Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone knows after how many days testosterone levels go back to normal after quitting cyproterone or spironolactone?

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm asking because its been 40 days. My libido went back, but i have less oil on face and scalp than before i started AA, besides acne is not a problem anymore, for now. I was hoping dutasteride is doing something about my oil, and hoping this would eventually benefit my hair.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a correlation between oil, acne and hairloss? I mean, if dutasteride is good for my skin, would be too much to presume it will be beneficial for hair?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you anticipate any shedding when increasing your dutasteride dose to 1mg?
I don't expect it since it's only adding a tiny bit of strength to my regimen and possibly just overkill. but shedding is not necessarily a bad thing even if I do.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
well everyone, I am back in my home country for a few weeks. Hair still seems to be improving, so I'm not at max yet.

As expected, I don't think anyone has noticed I regrew hair since a year ago. Lol, or if they have noticed didn't directly say. They probably just think its longer, family commented that it looks good, its cute, etc. And my uncle was the closest to realizing something is rlly different. he thinks that I dyed my hair and won't believe that I didn't haha. Probably he remembers it being a lighter color with the diffuse thinning.

Before I came I ordered a few packages to minimize needing to carry drugs on a plane. my package of dutasteride was here before I got here, but i was still waiting for my package containing estrofem and spironolactone. So, I brought my oral minoxidil bottle and an estrofem pack with me on the plane just in case.. and fortunately I got it past airport security and Tsa no problem at all. :)

only a day later after I arrived my other package came. so now I have all I need.
While I am here, I've decided that I'm going to take 1mg dutasteride instead of .5mg, like how @itchymadscalp claims higher dutasteride doses was effective. and i'll use in addition to everything else. There's also a few other things I'm thinking to try here but I'll write about it later.
The sad irony is if you didn't regrow and just came back balder than a year aog that would have been 5 times more noticeable - human nature eh.

When do we get a pic update?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well everyone, I am back in my home country for a few weeks. Hair still seems to be improving, so I'm not at max yet.

As expected, I don't think anyone has noticed I regrew hair since a year ago. Lol, or if they have noticed didn't directly say. They probably just think its longer, family commented that it looks good, its cute, etc. And my uncle was the closest to realizing something is rlly different. he thinks that I dyed my hair and won't believe that I didn't haha. Probably he remembers it being a lighter color with the diffuse thinning.

Before I came I ordered a few packages to minimize needing to carry drugs on a plane. my package of dutasteride was here before I got here, but i was still waiting for my package containing estrofem and spironolactone. So, I brought my oral minoxidil bottle and an estrofem pack with me on the plane just in case.. and fortunately I got it past airport security and Tsa no problem at all. :)

only a day later after I arrived my other package came. so now I have all I need.
While I am here, I've decided that I'm going to take 1mg dutasteride instead of .5mg, like how @itchymadscalp claims higher dutasteride doses was effective. and i'll use in addition to everything else. There's also a few other things I'm thinking to try here but I'll write about it later.

I'm glad that everything is working out for you. Im actually relieved no one is noticing much because I keep worying that people will notice any slight change to my face from e but most people just pay no attention to anyone but themselves. I once had a thick beard for a year straight and when I came into work with a fresh shave some people didnt even notice! There was one woman who after a few hours said to me "there's something diffirent about you but I cant pin point it, did you get a hair cut?" It absolutely blows my mind how little people actually observe and take in the world around them. This is how guys can go from having thin hair to using a wig and no one notices. I think your family forgot how thin your hair was. If they were to look at an old picture and see you now it's so obvious.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm glad that everything is working out for you. Im actually relieved no one is noticing much because I keep worying that people will notice any slight change to my face from e but most people just pay no attention to anyone but themselves. I once had a thick beard for a year straight and when I came into work with a fresh shave some people didnt even notice! There was one woman who after a few hours said to me "there's something diffirent about you but I cant pin point it, did you get a hair cut?" It absolutely blows my mind how little people actually observe and take in the world around them. This is how guys can go from having thin hair to using a wig and no one notices. I think your family forgot how thin your hair was. If they were to look at an old picture and see you now it's so obvious.
Wonder if bridge has reached man bun territory yet.

upload_2018-8-16_9-34-2.jpeg

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I decided to stop taking spironolactone and start taking cypro. The spironolactone was really drying my skin out and started giiving my face a sunken eyed hollowed out look like a zombie. I found out that its a common side effect of spironolactone and no matter how much water I drank it kept getting worse. So my doctor gave me a prescription today for cypro but my pharmacy wont have any until monday.

My doctor also gave me a priscription for estrogel today. It was super embarrassing asking for it and even more embarrassing getting it from the girl at the pharmacy. I could tell she was suprised and was tring to seem like she wasn't. She was probably confused a guy like me is getting this stuff (I'm tall, I have a deep voice, thick beard and was wearing a plaid shirt old jeans and baseball hat.) and she's probably thinking this guy is going to make a really bad girl. God that was akward. I guess I'll have to get used to it.

It's funny after talking to my doctor about this he said "I didnt think you were so vain" But really I'm not and never have been. I just want to look normal and blend in I dont want to be ugly is all. If I had a nice round head shape I wouldnt care so much but I know I wont look right bald.

Anyways my Doctor is a really cool guy and I respect him a lot. He gave me a prescription for 2.5mg estrogel per day and 50 mg cypro per day for 3 months. I think I'm going to start off with half of those dosages but it's nice to have the option to move up if needed. Well wish me luck I hope I grow hair before I grow tits. I cant believe this is my life now.

Bridgeburn a question for you. I have diffuse thinning and the only realy bare parts are my temples. I find it akward to apply the estrogel without wasting it on my existing hair. Should I just apply it to my temples for now and maybe my thining forlock? the rest seems like it would be really hard to apply without wasting a bunch.

Kornel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I decided to stop taking spironolactone and start taking cypro. The spironolactone was really drying my skin out and started giiving my face a sunken eyed hollowed out look like a zombie. I found out that its a common side effect of spironolactone and no matter how much water I drank it kept getting worse. So my doctor gave me a prescription today for cypro but my pharmacy wont have any until monday.

My doctor also gave me a priscription for estrogel today. It was super embarrassing asking for it and even more embarrassing getting it from the girl at the pharmacy. I could tell she was suprised and was tring to seem like she wasn't. She was probably confused a guy like me is getting this stuff (I'm tall, I have a deep voice, thick beard and was wearing a plaid shirt old jeans and baseball hat.) and she's probably thinking this guy is going to make a really bad girl. God that was akward. I guess I'll have to get used to it.

It's funny after talking to my doctor about this he said "I didnt think you were so vain" But really I'm not and never have been. I just want to look normal and blend in I dont want to be ugly is all. If I had a nice round head shape I wouldnt care so much but I know I wont look right bald.

Anyways my Doctor is a really cool guy and I respect him a lot. He gave me a prescription for 2.5mg estrogel per day and 50 mg cypro per day for 3 months. I think I'm going to start off with half of those dosages but it's nice to have the option to move up if needed. Well wish me luck I hope I grow hair before I grow tits. I cant believe this is my life now.

Bridgeburn a question for you. I have diffuse thinning and the only realy bare parts are my temples. I find it akward to apply the estrogel without wasting it on my existing hair. Should I just apply it to my temples for now and maybe my thining forlock? the rest seems like it would be really hard to apply without wasting a bunch.

How long did you take spironolactone? Was it effective in terms of halting hair loss/promoting hair growth? Have you consider trying lower dose like 100 mg?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did you take spironolactone? Was it effective in terms of halting hair loss/promoting hair growth? Have you consider trying lower dose like 100 mg?

I was only on spironolactone for a month and a half. I continued to lose hair but I stopped to soon to see if it would be effective. I didnt consider a lower dose because it seems to me that people who get the sunken eye look from spironolactone get it in some form no matter the dose.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
and just came back balder than a year aog that would have been 5 times more noticeable - human nature eh.
True. My family used to point out my hairline/ baldness. They don't do that anymore at least.
When do we get a pic update
I'll update after I fly back home

The only ones here who has noticed anything is my cousin and grandma.. and my uncle if you count him thinking my hair is dyed. my gma seems to think I used to have more muscle. which could be true but Idk, I never thought it was much different.

yeah if i show anyone an old pic, even if they knew me back then, They don't remember me being that bald.

sometimes I'm feeling down and even I need to look back at old pics to fully re-realize how far I came.