Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahah.. No mate. You and testosterone seem to hate each other. Anti-aging because of AMPK activation and some other functions prolly
I can't help but notice that many longevity treatments lower testosterone. ie. metformin, calorie restriction, rapomycin

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood me. Animal cows, bulls, and pigs forge testosterone. All animal husbandry in this is arranged. So that the animal quickly gains a lot of meat. Accordingly, androgens do not go away from meat

ugh iconic

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too! I was quite confused by it, mainly because she couldn't tell if she was having results or not. With men, it's a different situation since we respond better to hair loss medications evidently.
Lol yeah, she got all if her hair back in the end though it looks amazing.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With men, it's a different situation since we respond better to hair loss medications evidently.

Really, is that true? About 3 months in and things have only gone worse. Before treatment, I would only lose 5-30 hair but now I shed more than 100. Things seem to be improving though.

You have to remember women can take AAs easily - they won't have to turn into a male to preserve their hair whereas for us men... You know it.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really, is that true? About 3 months in and things have only gone worse. Before treatment, I would only lose 5-30 hair but now I shed more than 100. Things seem to be improving though.

You have to remember women can take AAs easily - they won't have to turn into a male to preserve their hair whereas for us men... You know it.

Women have it much worse, since they have a significantly greater sensitivity to androgens compared to us. It's harder to treat in a lot of cases, especially with the limited amount of medications which can be prescribed by doctors. I meant that men respond better to medications because we have a greater sensitivity to the effects of estrogen, which could explain why there are significantly more success stories of male anti-androgen users compared to female anti-androgen users, especially within shorter time-periods.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact is that in order to increase body weight, cattle are fed with supplements containing hormones. And 80% of the hormones that are added to feed pigs for a rapid increase in the number ... That is why it is during this period that an increase in body weight can be observed. Testosterone is used to increase body weight.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Women have it much worse, since they have a significantly greater sensitivity to androgens compared to us. It's harder to treat in a lot of cases, especially with the limited amount of medications which can be prescribed by doctors. I meant that men respond better to medications because we have a greater sensitivity to the effects of estrogen, which could explain why there are significantly more success stories of male anti-androgen users compared to female anti-androgen users, especially within shorter time-periods.
Makes sense. Thanks!

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never understood how the crown is easier to recover with meds, but the most difficult to recover with a transplant.
My Crown is the only part which isn't responding to spironolactone. I have started topical estradiol. It gives me racing hurt. I never knew that it's a possible side effect of estradiol.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My Crown is the only part which isn't responding to spironolactone. I have started topical estradiol. It gives me racing hurt. I never knew that it's a possible side effect of estradiol.
If that calcification/fibrosis theory is true, try stronger minoxidil solution. I wouldn't place much hopes on estradiol because it works only by going systematic. As for aromatase specifically on scalp, even alcohol in minoxidil does that. It is your wish however.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If that calcification/fibrosis theory is true, try stronger minoxidil solution. I wouldn't place much hopes on estradiol because it works only by going systematic. As for aromatase specifically on scalp, even alcohol in minoxidil does that. It is your wish however.
I am already drinking 0.5 ml minoxidil but to no avail.

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ein if you're still around, have you had your testosterone levels checked?
Nope, I haven't got any tests in forever. So, I can't attest to your claims. But I feel like I'm doing good. Also, a couple of days ago, I started using Estrogel (0.06%, meh) on my hairline and face, because even if my hairline is very round and low, it's not symmetrical and I've got a bunch of fuzzy hairs on the left side of my widow's peak and I want my hairline to come down to the lowest point of my widow's peak, even if it's like 50% scanty so I can use Dermmatch to make is symmetrical and awesome AF.
There's a concern though that's being raised lately about its metabolism to metabolites like estriol and estriol sulphate.
Anyone got any suggestions? (I know, I know, I'm being very petty, and I'm sorry for that.)

Last edited:

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No no, you'll have to apply it topically in the area where fibrosis has taken place, otherwise other treatments will not be that effective.
I used to apply 3 ml of minoxidil there for the last three years. I stopped topical minoxidil because it wasn't working.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, I haven't got any tests in forever. So, I can't attest to your claims. But I feel like I'm doing good. Also, a couple of days ago, I started using Estrogel (0.06%, meh) on my hairline and face, because even if my hairline is very round and low, it's not symmetrical and I've got a bunch of fuzzy hairs on the left side of my widow's peak and I want my hairline to come down to the lowest point of my widow's peak, even if it's like 50% scanty so I can use Dermmatch to make is symmetrical and awesome AF.
There's a concern though that's being raised lately about its metabolism to metabolites like estriol and estriol sulphate.
Anyone got any suggestions? (I know, I know, I'm being very Petty, and I'm sorry for that.)
@Ein ; did you ever noticed that your testicles have shrunken?