal in a month
The last injection with a minimum E level of about 300pg/ml (two weeks later, on March 12) was made on February 26th. By this point, my E should have dropped to a low level. It is difficult to say how long it takes for the body to switch to T.