Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

ReturnOfExtreme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair has been looking so thin. It's thin all over! At this point, I'm suspecting it's telogen effluvium. There is no way that there's androgenic activity when I'm on such a hardcore regimen, and I also started patches 2 months ago which means my androgenic activity should be lower. However, what are people's opinion on norethisterone acetate? My patches have that. Could that be causing a shed?

ReturnOfExtreme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, f*** me. "However, if you are taking norethisterone as part of hormone replacement therapy treatment hair loss may be a side effect. Women taking hormone replacement therapy (HRT) find that their hair thins during treatment. This is when the medication is taken for long periods of time and for completely different reasons for delaying periods."

How quickly I ripped that patch off. I am never using those again. I used them around 4 times so far, hopefully I didn't do irreversible damage.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IMO try finding a pure E2 patch rather than experimenting with synthetic progesterones. However, it may just be your imagination as ppl like us on extreme regimens also tend to be extremely focused on any imagined hairloss...

ReturnOfExtreme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IMO try finding a pure E2 patch rather than experimenting with synthetic progesterones. However, it may just be your imagination as ppl like us on extreme regimens also tend to be extremely focused on any imagined hairloss...

This isn't my imagination, my hair is thin on top and I have the DHT itch ever since using the patches. Now my hair is 50% gone within a few weeks.

Fvgwnx

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This isn't my imagination, my hair is thin on top and I have the DHT itch ever since using the patches. Now my hair is 50% gone within a few weeks.
don't use something that makes it worse. My hair has recently begun to fall out more, I smeared my head with mines all the time 2 times a week, I quit local mines and the loss stopped. I think it was because of the local min.

ReturnOfExtreme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
don't use something that makes it worse. My hair has recently begun to fall out more, I smeared my head with mines all the time 2 times a week, I quit local mines and the loss stopped. I think it was because of the local min.
Yeah, it sucks a lot. I have been panicking all morning. I finally got myself to a perfect place with my hair and now it's going to sh*t!

dani500

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have DHT itch while experiencing hairloss consider yourself blessed. Thats for me realiable indicator for hairloss and you can literally sense you hairloss and know when you are on effective regimen once its resolved. Downside is when you cant get rid of it ofcourse, you go insane lol.

I don’t have old photos, but I can say that before HRT I looked the same, only my skin was wrinkled and in a terrible state
Looking at the quality of hair I would not even suggest minoxidil anymore, there is literally nothing to recover quality wise. Only for hairline if you feel need to.
While I cant say how you looked before you have nearly same facial changes I had on HRT. Its hard to put into words since everything is little different and you resemble female-ish face on male frame/bone structure. I would label you atleast as non binary if I saw you in public. Just my view.

Last edited:

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair has been looking so thin. It's thin all over! At this point, I'm suspecting it's telogen effluvium. There is no way that there's androgenic activity when I'm on such a hardcore regimen, and I also started patches 2 months ago which means my androgenic activity should be lower. However, what are people's opinion on norethisterone acetate? My patches have that. Could that be causing a shed?
Norethisterone/norethindrone acetate will act as androgen as far as hair follicles are concerned. It is classified as a progestin with a "medium" androgenic activity.​
androgen activity.jpeg

ReturnOfExtreme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norethisterone/norethindrone acetate will act as androgen as far as hair follicles are concerned. It is classified as a progestin with a "medium" androgenic activity.​
Yeah, it's a big regret. Luckily, I only used the patches 3 times and it was within 14 days. I pray that I didn't cause irreversible damage and am making sure to take my hormones at the correct time and taking all of my other medications daily.

ReturnOfExtreme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Give him a 4-6months more and its done. @keepcoolmybabies had femboyish look first year and thereafter had female face (without FFS). Atleast she said it was like that in one post.
Change really creeps up on you I can tell you that.
Yeah, after a certain about of time, you go from a femboy look to a fully female look. It happened to me, I went from femboy to looking a lot more feminine after some time. First year was more femboy looking, 2nd year was the year I started to look more female especially after doubling my estrogen dosage

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now is the time
I don’t have old photos, but I can say that before HRT I looked the same, only my skin was wrinkled and in a terrible state
Tbh, you look super andro. Like I wouldn't know if you're a femboy or slightly masc lesbian from those pics if I didn't know prior and would likely wait to seeing how you present/voice etc before knowing how to gender you. If you had long hair tho I def think you'd tip the scale to fem.

dani500

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tbh, you look super andro. Like I wouldn't know if you're a femboy or slightly masc lesbian from those pics if I didn't know prior and would likely wait to seeing how you present/voice etc before knowing how to gender you. If you had long hair tho I def think you'd tip the scale to fem.
Glad you said that instead of me, since I would come out as rude probably. But when I had my outburst months ago atleast I was right.
Post your face then if HRT side effects are “overestimated”. f*****g lol.
I was starting to doubt HRT face changes thinking it was all in my head being paranoid. But when you compare with old pics side by side its clear as day that change is not really subtle, since you look at your self on daily basis and you get “boiling frog” effect without old/pre-HRT pics on hand.

Fortunately no such changes on bicalutamide solo for me.

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
¿what about density? as I understand that was one of your main issues..
The density is fine, the problem is the thickness of the hair. They are thin and do not give volume. I don't see any improvement in hair thickness, nor did Ikarus, who also couldn't restore the hairline to perfection.

cetm-419

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The density is fine, the problem is the thickness of the hair. They are thin and do not give volume. I don't see any improvement in hair thickness, nor did Ikarus, who also couldn't restore the hairline to perfection.
is the hair thin all over your head? or just at the frontal / hairline area?