Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
anyone who has been on dutasteride, how long did the massive shed in the beginning from that last, i took it for a few months years ago but i can't remember.

From my experience , i was shedding a lot before any treatment and after starting dutasteride my shedding almost stopped completely around 2 weeks. I had a bit shedding around 3 months but nothing major and after that i never shed.

Maybe your shed related to minoxidil ? I used 10mg oral minoxidil for like 25 days and it starts working immediately, after few days i experienced a shed that i never seen , and my vellus hairs became pigmented and longer. It works really fast.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From my experience , i was shedding a lot before any treatment and after starting dutasteride my shedding almost stopped completely around 2 weeks. I had a bit shedding around 3 months but nothing major and after that i never shed.

Maybe your shed related to minoxidil ? I used 10mg oral minoxidil for like 25 days and it starts working immediately, after few days i experienced a shed that i never seen , and my vellus hairs became pigmented and longer. It works really fast.
i used topical for almost a week and lost like 5000 hairs lol, then i quit it cause i came to my senses, (min gives me health problems and i know that already)

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i used topical for almost a week and lost like 5000 hairs lol, then i quit it cause i came to my senses, (min gives me health problems and i know that already)

it sounds like your shed related to minoxidil not dutasteride.Personally i dont think dutasteride could start another shed since you are using bica and estrogen.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it sounds like your shed related to minoxidil not dutasteride.Personally i dont think dutasteride could start another shed since you are using bica and estrogen.

maybe, i know when i started propecia years ago it caused a huge shed that never stopped, so i just shed for like 1.5 years lol

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i started to question it when the shed lasted longer than 6 months, cause everything online says the shed means its working but its not supposed to last forever

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the constant synchronized sheds every 3 months that i experience on minoxidil are *** too, so my hairs can never grow more than 2 inches long before i shed it all and im bald again lol.

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What? Finasteride quickly loses efficiency after 1mg, there is no point in taking more than that per day.

Dutasteride also has vastly diminishing returns after .5mg in terms of DHT reduction (which is pretty much 100% already at .5) so there is no reason to take more than .5mg (1 pill) of avodart per day. You take 3-6 tablets per day? Do you understand that Avodart has a fairly long half life? There is no reason to take more than 1 a day lmao. You're also putting needless stress on your liver. 1 Pill of Avodart is listed as possibly affecting the liver, which I doubt it does all that much in most people, but if you're taking 6 pills + your CPA which DEFINITELY affects the liver??? Why? I feel like you don't actually research the meds you are taking.
you yourself see that people are balding from one capsule. no matter what is written in the annotation. someone from 1/10 tablets of finasteride gyno. and for someone, only 5 tablets of avodart work. you can get tested for DHT by taking one capsule. then we'll talk. I am special on Avatar. I know what I am saying. one capsule does not work. it's all a lie.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you yourself see that people are balding from one capsule. no matter what is written in the annotation. someone from 1/10 tablets of finasteride gyno. and for someone, only 5 tablets of avodart work. you can get tested for DHT by taking one capsule. then we'll talk. I am special on Avatar. I know what I am saying. one capsule does not work. it's all a lie.
For me, even the 5 five capsules don't work.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does that mean it won't give regrowth?
It still remains unproven whether estrogen gives results by itself or because it blocks androgens more effectively. If we believe that androgens are a common cause in both men and women, then we can say estrogen doesn't cause regrowth because of increase in its levels because women have a lot of it) but because it reduces androgens. However, bridge and other folks here believe that estrogen directly promotes hair growth. We would never know unless there are studies on it.

Another point to note is that some people experience regrowth on finasteride so we can say it's blockage of androgens, but then finasteride also increases E.

Bottom line - you can't block/decrease you androgens without increasing E (possible w cypro though) and therefore we might never know for sure.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It still remains unproven whether estrogen gives results by itself or because it blocks androgens more effectively. If we believe that androgens are a common cause in both men and women, then we can say estrogen doesn't cause regrowth because of increase in its levels because women have a lot of it) but because it reduces androgens. However, bridge and other folks here believe that estrogen directly promotes hair growth. We would never know unless there are studies on it.

Another point to note is that some people experience regrowth on finasteride so we can say it's blockage of androgens, but then finasteride also increases E.

Bottom line - you can't block/decrease you androgens without increasing E (possible w cypro though) and therefore we might never know for sure.
Oh yes, Anxiousandy saw regrowth with cypro. He took it with oral minoxidil after he had dropped Estradiol.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh yes, Anxiousandy saw regrowth with cypro. He took it with oral minoxidil after he had dropped Estradiol.

taking estradiol allows us to take a lesser dose of anti-androgens everyday, because estradiol is anti-androgenic itself. it's not necessary, but it helps especially with preventing anti-androgen side-effects and losing bone density.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
taking estradiol allows us to take a lesser dose of anti-androgens everyday, because estradiol is anti-androgenic itself. it's not necessary, but it helps especially with preventing anti-androgen side-effects and losing bone density.
I guess I have lost bone density and tbh I'm hating this look. I have ordered a SARM (Lgd4033) and Mk677. I hope LGD doesn't rape my hair. But ultimately I will have to resort to bica; just waiting for some good results with muscles retention.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess I have lost bone density and tbh I'm hating this look. I have ordered a SARM (Lgd4033) and Mk677. I hope LGD doesn't rape my hair. But ultimately I will have to resort to bica; just waiting for some good results with muscles retention.
In the treatment of BPH, spironolactone becomes ineffective after six months of treatment. This explains why me and others experience tolerance to spironolactone after some time. Now it's time to move onto the bicalutamide.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spironolactone#Prostate_conditions

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the treatment of BPH, spironolactone becomes ineffective after six months of treatment. This explains why me and others experience tolerance to spironolactone after some time. Now it's time to move onto the bicalutamide.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spironolactone#Prostate_conditions
They used it at 50mg.

But yeah, it's not a drug to be used in BPH as it may have SARM properties and may actually aggravate the situation.

Btw, how are you going to obtain Bica?

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They used it at 50mg.

But yeah, it's not a drug to be used in BPH as it may have SARM properties and may actually aggravate the situation.

Btw, how are you going to obtain Bica?
I will buy it over the counter. I can't fake a cancer drug prescription. I thought they had had numerous study on BPH. Did they all use 50 mg?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
bridge and other folks here believe that estrogen directly promotes hair growth. We would never know unless there are studies on it.
there are studies on it

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
you can't block/decrease you androgens without increasing E (possible w cypro though) and therefore we might never know for sure.
The androgen/estrogen ratio is what matters. Even if you decrease E and androgens are decreased more in proportion to it then it still leaves you overall more estrogenic. That's why eunuchs sometimes developed breasts and why side effects like gyno are a risk with cypro, etc.