Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/how-much-t-dht-does-bicalutamide-block.123281/

This is the math DHTcel used, but I still don't understand it. Let's say my T level indicates me to use 100 mg of bica with dutas. Do I ever need to increase the dosage? I'm not planning to hop on E, bro.
I am also going to consider bicalutamide. I was on spironolactone for the last 11 months. All those time, I was giving myself the false hope that my thinning vertex would eventually start regrowing. My vertex will soon hit the point of no return. I wasted my 11 months. I believe bicalutamide wouldn't work for me either. My genetics is getting intense in its manifestation.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am also going to consider bicalutamide. I was on spironolactone for the last 11 months. All those time, I was giving myself the false hope that my thinning vertex would eventually start regrowing. My vertex will soon hit the point of no return. I wasted my 11 months. I believe bicalutamide wouldn't work for me either. My genetics is getting intense in its manifestation.
Considering the number of people on this thread who recently jumped on the bica bandwagon we should start to get some actual data in the near future to its overall effectiveness. Kinda like we have our own case study going on... ok maybe not quite. But aside from the potential for personal bias, placebo effects, and a cocktail of other random meds screwing with the results, it should still be interesting to see how the bica treatments pan out.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if they invest in depression meds then they should also invest in hairloss.. cause hairloss can make people lose thier minds.
Moreover many people -like about 70% of men and during their prime years - suffer from hair loss which is not the case with any specific cancer in terms of quantity as well as age.
Another thing wrong with his assumption is that he believes death is worse than suffering. I believe death is far better than social, psychological etc suffering hair loss causes.

Last edited:

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please try it without estrogen for first 3 months at least. Maave does that and he has not seen furtherance of hair loss.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys think about darolutamide? Could it be a better alternative for bicalutamide, given it's higher strength and lower incidence of gyno(~2%)? It recently got approved by the fda in July 2019.
until the patent expires it costs like $6,000 a month.. unless you order powder from China

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't appear to increase T but it may also be estrogen antagonist.

Attachments

• IMG_20190904_184854.png
    IMG_20190904_184854.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 126

yuri.091

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been doing some research on spironolactone vs. bicalutamide.
Bicalutamide seems without common mental sides effect. Surprising since it's somewhat powerful.

Mental sluggishness and tiredness seems common with spironolactone.
I think bicalutamide might just be better, but it's also more expensive and rare.

Also I spoke to an engineer who's MtF who confirmed that spatial ability really is effected.
He/she said that it was easier to conceptualize geometric relations before HRT, but also that his verbal skills increased.
Very interesting.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been doing some research on spironolactone vs. bicalutamide.
Bicalutamide seems without common mental sides effect. Surprising since it's somewhat powerful.

Mental sluggishness and tiredness seems common with spironolactone.
I think bicalutamide might just be better, but it's also more expensive and rare.

Also I spoke to an engineer who's MtF who confirmed that spatial ability really is effected.
He/she said that it was easier to conceptualize geometric relations before HRT, but also that his verbal skills increased.
Very interesting.

My verbal skills increased tremendously since starting HRT, i was basically a mute before lol.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
anyone who has been on dutasteride, how long did the massive shed in the beginning from that last, i took it for a few months years ago but i can't remember.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this dutasteride shed really fucked up my density but at least the small hairs on my temples are turning black and getting longer lol.

Attachments

• 20190904004319_IMG_6389.JPG
    20190904004319_IMG_6389.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 305
  • 20190904004352_IMG_6390.JPG
    20190904004352_IMG_6390.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 292
  • 20190904004203_IMG_6385.JPG
    20190904004203_IMG_6385.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 280
  • 20190904004218_IMG_6386.JPG
    20190904004218_IMG_6386.JPG