Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Moribund

My Regimen
Reaction score
E is anti-depressant? no wonder I'm addicted

Haha, I always looked a bit angry or weird. Lol these are some old pics when I always wore my adventurer hat

View attachment 95360 View attachment 95361

When you compare that second picture to how you look now, you really haven't had much facial feminisation at all except some minor facial hair loss. Your high prominent cheekbones probably have a lot to do with that. I don't think many men who aren't familiar with transgenderism realise how many people who transition after puberty have to have extensive plastic surgery and bone reshaping to pass as female.

Last edited:

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You look 12 ? Not from the pictures you posted.
I'm 33, I look 16-22. And I hate it. No beard, young face ... it's not good. Didn't complete my puberty actually.
I tried topical testosterone and minoxidil ... nothing :(
When I was 25 some people though I was 14 ... it was awful.
But if you look like 12yo forever ... you will be alone ... or you will only attract pedophiles yuerk.
Why do you want to look so young ? Peter Pan Syndrome is when you refuse to grow up ?
Isn't baldness supposed to make you look older? If that happens to be the case and you don't want to look younger, I don't understand what to tell you. There are things that could bring your hair back but in turn make you look even younger particularly when you destroy every single possibility of getting facial hair and collagen loss.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
When you compare that second picture to how you look now, you really haven't had much facial feminisation at all except some minor facial hair loss. Your high prominent cheekbones probably have a lot to do with that. I don't think many men who aren't familiar with transgenderism realise how many people who transition after puberty have to have extensive plastic surgery and bone reshaping to pass as female.
yeah maybe not a lot (unless counting not ever getting acne anymore lol), feminization is largely about lack of developing further traits from what we start out with in youth or reversing back to what limited extant possible more than actually gaining additional traits.

And also have to factor in that people's perception of me may be biased because they know that I'm on hrt. also minoxidil has caused me thicker eyebrows and longer eyelashes, and as well as having more hair and less facial hair can all impact the way face looks.
I think though my cheekbones might even be more prominent, or puff out slighty more than before? ;
IMG_20180809_081416.jpg

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah maybe not a lot (unless counting not ever getting acne anymore lol), feminization is largely about lack of developing further traits from what we start out with in youth or reversing back to what limited extant possible more than actually gaining additional traits.

And also have to factor in that people's perception of me may be biased because they know that I'm on hrt. also minoxidil has caused me thicker eyebrows and longer eyelashes, and as well as having more hair and less facial hair can all impact the way face looks.
I think though my cheekbones might even be more prominent, or puff out slighty more than before? ;
View attachment 95376
Needless to say your skin looks paler. Are you finding more freckles on the skin?

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you're right. But still have a baby face, shaved head I look like a teenager with cancer.
Hair loss in Anagen Effluvium is generally temporary and affects the entire scalp and eyebrows, unlike Androgenic Alopecia that spares the horseshoe and eyebrows. Hair stubble is visible in shaved areas, so looking like cancer patient is highly unlikely unless you have to bear the misery of having the super fine hair texture, like I have type 1A.
But you really want to look like 12 or a tennager ? All your life ?
Yes. I don't find any reason to not want to have eternal youth. I know it sounds weird, but in Asia, a lot of people think that youth denotes power. You might even find men in K-Pop and K-Dramas who look incredibly young.

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly. There's a large misconception in the society that if an adult doesn't have a lot a masculine traits in appearance, like lack of facial hair, lack of acne, head full of hair, smooth translucent skin, etc., that person is automatically categorized as feminine. The retention of juvenile characteristics into adulthood is called neoteny and not femininity. If you look at Asian men, they're not feminine, they're neotenous. But the western society doesn't accept anything that shows even a slight deviation from their conventional beliefs as normal.
Neoteny is a genetic trait, and not hormonal. But the beliefs of our society are so fucked up that when anyone sees a feminine, or rather neotenous, looking guy, they think that either that guy has a hormonal problem, or he's a homosexual or transgender person.
Of course, the return of juvenile traits on HRT is feminisation, but there's a difference between retention and reminiscence, just like there's a difference between no puberty and female puberty.

Last edited:

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly. There's a large misconception in the society that if an adult doesn't have a lot a masculine traits in appearance, like lack of facial hair, lack of acne, head full of hair, smooth translucent skin, etc., that person is automatically categorized as feminine. The retention of juvenile characteristics into adulthood is called neoteny and not femininity. If you look at Asian men, they're not feminine, they're neotenous. But the western society doesn't accept anything that shows even a slight deviation from their conventional beliefs as normal.
Neoteny is a generic trait, and not hormonal. But the beliefs of our society are so fucked up that when anyone sees a feminine, or rather neotenous, looking guy, they think that either that guy has a hormonal problem, or he's a homosexual or transgender person.
Of course, the return of juvenile traits on HRT is feminisation, but there's a difference between retention and reminiscence, just like there's a difference between no puberty and female puberty.

retention is certainly easier than going back, I'd say you have a bit of a neoteneous advantage by starting early :)
interesting,... neotony is a fancy word I don't think I've ever heard anybody say before Lol. @nWo Wolfpac and I were actually talking about this type of stuff earlier in the thread :

You have definitely proven that estrogen helps to keep people looking young. I know most people think men age better than women but I dont, I think whats going on is that people dont realize that they just have much higher standards for women. as soon as a woman starts getting some wrinkles people think oh shes over the hill now but when a guy gets wrinkles its like hes entered into bad *** clint eastwood phase. Clint Eastwood is a perfect example, he was always considered very handsome and sexy even though he has looked old as sh*t since the 70's. Think of his dirty harry films. Men can have many wrinkles with grey receding hair and still be considered sexy like james bond whereas women just get a couple of wrinkles and no fucks with them any more. When I think of all my aunts and uncles the aunts all look years younger. Next time you guys go out pay attention to all the couples you see whether theyre in their 30s or 60s the women 99% of the time look years younger even though statistically most of those couple are very close in age.
I would say maybe men age better in late age while women definitely age better up to menopause but menopause speeds the process messing them up, men have a steady gradual decline in their hormone production. But totally the attraction of women is that they look more youthful!
Youth is a huge part of the female gender and so signs of age don't look right on women. Men are acceptable more easily with wrinkles and aging because thats just a normal part of being a man. Maybe women are a bit less superficial too. Many masculine features actually make people look older!
Hairloss, oily rough skin, facial hair.

plus men don't statically live as long.

And if you really think about it, there is not much difference between becoming more feminine and becoming more youthful. Its practically a synonym.

Little kids for example are more feminine than masculine. They have nice smooth skin, full heads of hair, no facial hair, emotional, etc.

see the correalation, what does estrogen do? it makes us closer to being like a little kid! it lessened my body hair, made me more emotional, gave more head hair, practically no body odor hm come to think about it nobody told me I stunk Before puberty! cleared up acne and gave better skin, stopped my sperm production and we didn't make sperm yet when we were little kids did we?

there's definitely something to this.
we all start off as female by default in the womb even. and then change based on the level of androgen exposure.

Reactions: Ein

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair loss in Anagen Effluvium is generally temporary and affects the entire scalp and eyebrows, unlike Androgenic Alopecia that spares the horseshoe and eyebrows. Hair stubble is visible in shaved areas, so looking like cancer patient is highly unlikely unless you have to bear the misery of having the super fine hair texture, like I have type 1A.
Yes. I don't find any reason to not want to have eternal youth. I know it sounds weird, but in Asia, a lot of people think that youth denotes power. You might even find men in K-Pop and K-Dramas who look incredibly young.

No I have diffuse hair loss ... losing hair on the top, the sides, above the ears, on the nape. And I shaved it, because I have the hair loss pattern (Norwood 6) and hate it (like Prince William + above the ears)... i would prefer being totally bald than having that disgusting pattern.

You need to look older to attract women (or men). But if that makes you happy, that's ok. Your life.
I look younger .. and nobody take me seriously because of that ... maybe that's not a problem in asia.

Last edited:

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, my itchy scalp, eyes, ..., body ... is caused by androgen receptors overexpression. .

Hey would you mind explaining the itchy eyes symptom in a little more detail ? I’m just over a week into oralspiro+dutas and some of the skin at the bottom of my forehead/eye lids has become perpetually dry and flaky/itchy ... almost painful but I have no idea what may have caused it especially since I’m so soon into this new regimen.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey would you mind explaining the itchy eyes symptom in a little more detail ? I’m just over a week into oralspiro+dutas and some of the skin at the bottom of my forehead/eye lids has become perpetually dry and flaky/itchy ... almost painful but I have no idea what may have caused it especially since I’m so soon into this new regimen.
Its a lack of sebum.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've noticed recently after growing beard out some, I got yet a bit more patchyness forming

P_20180809_161914_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg P_20180807_134640_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20180806_075102_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the oil sucks, i was enjoying living without it. But with only dutasteride it came back, scalp and face. But without acne for now, which is a good sign i guess, hope duta prevents that

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score

But your skin will age. At 30 to 40 you might look like a wrinkly child.

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But your skin will age. At 30 to 40 you might look like a wrinkly child.
I'll see. I think there's a very low chance of that happening, because of the AMPK activation effect of Metformin and if I add Raloxifene when the breast tenderness becomes unbearable, the collagen boosting effect also rolls in.
Also, I have a very strict skin care routine. And I do manage to get my hands on a lot of antioxidants.

Last edited:

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll see. I think there's a very low chance of that happening, because of the AMPK activation effect of Metformin and if I add Raloxifene when the breast tenderness becomes unbeatable, the collagen boosting effect also rolls in.
Also, I have a very strict skin care routine. And I do manage to get my hands on a lot of antioxidants.

Lol aging skin is also due to fat loss and sagging. Your collagen will also go down with aging. Did you really think you can take estradiol and not get aging skin?