Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you taking cypro and spironolactone at the same time? 12mg cypro is a good dose (normally for HRT it starts at about 25mg and scales down over time as T is brought under control) but 50mg spironolactone is pointless. Why on earth would you take it for its diuretic effects? You are essentially stacking side effects for no real gain. Especially depending on your age.

Looking through the thread it seems a lot of people here stack medicines in ways that are pointless or harmful. People taking oral estradiol and also rubbing gel on their scalp (lol) and other bizarre choices. I'm not sure if these things are due to lack of knowledge on HRT or just desperation.

I think those who put it on their scalps mainly want to maintain their male traits, so they believe that applying it topically with preserve that.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh okay.. there is any other way to block dht and not by the use of finas + dutas. I am in those meds for years and I think my body have certain tolerance or it's upregulated.

I am in a similar regimen to some of us: 50 mg bica + 6 estradiol + dutas + finas and I still have hairs thining.. so thinking what could I do since my testo levels are less than 30 ng/dl and estradiol 190 pg/ml..
So not sure if I am wo sensitive to dht or another issue. I have high levels of ferritine (500) when the maximum accepted should be 300, so.. any advice??
Thanka

Can we see your hair? You should not be losing any hair on a regimen like that, especially since your testosterone levels are near-castration levels, where any conversion to DHT should have no effect on your body nonetheless.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you taking cypro and spironolactone at the same time? 12mg cypro is a good dose (normally for HRT it starts at about 25mg and scales down over time as T is brought under control) but 50mg spironolactone is pointless. Why on earth would you take it for its diuretic effects? You are essentially stacking side effects for no real gain. Especially depending on your age.

Looking through the thread it seems a lot of people here stack medicines in ways that are pointless or harmful. People taking oral estradiol and also rubbing gel on their scalp (lol) and other bizarre choices. I'm not sure if these things are due to lack of knowledge on HRT or just desperation.

I believe he is taking oral minoxidil, the 50mg spironolactone is probably for the diuretic effects, i put on 11/12lbs of water weight on oral minoxidil.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think those who put it on their scalps mainly want to maintain their male traits, so they believe that applying it topically with preserve that.
Or perhaps the belief is that it might be more effective locally on follicles. But the gel is made to go systemic so likely will regardless of application site. And it's efficacy is debatable whether its a secondary effect of its gonadotropin effects or from binding to ERb in scalp (or combo thereof), or something else entirely.

salvaboro

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can we see your hair? You should not be losing any hair on a regimen like that, especially since your testosterone levels are near-castration levels, where any conversion to DHT should have no effect on your body nonetheless.
You can tell Bridge through pm and he will send to you if you want.
I prefer to not be public in forums forums like this.

The problem is that my hair follicles maybe are so sensitive, I have dupa patern.. even sides and back of my hair presents miniaturization, so that's why I need to be in a extrem regimen.

I have not checked my dht levels because in the place where I check it is not available. But my fsh and lh is low too (<0.3 mui/ml)

The problem ia that even a small quantity of dht can affect my follicle I guess..
I am 29 y.o, and I have been on finasteride 9 years and dutas for 3 years, then with this regimen.. but I think the meds for dht are not working anymore like before..

One question I would like to know is about something I think is related with hairloss: the hair we grow when we are babies.

When I was born, it took 5 years to grow hair, and the hair that didn't grow so thick was the first I have lost during my 20's.. so I don't know if someone thinks the same, that relation maybe sounds crazy, but if being a baby I needed so many years to grow hair, maybe I need to stay on a extreme regimen for a lot of time.. it's all I can say.

I think I will take cypro 12.5 every other day, with bicalutamide 50 mg like I am doing before, to see if my testo can be decreased a little bit more

Brenna

My Regimen
Reaction score

These dudes don't seem to understand the basics of human biology then. When a medicine delivered via gel or patch is absorbed, it circulates throught the entire body, there is no "spot dosing" with things like this. If there was estradiol patches would be entirely ineffective and never be prescribed then.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
These dudes don't seem to understand the basics of human biology then. When a medicine delivered via gel or patch is absorbed, it circulates throught the entire body, there is no "spot dosing" with things like this. If there was estradiol patches would be entirely ineffective and never be prescribed then.

Obviously it still goes systemic, just like any other topical. Still it is more targeted than using it orally. Topical minoxidil still can cause heart palpitations, but not as much as oral. I'm using topical estriol on my scalp and face. It makes my skin smoother everywhere, but not as much as where I apply it.

Jordaniel

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is o
Obviously it still goes systemic, just like any other topical. Still it is more targeted than using it orally. Topical minoxidil still can cause heart palpitations, but not as much as oral. I'm using topical estriol on my scalp and face. It makes my skin smoother everywhere, but not as much as where I apply it.

Most people use oestrogel though. I found a study using conjugated estrogen (premarin cream) that showed no adverse side effects besides slightly elevated estrogen (still within normal range). This is the route I will be trying. I haven't seen much talk about premarin.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is o

Most people use oestrogel though. I found a study using conjugated estrogen (premarin cream) that showed no adverse side effects besides slightly elevated estrogen (still within normal range). This is the route I will be trying. I haven't seen much talk about premarin.
Well premarin is made from horse urine and is a somewhat outdated form of estrogen, which is why its not used much. The older studies on estrogen supplementation that linked it to an increased risk of DVT or other clotting were done primarily with premarin.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can tell Bridge through pm and he will send to you if you want.
I prefer to not be public in forums forums like this.

The problem is that my hair follicles maybe are so sensitive, I have dupa patern.. even sides and back of my hair presents miniaturization, so that's why I need to be in a extrem regimen.

I have not checked my dht levels because in the place where I check it is not available. But my fsh and lh is low too (<0.3 mui/ml)

The problem ia that even a small quantity of dht can affect my follicle I guess..
I am 29 y.o, and I have been on finasteride 9 years and dutas for 3 years, then with this regimen.. but I think the meds for dht are not working anymore like before..

One question I would like to know is about something I think is related with hairloss: the hair we grow when we are babies.

When I was born, it took 5 years to grow hair, and the hair that didn't grow so thick was the first I have lost during my 20's.. so I don't know if someone thinks the same, that relation maybe sounds crazy, but if being a baby I needed so many years to grow hair, maybe I need to stay on a extreme regimen for a lot of time.. it's all I can say.

I think I will take cypro 12.5 every other day, with bicalutamide 50 mg like I am doing before, to see if my testo can be decreased a little bit more

What are you taking? Just finasteride and dutasteride? I thought you were taking '50 mg bica + 6 estradiol + dutas + finas', with such a regimen you should not have hair loss.

salvaboro

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are you taking? Just finasteride and dutasteride? I thought you were taking '50 mg bica + 6 estradiol + dutas + finas', with such a regimen you should not have hair loss.
No, no. I am in hrt regimen. Before that I took finas and dutas, since my 20's, now I am 29

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, no. I am in hrt regimen. Before that I took finas and dutas, since my 20's, now I am 29
Your hair are just falling and coming back or falling and not coming back?

Unless you have reverse androgenicity, the latter one isn't possible on HRT.

Thatguy0

My Regimen
Reaction score
i went to over 10 pharmacies and i couldn't find neither Oestrogel, Estrofem.nor estradiol. i found this, is it good alongside my 200mg spironolactone?
View attachment 132465
i'm looking to add small dose of estrogen to guarantee improvements to my hair, been taking spironolactone for a month and half with just weak side effects that i dont mind.

thanks.
is this a good substitute for estradiol?

Thatguy0

My Regimen
Reaction score
it is estradiol. 2mg in fact, along with 1mg cypro. That's essentially a form of birth control (and postmenopausal hrt).
it's not estradiol, i couldn't find any pharmacy that sells estradiol and my country has strict importing laws so i can't order it online neither.
will it be safe to take with or without spironolactone?

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it's not estradiol, i couldn't find any pharmacy that sells estradiol and my country has strict importing laws so i can't order it online neither.
Which country would that be?

Brenna

My Regimen
Reaction score

Generally speaking estradiol without an AA is pointless.

Thatguy0

My Regimen
Reaction score
i just checked posts from couple pages ago. What's up with the toxic masculinity in this forum? it's one thing to see that in random threads but
to specifically target this thread despite it being a thread on treating baldness through HRT related remedies is ridiculous.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i just checked posts from couple pages ago. What's up with the toxic masculinity in this forum? it's one thing to see that in random threads but
to specifically target this thread despite it being a thread on treating baldness through HRT related remedies is ridiculous.
Don't take zinc if you're looking for regrowth.

Salvador Adam Llopis

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair are just falling and coming back or falling and not coming back?

Unless you have reverse androgenicity, the latter one isn't possible on HRT.
My pattern is strange. My problem is between the connection on the sides and the top, I have less density in those area and and the hair has a silvery or flattened color. As I said, my pattern will evolve in a similar way to the president of turkey Erdogan.

When I look pictures of my childhood I can see that pattern too, so that means my hair on these area is more sensitive. In addition, I think I have dupa in my hair, so I don't know if all the hair is influenced to minimization or not. Despite all, I have been fighting for 9 years and I am sure the culprit is the testosterone..if I have kept the hair (but reducing density) all this time.. with hrt I should keep the hair (if recovery is not possible).. because my testo levels are the same than I had with 5-9 years old..

When I see the hair falling I can see sometimes a difference of diameter between the root and the tip of hair.. you can see the transition of thickness. Sometimes the tip is thinner and the root is thicker, so that means the hair is getting healthier, but sometimes the thickness on the root is thinner than on top, so that shows the effect of dht..

I went to a surgeon for a hair transplant, for the disconnection between top and sides and he said it's not possible due to the damage he would do if he implants between native hair.. so maybe I have to wait more. I am trying to find info about scalp micropigmentation too because I think it's a good option.

I am sure the culprit is the sensibility against dht, more than the concentration.. but if testo is 30ng/dl, and the conversion into dht is around 5-10%, this is (1-3 ng/dl).. and I am sure not all this dht will be on scalp, but in other tissues as well.. so maybe I need hrt takes time because I have been 9 years fighting against this, and one year with hrt.. so the effect of hormones are permanent / semipermanent / reversible.. so we can just be waiting or decrease my testo levels adding 12.5 CPA to 50 bicalutamide every other day, or increase estradiol to 8 mg per day. Maybe I will include saw palmetto as well, with finas and dutas too