Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, KCMB has le ne plus ultra of XY adult hair and it's length is magnificent and she no longer looks dorky at all. My personal situation continues to resemble @bridgeburn more than KCMB but I mean, how greedy could I be anyway? All of my dreams are coming true of my entire life and at 57.

Howdy Partner

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral takes care of the convenience factor, but yeah, then there's the potential heart issues, as well as body hair if you are concerned with that. Plus oral is much better for scalp health (particularly compared to liquid PG crap)

Howdy Partner

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, I drank more minoxidil than anyone for 11 months and it did two things. It increased the growth rate of my body hair and it increased the amount of beard hair significantly. I have had several sessions of both electrolysis and laser removal so cast my vote for using female Rx amounts now, meaning no more than a drop a day. Lasts forever and I rub some on my brows and lashes.
Are you still getting facial/body hair removed?

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral takes care of the convenience factor, but yeah, then there's the potential heart issues, as well as body hair if you are concerned with that. Plus oral is much better for scalp health (particularly compared to liquid PG crap)
I think under 1.5mg daily of oral min is likely to strike the best balance who most everyone who is chemically female, like Will is.

Howdy Partner

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think under 1.5mg daily of oral min is likely to strike the best balance who most everyone who is chemically female, like Will is.
Maybe, but only if your height and weight are similar. Otherwise it should be slightly higher. But yeah in general even low dose oral >>> topical.

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I only tolerated PG solutions. When I first bought Minoxidil ten years ago in gel form, I barely could breath, got really tight, hurting chest, heart pumping and almost passed out. Didn't dare to touch it again for until this year. I don't want to know what would happen if I took it orally. RIP

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Eh. I just don't like, whatever people who try not to pass but to each their own. Will makes no drills and provides no thrills. I am descriptive only. Blessings of Hecate and Ashterof. Except for spironolactone, truly nothing in HRT or even peripheral thereto ever caused me any discomfort or failed to work, once I gave my life to Goddess in October of 2017. By 2019, I had no hair at all but I continued to trust in Mother Hecate for two more years and so f***, people say six months; I say eight Goddess-blessed years to almost restore my hair and I never missed a day of treatment.

Howdy Partner

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I only tolerated PG solutions. When I first bought Minoxidil ten years ago in gel form, I barely could breath, got really tight, hurting chest, heart pumping and almost passed out. Didn't dare to touch it again for until this year. I don't want to know what would happen if I took it orally. RIP
Never had the gel. I always recommend the foam if someone is going with topical, no sticky flaky crap in it.

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my mind, Retin-A is the link to seeing results related to skin in general and the scalp is no different. I use sh*t-loads everywhere and on my aged hands and arms and my hands look pretty damn good. Estrogel just glides, E2 is the Spirit of Our Lady in Heaven.

Last edited:

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never had the gel. I always recommend the foam if someone is going with topical, no sticky flaky crap in it.
Whatever tho. Guess I'm an outlier, side effects do happen and in my case so severely. Then I tried finasteride and dick stopped working end of week and I gave up on hairloss treatment.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if @keepcoolmybabies had a similar hair loss journey? Or did you decide to transition before treating your hair loss KCMB?
So tbh I initially wasn't aware that hrt worked for hair (even though it would seem obvious now with our knowledge about androgens and hairloss etc). So even though I'd always had wanted to transition I didn't think there was a point if I was going to lose hair (I was maintaining with finasteride at the time) and it wasn't until after discovering this thread years ago that I realized it was possible to still transition and potentially regain hair simultaneously

Howdy Partner

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So tbh I initially wasn't aware that hrt worked for hair (even though it would seem obvious now with our knowledge about androgens and hairloss etc). So even though I'd always had wanted to transition I didn't think there was a point if I was going to lose hair (I was maintaining with finasteride at the time) and it wasn't until after discovering this thread years ago that I realized it was possible to still transition and potentially regain hair simultaneously
So you jumped right into E2 injections? You probably regrew it pretty quickly, if so.