Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the theory behind this combination? From my short experience just with progesterone solo for improving sleep 10 mg/day work better that 50 mg/day. Increased dosage gives me more "agression" and it's hard to fall asleep.
I've taken small doses of P in the past, and the time I was on it I felt scalp activity, which I conclude is hair growth. Recently, I took it for 3 weeks, to finish off the left over I had, twice a week 100mg (small dose) and felt that scalp activity again. Maybe this will be the thing for me.
1618675262258.png

I know this fellow was using P, in addition to other things, but had good success with the frontal area.
As for Bica, it seems to be a good alternative to CPA, which I don't like because it disturbs my sleep at night. I have heard when you get older and T levels drops you don't sleep as well. I also heard when guys get on TRT they sleep better again. So maybe it has nothing to do with aggression but T levels affect your internal clock.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
My theory is if you suppress T in a male using E or CPA, then get off, the T will shoot back with a vengeance. It's the opposite of a body builder taking T, it makes the endocrine system lazy and shuts down normal T production. Then it maybe never come back, which means TRT for the rest of your life.

Another note, in my 4 month cycle I taper down the AA's in the last month bringing the T back and my hair quality feels and looks good. My theory is T is good for a short time but not a long time. And think the surge back in T brings with it growth hormone which plays a part in boosting hair. I would post a pic of one FtM transition, but can't post a photo for some reason.

Also consider how a teenagers hair gets thicker and fuller going through puberty, when the male hormones kick in.
Since pictures seem to be working today, here is the FtM I was talking about.
When asked how T affected your hair:
1618675546344.png

This is what happened to me when I hit puberty, my fine hair turned thicker, courser and curly.

Last edited:

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, there are changes, probably around 13 years old. This is when most of us have to start washing our hair almost every day so it could be that at first, increased sebum makes hair look nicer and "thicker" in a certain sense but my feeling is more so that as soon as puberty hits, it's downhill from there on but maybe there is a point, for me around 17 years old where we could freeze things and have benefits without progressing further. But we don't know, do we?
I would say peak hair happens age 15-16, after that it's down hill for everyone, just different rates at which people recede and thin.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've taken small doses of P in the past, and the time I was on it I felt scalp activity, which I conclude is hair growth. Recently, I took it for 3 weeks, to finish off the left over I had, twice a week 100mg (small dose) and felt that scalp activity again. Maybe this will be the thing for me.
View attachment 160855
I know this fellow was using P, in addition to other things, but had good success with the frontal area.
As for Bica, it seems to be a good alternative to CPA, which I don't like because it disturbs my sleep at night. I have heard when you get older and T levels drops you don't sleep as well. I also heard when guys get on TRT they sleep better again. So maybe it has nothing to do with aggression but T levels affect your internal clock.
Are you mike? German? Lol

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just gonna assume that my liver is fine cause I feel fine :S I don't want to take blood tests, if I die I die, whatever.

Also for the others, I've only been on injections and duta for 2 months, so most of my progress is just from sublingual e + bica + finasteride.
I was 4 months on e + bica + finasteride with good regrowth, then 3 months only on e + bica and HUGE stall no progress at all, now injections + bica + duta with huge regrowth again.
So it's not so much about the injections I feel, just STAY ON finasteride/dutasteride

Buy a pill cutter and you can cut anything. I get my bica from otokonoko. It's $1 per 50mg
Some pills are gel caps with liquid, can't cut those.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you mike? German? Lol
No I'm not likeMike - I know he hasn't been around for awhile. I remember his last words were something when you go off this stuff you are going to feel and look like and old man. I assume he was talking from experience.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh whoops,
No I'm not likeMike - I know he hasn't been around for awhile. I remember his last words were something when you go off this stuff you are going to feel and look like and old man. I assume he was talking from experience.
I wasn't reading the bottom part, last paragraph, alright! :)

Nimos0651

My Regimen
Reaction score
They are not sensitive to T and DHT, but they are sensitive to E, which is produced due to the conversion of T to E

Bicalutamide does a similar job: it turns off androgen receptors, but increases E.This, in a sense, brings you back to adolescence.
Bicalutamide is an ideal medicine, but the E it gives is not enough to restore the follicles. It is necessary to restore with high dosages of E, and then maintain the result with Bicalutamide. I plan on getting my hair back in my teenage time 14-15 years old, that's my goal
Any photo updates? Today marks 3 months in my regimen I can post photos later

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since pictures seem to be working today, here is the FtM I was talking about.
When asked how T affected your hair:
View attachment 160856

This is what happened to me when I hit puberty, my fine hair turned thicker, courser and curly.

Examples like this are why I am starting to believe that an individual's ratios of aromatization is even more important than we've thought. Some people have taken tons of 5ARI+AAs and still don't really see regrowth.

This also brings up the epitestosterone thing that @whatevr always talks about.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also had such thoughts, but an altruist woke up in me. I want to help people if I can
The problem with minoxidil is that it doesn't stop the progression of baldness, but makes you feel like you're doing well. But it won't last forever
I just more and more want to look and act like Barbie since I started shooting for ultra-high estrogen levels.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on this?
Marky and I already had exactly this same conversation lol, that's how I first knew he was funny. I think that I am getting cuter but FtM's their hair is sort of going the other direction towards boy band hair but I am pretty high too.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on this?
When I started on this stuff I noticed these sensations on my scalp randomly throughout the day. It's hard to describe but it's like:
-hairs parting as a new one is sprouting, mostly mid scalp and crown area
-a 4 legged bug walking pushing hairs aside, mostly mid scalp and crown area
-numbness in certain areas - mostly forelock. I remember bridge also described this one.

I work in a cubicle so you can imagine these wonderful sensations throughout the day to add some excitement and put a smile on your face. They can last 1-3 seconds. The longest one was a one time 7 secs, I thought a bean stock was growing out of my head.

When you start a drug it's efficacy is strongest at the beginning, that's when I was feeling the above the most. As time went on it was less as I assume efficacy wears off. And this is one case in point why cycling is important so your body doesn't adapt to current regime. Also increasing the dose and trying other things, then coming back to the old things.

Recently when I threw in P to finish off an old batch I had I was feeling the above again more frequently. So it gave me the idea that maybe P should get more credit then we give it. I believe someone here attested to P being effective for the stubborn temple area - we'll see, as in my next cycle I plan to take P more seriously, and cut back on some of the other stuff my body has already made it's gains from. Will throw in bica too, makes sense to use. And since bica and dutasteride might not go well together I figure maybe dutasteride only twice a week. I always make the plan in advance and put it out on a Excel spreadsheet - what, how much and when. This way you are tracking everything and how you are responding. I firmly believe for each person it's about finding the right mix in terms of your individual biochemistry. This will save money, over doing it, and your organs having to process this stuff.

Last edited:

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Examples like this are why I am starting to believe that an individual's ratios of aromatization is even more important than we've thought. Some people have taken tons of 5ARI+AAs and still don't really see regrowth.

This also brings up the epitestosterone thing that @whatevr always talks about.
Can you elaborate on this, I seem to have missed this whole topic - epitestosterone?

Last edited:

CrushG

My Regimen
Reaction score

100 md quite a big dose, imo :). Did you have any side effects from this, like decreased libido, for example? Thanks!

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it realistic to reduce T from 1200-1500 ng / dL to 800, and have a sufficient E level for hair to grow? I wonder if you can get the benefits of T and E at the same time. If Bicalutamide does not help me, I will have to use HRT on an ongoing basis, and I do not want to lose muscle and change my body and face, which will lead to body dysmorphic disorder.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it realistic to reduce T from 1200-1500 ng / dL to 800, and have a sufficient E level for hair to grow? I wonder if you can get the benefits of T and E at the same time. If Bicalutamide does not help me, I will have to use HRT on an ongoing basis, and I do not want to lose muscle and change my body and face, which will lead to body dysmorphic disorder.
From my point of view, no. You either need T or E. On HRT you can't have testosterone, it's like estrogens are blocking your nuts to produce T, over time this can have a permanent effect (atrophism). Unbalanced sex hormones can lead to some problems, including * hair loss * lol.

A person needs to have a dominant sex hormone.

In conclusion; you can't have your cake and eat it too. Lol