Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you define full recovery? At 13 months in, I have a complete set of hair but most of it is maye 2- 3mm in size.
Same here, in the front. It will take six to 12 months for the new hair to "contribute" fully but it will take the shine off of our heads in the interim.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you define full recovery? At 13 months in, I have a complete set of hair but most of it is maye 2- 3mm in size.
So for me I got back my overall density quicker but it wasn't until I added minoxidil with tret to temples that they started to substantially recover. The temple area doesn't seem to grow as long as rest of my hair though

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that Janey tends to need to top but it was in 1984 that I decided to go on estradiol more or less for certain. The only remaining question was how long to wait before I "secretly" jumped ship. What a fiasco! Destroyed my life and wife and losers don't usually do that but leap of faith and all.... I truly am grateful to a Higher Power...

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably about a year and a half
If I discerned correctly, Ms. KCMB's hair transitioned in terms of anagen and texture and overall "niceness" but there was no eureka moment there and it was more like going from age 20 back to age 16. In my opinion, KCMB fits appropriately in her gender from a very young age and does so with the elegance that can come from early preparation. I would deem them far, far more attractive as a female than as a male and that's the ultimate tranny test....

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So for me I got back my overall density quicker but it wasn't until I added minoxidil with tret to temples that they started to substantially recover. The temple area doesn't seem to grow as long as rest of my hair though
To be more specific, I have new hair that is about 5-6cm, but that is hair that I've lost only recently, during the last 4 years. The hair that I lost prior to that is tiny and between those hairs that grew remarkably in size and the tiny ones is not really much of a progression. That's what's concerning me, why does the hair past a certain point grow so much slower? What is your timeline regarding length of your hair in the very front when you speak of 1.5 years? Can you give an approximate length?

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be more specific, I have new hair that is about 5-6cm, but that is hair that I've lost only recently, during the last 4 years. The hair that I lost prior to that is tiny and between those hairs that grew remarkably in size and the tiny ones is not really much of a progression. That's what's concerning me, why does the hair past a certain point grow so much slower? What is your timeline regarding length of your hair in the very front when you speak of 1.5 years? Can you give an approximate length?
The temples (which were initially at appox nw2.5) is covered up to nw0 now but mostly still only about 2-4 inches in length in that section so not sure it will ever grow much longer than that.

I think, because the process of miniaturization consists of ever shorter hair cycle duration with each progressively thinner hair, the ultimate length after regrowth is incumbent upon what stage in that miniaturization process it returns to

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The temples (which were initially at appox nw2.5) is covered up to nw0 now but mostly still only about 2-4 inches in length in that section so not sure it will ever grow much longer than that.

I think, because the process of miniaturization consists of ever shorter hair cycle duration with each progressively thinner hair, the ultimate length after regrowth is incumbent upon what stage in that miniaturization process it returns to
To the extent that all of this downey, well downy anyway, hair keeps coming in, I would just point people to five through seven year olds or even younger when all of the downey hair in the corners and on top grows in. It basically grows while increasing in diameter it appears and finally it will become darker and terminal. I see the terminal ones everywhere. There are a few instances of circular scar tissue but barely any at all any longer as the circles all contain at least a couple of hairs. So hair from formerly non-hair bearing scarred skin at least used to be impossible but eh, who cares, right?

Like estrogen in several respects, micro-needling re-matrixes tissue in a way that can be mind-blowing. I see micro needling as an artistic operation as it has incredibly effective painting power.

Last edited:

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To the extent that all of this downey, well downy anyway, hair keeps coming in, I would just point people to five through seven year olds or even younger when all of the downey hair in the corners and on top grows in. It basically grows while increasing in diameter it appears and finally it will become darker and terminal. I see the terminal ones everywhere. There are a few instances of circular scar tissue but barely any at all any longer as the circles all contain at least a couple of hairs. So hair from formerly non-hair bearing scarred skin at least used to be impossible but eh, who cares, right?

Like estrogen in several respects, micro-needling re-matrixes tissue in a way that can be mind-blowing. I see micro needling as an artistic operation as it has incredibly effective painting power.
I've actually never attempted microneedling even tho I bought a Dr pen a6 like 2 years ago

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've actually never attempted microneedling even tho I bought a Dr pen a6 like 2 years ago
I am doing both now. Scalp, face, neck, hands and arms are where the sun damage is. Micro needling is better for the face but derma-rolling seems better for scar tissue and I am doing that now, doing each once a week with a three day gap in between. I will continue until I stop looking younger as I am sort of obsessive that way but in a good and delightful way....

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
A 3 day gap in between.... Dear Janey is walking around with wounds that can never heal properly. Are you trying to look like hellraiser in a few years in a delightful way?

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
A 3 day gap in between.... Dear Janey is walking around with wounds that can never heal properly. Are you trying to look like hellraiser in a few years in a delightful way?
I mean, there is visible scar tissue and it has appeared all along that pressure helps all of the scar tissue to scab over and over again, each time getting smaller. Without scab healing, my prospects were nil but I noticed first time out researching that it was also especially good for wound and scar healing and along with estrogen might be miraculous. I cannot get under my eyes or my nose well with a derma-roller. I am using both on neck, hands, face, scalp etc. Whenever I stop looking younger, I promise to stop derma-rolling but swear to Hecate that I am a-rolling right now.

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Plus after 30 months, I have developed some nouveau collagen stores and micro-needling barely hurts me anymore nor do botox shots nor does laser nor does electrolysis nor do injections. It's all painful and it's all the same, a sublimation of pain that is well worth the psychic pay-off allowing me to "groove" off of the pain.

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And Mr. Bridgeburn turns out to be a man of few words which is for the best like the Beatles having the good sense to never get back together. In honor via the Bard substituting words for mercy in terms of scarceness....

The quality of mercy is not strained.
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.
'Tis mightiest in the mightiest; it becomes
The thronèd monarch better than his crown.
His scepter shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings;
But mercy is above this sceptered sway.
It is enthronèd in the hearts of kings;
It is an attribute to God Himself;
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
"some nouveau collagen stores"

Oh la la that sounds très chic!

"And Mr. Bridgeburn turns out to be a man of few words"

Unlike others... Ahem.

Janey will have no problem filling up the next one thousand page on this thread maybe all by herself. Good luck people. I am out.

PS:: no more pain? I suggest steam roller next.

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"some nouveau collagen stores"

Oh la la that sounds très chic!

Janey will have no problem filling up the next one thousand page on this thread maybe all by herself. Good luck people. I am out.
I did half of this going back to page 550 but seriously, I am not back in and I don't give a f*** about anybody. Nobody pm me because my writings are copious. I am peaking and this is better than the rest of my life combined. The knowledge available to me via HRT is pronounced and staggering and it does not stop. Without this experience, I would be incomplete and inconsequential as an entity. Will exists.