Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't been on oral minoxidil for long enough to gauge its effectiveness. Dermarolling won't boost oral minoxidil effectiveness. You would need topical for that to be absorbed by the wounds. You don't need a minoxidil boost. 10mg is already a very high dose for MBP. 5mg is the limit for baldness in the literature.

Yeah i have read studies that use only 0.6mg oral minoxidil and still getting success, but other than water retention i don't get any sides from 10mg so im just sticking with it. Think i might drop the topical beginning of next year when i either restart spironolactone or perhaps try bica, not sure yet.

Brenna

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think the majority on here on HRT consider themselves trans, just men desperate to get their back no matter the cost, there are some on this board that would label you a tranny for even contemplating spironolactone, hell i have seen people accuse people who use finasteride as using tranny medication.

It's ironic huh? Some cis men can apparently have their libido killed and start to get mild gyno just from finasteride, while we can go on full HRT and have completely intact libidos, just minus random erections.

I maintain my belief that a significant chunk of people who report negative side effects from finasteride are having psychosomatic reactions, rather than real ones.

You are officially a transgender woman with limp dick and big boobs! Now, just wait for all the hate you will get from the anti-finasteride cult

lmao

Is gyno inevitable with this regiment? How come transgender people often don't get boobs with similar hrt?

Breast growth is complicated, and a significant chunk of medical literature (and doctors) don't know anything about how to do proper HRT. Supposedly spironolactone can halt breast growth prematurely, but all the things I've heard about that are ancedotal, and some of my friends were on spironolactone and are still rather big.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's ironic huh? Some cis men can apparently have their libido killed and start to get mild gyno just from finasteride, while we can go on full HRT and have completely intact libidos, just minus random erections.

I maintain my belief that a significant chunk of people who report negative side effects from finasteride are having psychosomatic reactions, rather than real ones.

lmao

Breast growth is complicated, and a significant chunk of medical literature (and doctors) don't know anything about how to do proper HRT. Supposedly spironolactone can halt breast growth prematurely, but all the things I've heard about that are ancedotal, and some of my friends were on spironolactone and are still rather big.

I find it interesting how it's people who never have used these extreme regimens preach the most about its side effects... In fact, the side effects seem to be a hit or miss; some transgender women don't even experience breast growth on estradiol, and it's disheartening for them. In fact, there was one person on this thread some months ago who was using 4mg/day of estradiol and wasn't experiencing gynecomastia, and it wasn't shocking to me since out of many people using estradiol, some are bound to not experience breast growth.

Brenna

My Regimen
Reaction score
I find it interesting how it's people who never have used these extreme regimens preach the most about its side effects... In fact, the side effects seem to be a hit or miss; some transgender women don't even experience breast growth on estradiol, and it's disheartening for them. In fact, there was one person on this thread some months ago who was using 4mg/day of estradiol and wasn't experiencing gynecomastia, and it wasn't shocking to me since out of many people using estradiol, some are bound to not experience breast growth.

To be fair, that's more due to how awful doctors tend to be in understanding HRT. About 1/3rd of people seem to have a quirk of biochemistry that converts the majority of say, sublingual estradiol into estrone (which is dramatically less effective), but this fact is virtually unknown among supposed healthcare providers focused on this thing. There are even some who don't know to prescribe bioidentical medications, or who think that estradiol tablets should be swallowed (bad bad bad) rather than dissolved under the tongue (if micronized).

It's entirely that person could have been having poor effects because of the above reasons, or any number of other reasons. Doctors are sh*t yo.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess we can only hope that you do look like that, in that case!

But, no one is talking about what women want from straight men. We are talking about feminine and neotenic men booking modelling/beauty campaigns, whilst masculine men are struggling. Most of us aren’t transgender, including myself, since you have to have gender dysphoria to be transgender. Nonetheless, we have had enough of people like you coming to this thread just to debate; this thread is one thread out of thousands discussing such regimens, yet you feel as if this thread is damaging.

What progress do we have to make when we aren’t transgender? In fact, maybe you should focus on making progress with your arguments because they seem as if they sprouted out of your ***.

I don't what you call yourself, and I don't what anybody else wants to do. I just don't appreciate your hostility towards those of us who are straight and masculine. You don't have to like it, but you need to accept it.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think the majority on here on HRT consider themselves trans, just men desperate to get their back no matter the cost, there are some on this board that would label you a tranny for even contemplating spironolactone, hell i have seen people accuse people who use finasteride as using tranny medication.

I don't care if anybody is trans, non-binary, just trying to get their hair back, or anything else. I'm talking about the couple of people who are openly hostile towards people who don't want to be like them, namely Ikarus. You don't see us non-androgynous cis men insulting them for their choices, but they are constantly insulting us because we don't want to feminize ourselves, we just want hair.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't care if anybody is trans, non-binary, just trying to get their hair back, or anything else. I'm talking about the couple of people who are openly hostile towards people who don't want to be like them, namely Ikarus. You don't see us non-androgynous cis men insulting them for their choices, but they are constantly insulting us because we don't want to feminize ourselves, we just want hair.
With all due respect, i've seen insults flow both ways. Maybe not from yourself, but there's been no shortage of people coming into this thread to call people freaks, trannys, mentally ill, etc. So it's not a stretch to imagine why a few members might constantly be on the defensive. That said, I think anyone should be able to openly exchange ideas regardless of their personal goals, as long it's done respectfully. We all came to this site ultimately for the same reasons, even if some aspects of it diverge.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't what you call yourself, and I don't what anybody else wants to do. I just don't appreciate your hostility towards those of us who are straight and masculine. You don't have to like it, but you need to accept it.

And I don’t appreciate the hostility from the straight and masculine; have you not seen the dozens pages of comments from ObsoluteTinker and his several alt accounts? In fact, the hostility from the straight and masculine is significantly worse, with these people going out of their way to create alt accounts just to attack us.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Me? Hostile? Neverrrrrrrr :eek:

This is the sort of hate I get from the straight and masculine:

65D3EFB7-813A-4629-9DE4-7D26008E6F31.png

4A569939-7E9C-408B-95FC-1EE9BD9C59A9.png

BB37A16E-D6E3-4665-904A-0B35A3BAA313.jpeg

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder what happened to dhtcell, he doesn't seem like the type to give up, im sure has alt accounts and is posting on here right now....creepy. lol Yeah you have received alot of bad abuse my members on this site, at least it didn't drive you away like they intended it to though.

There have been members in PMs who ask me to join the discord server, and it’s making me have suspicions about any newly joined members... I can feel that within Hemingway’s discord server, they are bashing me and wanting to get ‘revenge’ somehow.

Salvador Adam Llopis

My Regimen
Reaction score
There have been members in PMs who ask me to join the discord server, and it’s making me have suspicions about any newly joined members... I can feel that within Hemingway’s discord server, they are bashing me and wanting to get ‘revenge’ somehow.
I am one of those members. I have been reading for several months and that's why I decided to create an account. I am a real user and I don't want to have problems with anyone here LOL

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
True, it's both sides, I don't agree with people imo potentially risking their health and taking hormone altering drugs to save their hair but hey live and let live.

We're fighting the same enemy, hairloss. We're all brothers (some sisters) in the end.

If you went back say 15 years or so you’d find that yes, there was a huge brotherhood on the forum and everyone was supporting each other. Not the case anymore unfortunately, it’s just hate and insults on forums now mostly.

HLV

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You’ll quickly realise that Ikarus is one of the most controversial posters on this forums. I’ve lost count of the amount of people who have clashed with him previously, myself included.

Luckily this forum isn’t my life like it is with some others so I don’t put much weight on what goes on here, although I still try and get along with everybody.

HLV

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’ll quickly realise that Ikarus is one of the most controversial posters on this forums. I’ve lost count of the amount of people who have clashed with him previously, myself included.

Luckily this forum isn’t my life like it is with some others so I don’t put much weight on what goes on here, although I still try and get along with everybody.

HLV
How's your hair today HLV? I see you've been fighting the fight for 13 years. Better off than when you started?

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How's your hair today HLV? I see you've been fighting the fight for 13 years. Better off than when you started?

Thanks for question. I jumped on meds at first sign of hairloss but stopped Finasteride after three years which meant losing much of the hair Finasteride had kept.

Had FUE with a very skilled surgeon and had excellent results although I need to sort out my crown. Apart from the crown I’m very pleased with the results although I’ve also been using Minoxidil for almost 6 years now and nizoral once or twice a week.

What’s quite funny is that because I’ve had FUE there are some individuals on here who believe my opinion on hairloss isn’t relevant. Makes no sense but welcome to the forums I guess.

HLV

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for question. I jumped on meds at first sign of hairloss but stopped Finasteride after three years which meant losing much of the hair Finasteride had kept.

Had FUE with a very skilled surgeon and had excellent results although I need to sort out my crown. Apart from the crown I’m very pleased with the results although I’ve also been using Minoxidil for almost 6 years now and nizoral once or twice a week.

What’s quite funny is that because I’ve had FUE there are some individuals on here who believe my opinion on hairloss isn’t relevant. Makes no sense but welcome to the forums I guess.

HLV
Why did you stop Finasteride? And may i ask how old you where when your hairloss started?
Good results with minoxidil?
So when you have en hair transplant, you aren't allowed to comment or give advice on hairloss? That's the stupiest thing i've ever heard.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why did you stop Finasteride? And may i ask how old you where when your hairloss started?
Good results with minoxidil?
So when you have en hair transplant, you aren't allowed to comment or give advice on hairloss? That's the stupiest thing i've ever heard.

Tell that to Ikarus hahaha. I stopped Finasteride because of side effects when I combined it with other oral medications. I started Finasteride in my teens. Minoxidil works well but it’s effect decreases over the years.

I see you’re also on Finasteride. Honestly for the majority of men Finasteride will keep most of their hair. It does work.

HLV

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am one of those members. I have been reading for several months and that's why I decided to create an account. I am a real user and I don't want to have problems with anyone here LOL

It’s definitely difficult to trust people, especially after some situations.

If you went back say 15 years or so you’d find that yes, there was a huge brotherhood on the forum and everyone was supporting each other. Not the case anymore unfortunately, it’s just hate and insults on forums now mostly.

HLV

Brotherhood, :confused::eek:

HLV

;)

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tell that to Ikarus hahaha. I stopped Finasteride because of side effects when I combined it with other oral medications. I started Finasteride in my teens. Minoxidil works well but it’s effect decreases over the years.

I see you’re also on Finasteride. Honestly for the majority of men Finasteride will keep most of their hair. It does work.

HLV

I mean, if you have had a hair transplant for your hair loss, then how can you give help regarding methodology for others? It’s better to take advice from those with experience, especially with certain individuals pulling the side effect profile from WebMD and conclude that those are the certain side effects.