Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, if you have had a hair transplant for your hair loss, then how can you give help regarding methodology for others? It’s better to take advice from those with experience, especially with certain individuals pulling the side effect profile from WebMD and conclude that those are the certain side effects.

Well I mean like i stated before, I’m not here to argue with anyone. I’ve always found it a bit strange that you mentioned the hours you spend researching hairloss etc, but can I ask what you thought I did when I started noticing hairloss?

I did the exact same thing you’re doing now. I researched the crap out of it, reading studies and reading books on the subject. And this was way before you started experiencing hairloss yourself.

If my opinion is considered invalid on here because I had FUE, I’m actually ok with that because as I stated, this forum isn’t a big part of my life, but I will say I’ve been battling hairloss for 13 years. You’d imagine I know at least a thing or two about hairloss at this point, but to each their own I guess.

HLV

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish I had done the same thing. I got a prescription for nizoral which worked at first, but when my hair loss got worse I did nothing else because I just assumed propecia and rogaine didn't do enough to make a cosmetic difference. I read far enough to see that minoxidil only worked on the crown where I didn't have any hair loss. By the time it got bad enough that I looked more into it it was too late to save my hairline.

Minoxidil works everywhere as I’m sure you know. The only reason they say it only works on the crown is because they only tested it there.
It regrows hair everywhere. It did for me as well.

HLV

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, obviously I know that now. Unfortunately it's too late now since my original hairline is slick bald for a good half inch and has been for years.

Sorry to hear that. Hindsight is 20/20.

HLV

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish Itchy was still here; I have some questions regarding Lupron, and he seems to be the only user of it here. I might eventually have to stop using bicalutamide and opt for other anti-androgens since some are easier to prescribe than others.

Brenna

My Regimen
Reaction score
There have been members in PMs who ask me to join the discord server, and it’s making me have suspicions about any newly joined members... I can feel that within Hemingway’s discord server, they are bashing me and wanting to get ‘revenge’ somehow.

It's blowing my mind that a hair loss forum has so much drama going on lol

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish I had done the same thing. I got a prescription for nizoral which worked at first, but when my hair loss got worse I did nothing else because I just assumed propecia and rogaine didn't do enough to make a cosmetic difference. I read far enough to see that minoxidil only worked on the crown where I didn't have any hair loss. By the time it got bad enough that I looked more into it it was too late to save my hairline.
Cyproterone Acetate 12.5mg + finasteride+ E (1mg or so). spironolactone (50mg sometimes for its diuretic effects).

No sides. Libido still high as f***. Having sex with my partner everyday. No feminization as such. Just slight gyno in one nipple. Harder to gain muscle but I'm not looking into it rn.

Salvador Adam Llopis

My Regimen
Reaction score
what you guys think about enzalutamide? it seems be more effective than bicalutamide and " Competitively inhibits the binding of androgens to androgenic receptors, inhibits the nuclear translocation of activated receptors and inhibits the association of the activated androgenic receptor with DNA, even when the androgenic receptor is overexpressed"
in terms of safety is similar to bicalutamide "no evidence of hepatotoxicity or elevated liver enzymes in association with enzalutamide treatment in clinical trials". However "enzalutamide is a strong inducer of CYP3A4 and a moderate inducer of CYP2C9 and CYP2C19 and poses a high risk of major drug interactions (CYP3A4 alone being involved in the metabolism of approximately 50 to 60% of clinically important drugs)"

anyone have tried this or know more info about this?

Jordaniel

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think many people have generally become more unhappy and anger (hate filled) as technology, lack of outside (sunlight) and other gross factors of modern life has become ingrained into daily life. Especially with the balding crowd. I was pretty disturbingly irrate myself in the past and it didn't really feel like I had much control over it. But finasteride side effects (and drugs in general) were my problem. But even before that, I feel like something was off.

Brenna

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cyproterone Acetate 12.5mg + finasteride+ E (1mg or so). spironolactone (50mg sometimes for its diuretic effects).

No sides. Libido still high as f***. Having sex with my partner everyday. No feminization as such. Just slight gyno in one nipple. Harder to gain muscle but I'm not looking into it rn.

Why are you taking cypro and spironolactone at the same time? 12mg cypro is a good dose (normally for HRT it starts at about 25mg and scales down over time as T is brought under control) but 50mg spironolactone is pointless. Why on earth would you take it for its diuretic effects? You are essentially stacking side effects for no real gain. Especially depending on your age.

Looking through the thread it seems a lot of people here stack medicines in ways that are pointless or harmful. People taking oral estradiol and also rubbing gel on their scalp (lol) and other bizarre choices. I'm not sure if these things are due to lack of knowledge on HRT or just desperation.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you taking cypro and spironolactone at the same time? 12mg cypro is a good dose (normally for HRT it starts at about 25mg and scales down over time as T is brought under control) but 50mg spironolactone is pointless. Why on earth would you take it for its diuretic effects? You are essentially stacking side effects for no real gain. Especially depending on your age.

Looking through the thread it seems a lot of people here stack medicines in ways that are pointless or harmful. People taking oral estradiol and also rubbing gel on their scalp (lol) and other bizarre choices. I'm not sure if these things are due to lack of knowledge on HRT or just desperation.

Yup. And if you try and point that out the majority of individuals get hostile.

HLV

Thatguy0

My Regimen
Reaction score
i went to over 10 pharmacies and i couldn't find neither Oestrogel, Estrofem.nor estradiol. i found this, is it good alongside my 200mg spironolactone?
dGnVLuo.jpg

i'm looking to add small dose of estrogen to guarantee improvements to my hair, been taking spironolactone for a month and half with just weak side effects that i dont mind.

thanks.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I know I know. I'm fortunate that I have both visible zygos (cheekbones) and jawline. But when I'm bloated these become invisible and I look like a potato. That's why I take spironolactone since it removes excess water. I don't take it for its AA benefits.

Agree on other parts.

Lol at HLV being too desperate to prove his points. No bro - I haven't gotten hostile.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How's that working for you?
I haven't lost any further ground since starting the treatment. Earlier I was on spironolactone and finasteride but dropped spironolactone since it would tire me out at 200mg and I wasn't getting visible regrowth either.

Switched to cypro just 2-3 weeks ago, let me see. Started E at the same time.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't lost any further ground since starting the treatment. Earlier I was on spironolactone and finasteride but dropped spironolactone since it would tire me out at 200mg and I wasn't getting visible regrowth either.

Switched to cypro just 2-3 weeks ago, let me see. Started E at the same time.
E orally? At what dose?

salvaboro

My Regimen
Reaction score
Enzalutamide is prescription only and costs almost $8,000 per month.
Oh okay.. there is any other way to block dht and not by the use of finas + dutas. I am in those meds for years and I think my body have certain tolerance or it's upregulated.

I am in a similar regimen to some of us: 50 mg bica + 6 estradiol + dutas + finas and I still have hairs thining.. so thinking what could I do since my testo levels are less than 30 ng/dl and estradiol 190 pg/ml..
So not sure if I am wo sensitive to dht or another issue. I have high levels of ferritine (500) when the maximum accepted should be 300, so.. any advice??
Thanka

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Breast growth is complicated, and a significant chunk of medical literature (and doctors) don't know anything about how to do proper HRT. Supposedly spironolactone can halt breast growth prematurely, but all the things I've heard about that are ancedotal, and some of my friends were on spironolactone and are still rather big.
There's a study that links trans women on spironolactone as more likely to get breast implants. The study postulates it's due to spironolactone likely stunting breast growth, but obviously correlation doesn't exactly equal causation, so it could have surely been other factors as well. A few other studies, however, have shown that spironolactone may actually interfere with estrogen receptors so that may be the potential cause as well.
Oh okay.. there is any other way to block dht and not by the use of finas + dutas. I am in those meds for years and I think my body have certain tolerance or it's upregulated.

I am in a similar regimen to some of us: 50 mg bica + 6 estradiol + dutas + finas and I still have hairs thining.. so thinking what could I do since my testo levels are less than 30 ng/dl and estradiol 190 pg/ml..
So not sure if I am wo sensitive to dht or another issue. I have high levels of ferritine (500) when the maximum accepted should be 300, so.. any advice??
Thanka
Have you had your DHT levels tested? I would think it's unlikely for them to be at all significant given your regimen.