Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you have a shed from dutasteride then this means that it works 100%

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
because finasteride works from 20 mg per day. from 1 tablet only increases DHT. Avodart is the same. You do not look at the loss. look at the growth of new ones. if they do not fall out but new ones do not grow it is bad.

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ha-You can't guarantee that. What if it the beginning of chronic Telogen Effluvium?

I also dropped out from 1 tablet. therefore I am experimenting with Avodart. I take from 3 to 6 tablets per day. 6 tablets work best. from 1 tablet, many increase DHT.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Around 8 months. It slowed my shedding temporarily but then the shedding gradually started up again getting faster and faster until I was losing hair at the same pace I was losing it before I started. I’ve heard that in order for Spironolactone to permanently “cure” hair loss, you have to continuously increase your dose because it loses its effectiveness over time. 8 months seems like a very quick time span for that to happen but I guess it’s possible. I didn’t want to have to be paranoid and vigilant about my hair for the rest of my life, and bicalutamide has the potential to be a real permanent solution. I also hadn’t realized how weak my erections/libido had gotten on Spironolactone, I dropped it for Bica a little over a week ago and my libido is already soaring, but so is my shedding. I’m a bit paranoid because 100mg of bicalutamide is supposed to do everything that 200mg of Spironolactone would do but better, so I cant imagine that it would work worse than Spironolactone but who knows. I try not to be rash, but seeing my bald spot, feeling hair always falling onto my face, and seeing the hair in the shower/sink drives me insane. It’s hard to describe how much it would mean to find something that I know for a fact actually works for me, even if it had horrible side effects like growing boobs or infertility, at least then I’d know I had a choice. If I can’t stop hairloss (not even asking for regrowth) with 100mg of bicalutamide, 0.5mg of dutasteride, and 10mg of Minoxidil, then I don’t know what the f*** is wrong with my body.
Spironolactone didn't work for me either. But a few self-proclaimed hair loss experts in this thread are hell-bent on proving that it's working for me. :D

Peace

My Regimen
Reaction score
because finasteride works from 20 mg per day. from 1 tablet only increases DHT. Avodart is the same. You do not look at the loss. look at the growth of new ones. if they do not fall out but new ones do not grow it is bad.

What? Finasteride quickly loses efficiency after 1mg, there is no point in taking more than that per day.

Dutasteride also has vastly diminishing returns after .5mg in terms of DHT reduction (which is pretty much 100% already at .5) so there is no reason to take more than .5mg (1 pill) of avodart per day. You take 3-6 tablets per day? Do you understand that Avodart has a fairly long half life? There is no reason to take more than 1 a day lmao. You're also putting needless stress on your liver. 1 Pill of Avodart is listed as possibly affecting the liver, which I doubt it does all that much in most people, but if you're taking 6 pills + your CPA which DEFINITELY affects the liver??? Why? I feel like you don't actually research the meds you are taking.

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW-how did you escalate your spironolactone over the 8 months you used it?
Somehow I missed this before, sorry. I took 100mg for around 6 months, then jumped to 200mg the last 2. Jumping from 100mg to 200mg gave only a marginal improvement. The best results were in the first few months after starting the drug.

BRezende

My Regimen
Reaction score
Starting now... 100mg/10mg

Attachments

• 71E4BD28-07E7-4A8C-BFC0-7EA9790BE4EC.jpeg
    71E4BD28-07E7-4A8C-BFC0-7EA9790BE4EC.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 254

BRezende

My Regimen
Reaction score
people on this thread: I've taken Bica for less than a week. o_OIdk if its working, maybe I'm still balding bwahhh.
lol
No, i was just anxious with the possibilite to get my hair back and stop all the frustration and depression in my life. Sounds like hypochondriac, but what can I do? Anxiety is something irracional, i cant control that

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
We rely on anedoctal guinea pig evidence. There will never be enough proper clinical evidence anyway cause the medical industry doesn't give a sh*t if men go bald.

I wouldn't put it that negative way. Research cares first about solving deceases like cancer. It's hard for scientists to justify funding in a cosmetic cure that won't kill the bearer when millions of people die of cancer every year.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHTcel is banned again, I guess. Does someone else know the T-formula for taking bica?

Divide your T level by 10 to get the mg dosage. However, taking estrogen you won't need that much. With 6g of Estradiol, 50mg of bica seems a good dosage. With none, you need to go back to the formula. This was given as 150mg for the dude.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
What if I take it with dutas? Do I need 50, 100, 150?

No. Don't change the dosage with duta as the latter is a 5 alpha reductase enzyme inhibitors for DHT. From what I read one way you can reduce bica dose is by adding estrogen to your regimen which is supposed to lower Testosterone. Unfortunately, I read also scientific papers claiming it doesn't. Folks will claim however that raising estrogen level to a reasonable level is a good thing for hair growth. Another way to lower T level is to add progestin to your intake. I guess we need more facts to determine the best way to take all these drugs.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't put it that negative way. Research cares first about solving deceases like cancer. It's hard for scientists to justify funding in a cosmetic cure that won't kill the bearer when millions of people die of cancer every year.
if they invest in depression meds then they should also invest in hairloss.. cause hairloss can make people lose thier minds.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score