Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

DinkyDino

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried a prescription corticosteroid on those spots?

Yea hydrocortisone and Fluocinonide which didn't give relief really. Honestly part of this is just trying to get rid of that sensation on my temples.

Have you tried cypro/spironolactone before?

No but I will after giving bica/estrogen and dutasteride .5mg a chance of at least a month. 5 days is nothing but I was really hoping that sensation I described would be alleviated even without hair growing in. I found an ancient old thread where spironolactone got rid of that burning sensation altogether which is really what I am after. If that does not work I will try cypro but to me cypro isn't sustainable long term with those side effects. I know a lot of people don't have any burning like this so I don't consider myself the norm.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/that-sore-weird-feeling-of-balding.33721/

I got this with finasteride. But was all over my Vertex. DHTcel told me that means high AR signiling and high levels of testosterone. What is your current treatment right now?
He could be right. I'm on 100mg of bica, 6mg estrogen and .5 dustasteride. I'll up it to 150mg a day just to be sure if it works. It will need a lot of time to get things leveled out in my system.

burning and soreness is due to inflammation, hair loss drugs aren't going to help you in a lot of cases, you need an anti inflammatory or get checked for autoimmune diseases relatedto hairloss.
I agree but I'm pretty desperate. What I dislike is that I feel the burning sensations and soreness on the norwood patterns right on the receding hairline. it's not random at all and is not touching the back or crown which makes me believe it is male pattern baldness.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea hydrocortisone and Fluocinonide which didn't give relief really. Honestly part of this is just trying to get rid of that sensation on my temples.

No but I will after giving bica/estrogen and dutasteride .5mg a chance of at least a month. 5 days is nothing but I was really hoping that sensation I described would be alleviated even without hair growing in. I found an ancient old thread where spironolactone got rid of that burning sensation altogether which is really what I am after. If that does not work I will try cypro but to me cypro isn't sustainable long term with those side effects. I know a lot of people don't have any burning like this so I don't consider myself the norm.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/that-sore-weird-feeling-of-balding.33721/

He could be right. I'm on 100mg of bica, 6mg estrogen and .5 dustasteride. I'll up it to 150mg a day just to be sure if it works. It will need a lot of time to get things leveled out in my system.

I agree but I'm pretty desperate. What I dislike is that I feel the burning sensations and soreness on the norwood patterns right on the receding hairline. it's not random at all and is not touching the back or crown which makes me believe it is male pattern baldness.

in that case it may go away when you rid your body of testosterone, let us know how it goes.

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been upping my dose over the months, i like the feminization.

Interestingly, did it somehow affect the hair? I also switched from 4 mg to 6 mg. the hair stopped falling out altogether.

Reactions: Yar

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Spironolactone has powerful Anti-androgenic effect in skin and pilosebaceous unit, although it is a relatively weak AA.

A 100mg pill takes away the oil the next day. I have gotten exactly 0 acne since starting Spironolactone.

itsyaboi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any of you guys specifically alleviated any burning/soreness on the temples with any combo of HRT? It's like I have insects crawling on the area where hair is about to die. I've been on my regimen of bica for 5 days but am noting no differences. I know it's early but it just demotivates me since I know something is killing my hair and I'd even feel better if it was all over the scalp but it seems to enjoy targeting the temples the most. I'm just asking for dudes who had a burning/soreness pain on their scalps and had any HRT combo work.

My head itched like mad a while ago, temples, back of the head, sides and all which I realised meant finasteride/ duta alone were doing f*** all and I was developing retrograde but almost a month since starting bica I realised my head hasn’t itched for a few weeks.

So I wouldn’t worry about still feeling the crawling sensation each day too much as a time will probably come when the thought leaves your mind and you look back and realise it’s finally subsided! Good luck :))

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spironolactone has powerful Anti-androgenic effect in skin and pilosebaceous unit, although it is a relatively weak AA.

A 100mg pill takes away the oil the next day. I have gotten exactly 0 acne since starting Spironolactone.
I can't find the study, but an old member named Bryan once quote that it bind over 97% in skin and hair.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interestingly, did it somehow affect the hair? I also switched from 4 mg to 6 mg. the hair stopped falling out altogether.

i don't know yet, ive been shedding from dutasteride so i wont be able to say anything until the shed from dutasteride stops.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
from the addition of finasteride to the cpa + estradiol mode, the loss increased, and on cpa + estradiol no loss, up to 5 hairs were found in the bath

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been on spironolactone? Did it work?
Around 8 months. It slowed my shedding temporarily but then the shedding gradually started up again getting faster and faster until I was losing hair at the same pace I was losing it before I started. I’ve heard that in order for Spironolactone to permanently “cure” hair loss, you have to continuously increase your dose because it loses its effectiveness over time. 8 months seems like a very quick time span for that to happen but I guess it’s possible. I didn’t want to have to be paranoid and vigilant about my hair for the rest of my life, and bicalutamide has the potential to be a real permanent solution. I also hadn’t realized how weak my erections/libido had gotten on Spironolactone, I dropped it for Bica a little over a week ago and my libido is already soaring, but so is my shedding. I’m a bit paranoid because 100mg of bicalutamide is supposed to do everything that 200mg of Spironolactone would do but better, so I cant imagine that it would work worse than Spironolactone but who knows. I try not to be rash, but seeing my bald spot, feeling hair always falling onto my face, and seeing the hair in the shower/sink drives me insane. It’s hard to describe how much it would mean to find something that I know for a fact actually works for me, even if it had horrible side effects like growing boobs or infertility, at least then I’d know I had a choice. If I can’t stop hairloss (not even asking for regrowth) with 100mg of bicalutamide, 0.5mg of dutasteride, and 10mg of Minoxidil, then I don’t know what the f*** is wrong with my body.

Last edited:

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and your breast? it grows? I grew from 4 mg.

it is impossible for a man to grow large breasts. I have more than 0.5 does not grow. maximum will grow 1 size.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Around 8 months. It slowed my shedding temporarily but then the shedding gradually started up again getting faster and faster until I was losing hair at the same pace I was losing it before I started. I’ve heard that in order for Spironolactone to permanently “cure” hair loss, you have to continuously increase your dose because it loses its effectiveness over time. 8 months seems like a very quick time span for that to happen but I guess it’s possible. I didn’t want to have to be paranoid and vigilant about my hair for the rest of my life, and bicalutamide has the potential to be a real permanent solution. I also hadn’t realized how weak my erections/libido had gotten on Spironolactone, I dropped it for Bica a little over a week ago and my libido is already soaring, but so is my shedding. I’m a bit paranoid because 100mg of bicalutamide is supposed to do everything that 200mg of Spironolactone would do but better, so I cant imagine that it would work worse than Spironolactone but who knows. I try not to be rash, but seeing my bald spot, feeling hair always falling onto my face, and seeing the hair in the shower/sink drives me insane. It’s hard to describe how much it would mean to find something that I know for a fact actually works for me, even if it had horrible side effects like growing boobs or infertility, at least then I’d know I had a choice. If I can’t stop hairloss (not even asking for regrowth) with 100mg of bicalutamide, 0.5mg of dutasteride, and 10mg of Minoxidil, then I don’t know what the f*** is wrong with my body.
I'm using a similar approach to you: just started dutas with spironolactone. This combo seems to work for a year or two for many but, you're correct, spironolactone does seem to lose effectiveness over time. I hope to buy some time with spironolactone before starting bica since there are some unknowns with the latter.

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using a similar approach to you: just started dutas with spironolactone. This combo seems to work for a year or two for many but, you're correct, spironolactone does seem to lose effectiveness over time. I hope to buy some time with spironolactone before starting bica since there are some unknowns with the latter.
I’ll lyk how bicalutamide goes for me. The only other person I know of that’s doing mono therapy is DHTcel and it worked great for him.