Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to miss you Bridgey. Thanks for all the advise!! Perhaps a few of us can join forces and build a hair loss treatment clinic...kind of like a brick and mortar version of this forum. I have certain credentials that could help...
Let's do it, an elite hair club. A medical community which actually takes hair loss seriously and allows people to use strong treatments if they so choose.. >) We could try vast experimentation of combos on different people, instead of mice. Compound our own topicals, inject people with adipose derived stem cells, and carry out clinical trails and make some hair loss awareness campaigns targeted against the normalization of making fun of men's balding. :rolleyes:

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and make some hair loss awareness campaigns targeted against the normalization of making fun of men's balding. :rolleyes:
As much as I hate hair loss, I think I would feel worse if it got a movement like fat acceptance. Being bald just looks weird/ugly if you don't have a certain face and skull shape, and the mockery balds guys get is just people's true feelings.

I think a better solution is a campaign to normalize treatment and replacement options.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
So my spironolactone just arrived today, going to start at 100mg morning 100mg at night. Wish me luck! :)

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
So my spironolactone just arrived today, going to start at 100mg morning 100mg at night. Wish me luck! :)
I'm back on cypro and changed the dose down to quarter pills, so 12.5 mg x 2 a week, one dose at 12.5 on Tuesday and already no thoughts of sex. Amazingly powerful drug.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm back on cypro and changed the dose down to quarter pills, so 12.5 mg x 2 a week, one dose at 12.5 on Tuesday and already no thoughts of sex. Amazingly powerful drug.

I don't want to go down the cypro route until i have exhausted all other options, wish you success in your hair loss battle.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want to go down the cypro route until i have exhausted all other options, wish you success in your hair loss battle.
Just start small with cypro, I think it amplifies the affects of other drugs - like finasteride/dutasteride/E don't have to work as hard backed by C
It might be like fentanyl even touching it can give an effect

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hoping you have great results from it!

Thanks, im going through a terrible shed right now though, don't know if it's oral minoxidil or dutasteride, started minoxidil in october last year and dutasteride november. Hopefully it stops soon.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, im going through a terrible shed right now though, don't know if it's oral minoxidil or dutasteride, started minoxidil in october last year and dutasteride november. Hopefully it stops soon.

I'm going through the initial dread shed from starting spironolactone. I'm hoping it ends soon.

Have you started the spironolactone?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going through the initial dread shed from starting spironolactone. I'm hoping it ends soon.

Have you started the spironolactone?

yeah i have started the spironolactone, shedding was happening before i started taking it though. No side-effects but it's still early days.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah i have started the spironolactone, shedding was happening before i started taking it though. No side-effects but it's still early days.

I have been on spironolactone for just over a month and the main 'side effects' I can report are: significantly softer and smoother skin, a reduction in acne and oiliness, a reduction in body hair along with slightly fuller cheeks and less fat in my jaw area.

I do have tenderness in my nipples, although that is most likely due to the estradiol I'm taking.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on spironolactone for just over a month and the main 'side effects' I can report are: significantly softer and smoother skin, a reduction in acne and oiliness, a reduction in body hair along with slightly fuller cheeks and less fat in my jaw area.

I do have tenderness in my nipples, although that is most likely due to the estradiol I'm taking.

Are you taking anything else other than spironolactone and estradiol?

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Fuller cheeks are the effect of estradiol.