Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
He has a great hair, but he looks like a woman though. You can see his pic on some of the pages ranging from 80 to 110.

That’s the same with me. I looked feminine before starting these medications which probably made me look more feminine now.

Thank you for the page numbers!

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hears my update lol. So I have temporarily quit taking spironolactone. It’s so annoying I had no gyno or any signs expect slight sensitive nipples. Then within a week they went puffy. And from puffy to small hard lumps (maybe 5mm in diameter) within 24 hours. I immediately stopped taking it when I noticed that they turned hard. And the same day and ordered some Nolva and in the two weeks it took to arrive my gyno got worse (maybe 40mm in diameter, a fair old size). My gyno has shrunk somewhat now in the week and a half I’ve been taking the meds (to about 25mm diameter) and Im waiting for letro to arrive to hopefully completely get rid of it.
I will be getting back on spironolactone though 100%. If my gyno didn't notice under a t shirt then I’d have stayed on it but it does. And summer has started (24 degrees haha) atleast in the uk where I’m from and I can’t be dealing added stress from the gyno haha.
I recently started 10mg of oral minoxidi so hopefully that helps a bit. spironolactone completely nuked my testosterone. At 200mg I was ejaculating almost nothing. So I’m going to stick at 150mg (as that didn’t feel like overkill when i was on that dosage) and see how my hair fairs from there.
My hair is doing good. And I still have my gains even after almost a month from being off spironolactone.

Hopefully my next update will be a success lol.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hears my update lol. So I have temporarily quit taking spironolactone. It’s so annoying I had no gyno or any signs expect slight sensitive nipples. Then within a week they went puffy. And from puffy to small hard lumps (maybe 5mm in diameter) within 24 hours. I immediately stopped taking it when I noticed that they turned hard. And the same day and ordered some Nolva and in the two weeks it took to arrive my gyno got worse (maybe 40mm in diameter, a fair old size). My gyno has shrunk somewhat now in the week and a half I’ve been taking the meds (to about 25mm diameter) and Im waiting for letro to arrive to hopefully completely get rid of it.
I will be getting back on spironolactone though 100%. If my gyno didn't notice under a t shirt then I’d have stayed on it but it does. And summer has started (24 degrees haha) atleast in the uk where I’m from and I can’t be dealing added stress from the gyno haha.
I recently started 10mg of oral minoxidi so hopefully that helps a bit. spironolactone completely nuked my testosterone. At 200mg I was ejaculating almost nothing. So I’m going to stick at 150mg (as that didn’t feel like overkill when i was on that dosage) and see how my hair fairs from there.
My hair is doing good. And I still have my gains even after almost a month from being off spironolactone.

Hopefully my next update will be a success lol.

How long were you on spironolactone?

Also, all of the men who used spironolactone and got gynecomastia said they stopped using it for a few weeks then went back on it and experienced no gynecomastia. Not sure why that is, but you could try that.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long were you on spironolactone?

Also, all of the men who used spironolactone and got gynecomastia said they stopped using it for a few weeks then went back on it and experienced no gynecomastia. Not sure why that is, but you could try that.

Hi mate. I started on January 10th.
And I was at 150mg dosage by around 10th of feb. And was on that dosage for a month with no sides. Only when I went on 200mg for just over 3weeks did I get sides. My e must’ve been through the roof. Which is why my gyno went from nothing to something in a few weeks. If you don’t care about gyno then fair enough, I thought I wouldn’t but. It’s only when you get it, you can make you mind up for sure.
I’m always going to have some nolva on hand incase I get it again though (i haven’t got rid of it completely yet lol).
Just bare that in mind mate. It wasn’t a gradual increase in size over months, every day it increased. So I’d get some nolva just incase. Hope this helps man. Just remember though you might not get gyno and I hope you don’t. Just be careful.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi mate. I started on January 10th.
And I was at 150mg dosage by around 10th of feb. And was on that dosage for a month with no sides. Only when I went on 200mg for just over 3weeks did I get sides. My e must’ve been through the roof. Which is why my gyno went from nothing to something in a few weeks. If you don’t care about gyno then fair enough, I thought I wouldn’t but. It’s only when you get it, you can make you mind up for sure.
I’m always going to have some nolva on hand incase I get it again though (i haven’t got rid of it completely yet lol).
Just bare that in mind mate. It wasn’t a gradual increase in size over months, every day it increased. So I’d get some nolva just incase. Hope this helps man. Just remember though you might not get gyno and I hope you don’t. Just be careful.

Personally, I don't mind gynecomastia. It doesn't effect me much; I haven't shown my body since 2014. As long as my hair density increases, along with me reversing the miniaturisation on my hairline, I'm happy.

I defiantly do have gynecomastia, especially since my nipples have the sensation (it's a pleasant sensation, although). I guess I just have to avoid dating, I wouldn't want guys to have a shock :eek:

Did your face change? And how much regrowth have you experienced?

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally, I don't mind gynecomastia. It doesn't effect me much; I haven't shown my body since 2014. As long as my hair density increases, along with me reversing the miniaturisation on my hairline, I'm happy.

I defiantly do have gynecomastia, especially since my nipples have the sensation (it's a pleasant sensation, although). I guess I just have to avoid dating, I wouldn't want guys to have a shock :eek:

Did your face change? And how much regrowth have you experienced?

That’s good then. You’ll definitely start seeing results. At around the third month whether thinning hair is growing thicker or if they are more routed as in don’t fall out of you pull them.
In terms of regrowth ive got loads of little hairs on hairline and I’m the Norwood 1,2 and 3 areas. They’ll probably fall out or not get any longer or darker until I restart spironolactone though.
Another thing I failed to mention is that I’m in to my fitness. I started going to the gym to bulk up in jan but I’ve stopped last month as my gyno is so obvious (less now). But before that I was running 10k around three times a week. I went for another run yesterday evening but had to bail as my gyno was bouncing around and actually causing pain. So that’s another reason why I want to get rid of gyno. Even today I bailed on going to the sea side with my friends because of my gyno.

Oh my appearance didn’t chance. But I did lose weight whilst of spironolactone and had to increase my calorie intake to over 4000 just to gain a little bit of weight a week. I’m eating 3000 calories a day now and in the last 2 weeks gained almost a stone.
I hope that helps. Good luck man.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s good then. You’ll definitely start seeing results. At around the third month whether thinning hair is growing thicker or if they are more routed as in don’t fall out of you pull them.
In terms of regrowth ive got loads of little hairs on hairline and I’m the Norwood 1,2 and 3 areas. They’ll probably fall out or not get any longer or darker until I restart spironolactone though.
Another thing I failed to mention is that I’m in to my fitness. I started going to the gym to bulk up in jan but I’ve stopped last month as my gyno is so obvious (less now). But before that I was running 10k around three times a week. I went for another run yesterday evening but had to bail as my gyno was bouncing around and actually causing pain. So that’s another reason why I want to get rid of gyno. Even today I bailed on going to the sea side with my friends because of my gyno.

Oh my appearance didn’t chance. But I did lose weight whilst of spironolactone and had to increase my calorie intake to over 4000 just to gain a little bit of weight a week. I’m eating 3000 calories a day now and in the last 2 weeks gained almost a stone.
I hope that helps. Good luck man.

Thank you for this information! How did you get your spironolactone? You're from the UK right?

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for this information! How did you get your spironolactone? You're from the UK right?

Yes I’m in the UK. I get mine from in-house. From an island of the coast of Australia. Vanuatu or something like that. Then do an international bank transfer. Royal Mail then send you an import tax charge and once paid it gets delivered.
No worries mate.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I’m in the UK. I get mine from in-house. From an island of the coast of Australia. Vanuatu or something like that. Then do an international bank transfer. Royal Mail then send you an import tax charge and once paid it gets delivered.
No worries mate.

You can get spironolactone on prescription in the UK; I got a prescription for it from my dermatologist. I wanted to order CPA from in-house but it never seems to be in stock...

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can get spironolactone on prescription in the UK; I got a prescription for it from my dermatologist. I wanted to order CPA from in-house but it never seems to be in stock...

Oh haha As far as my doctors aware I’m not losing my hair. I haven’t told anyone apart from my mum and dad. I probably should but I’m just battling it in secret.
Is your derm private? I basically live in London so I have access to loads.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh haha As far as my doctors aware I’m not losing my hair. I haven’t told anyone apart from my mum and dad. I probably should but I’m just battling it in secret.
Is your derm private? I basically live in London so I have access to loads.

Mine is under an NHS referral. Going private definitely is better though...

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So time for another update. I just went back to see my doctor today and he was very impressed with my results, I've regrown so much hair that he asked me is that all real and told me he thought that I had a hair transplant. I laughed and told hm that would have cost me 7 grand to get anything close to these results with a transplant and that it probably would fall out after a few years anyway. So he gave me another prescription and even said it's something he might have to consider when the time comes. He asked me if it's all right if some of his other patients can call me and ask for advice because he doesen't know enough about this stuff. I told him that would be fine with me. Everything continues to improve hair wise, fluffiness texture. This stuff has really turned back the clock for me. I have started going outside without toppik in my hair for the first time in close to 5 years. The wind is no longer my greatest enemy.

Of course all of this has come at a great cost. I still don't have the energy/libido that I used to and my gyno has continued to get worse. I really should take some time off and start taking raloxefine again but I don't want to lose any progress. I'm thinking of waiting for another month or two to take my break because like bridge says once you start seeing really good progress it becomes addictive and you just want more. My hair is still too thin to comb upward like Elvis or grow long like Robert Plant so I don't want to stop now. I want to be able to have any hairstyle I want. That will require me to put the clock back another 5 years. So I'm halfway to my goal. I have been on this stuff (estrogel and cypro) for over 8 months now and most of the results have come in the last 4. So I think another 8 months I could reach my goal of total hair recall.

Just a warning to you guys. I believe that most guys will not be able to get significant hair regrowth without getting significant gyno. Even finasteride gives guys gyno and their estrogen is only being elevated a small amount compared to what i'm doing. So be prepared anyone considering something similar. You could get lucky and get no gyno at all if you only need small doses so you never know. I believe it takes higher doses to regrow than to maintain so once I have reached a level where I'm happy I will take a much smaller maintenance dose. Hopefully that will be by the end of the year. Boy am I glad I didn't wait another year for brotzu.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for updating and congrats on the continued success. Your story is definitely inspiring. It's so hard to find the 'right' mixture of drugs and then stick to a regimen long enough to see results.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So time for another update. I just went back to see my doctor today and he was very impressed with my results, I've regrown so much hair that he asked me is that all real and told me he thought that I had a hair transplant. I laughed and told hm that would have cost me 7 grand to get anything close to these results with a transplant and that it probably would fall out after a few years anyway. So he gave me another prescription and even said it's something he might have to consider when the time comes. He asked me if it's all right if some of his other patients can call me and ask for advice because he doesen't know enough about this stuff. I told him that would be fine with me. Everything continues to improve hair wise, fluffiness texture. This stuff has really turned back the clock for me. I have started going outside without toppik in my hair for the first time in close to 5 years. The wind is no longer my greatest enemy.

Of course all of this has come at a great cost. I still don't have the energy/libido that I used to and my gyno has continued to get worse. I really should take some time off and start taking raloxefine again but I don't want to lose any progress. I'm thinking of waiting for another month or two to take my break because like bridge says once you start seeing really good progress it becomes addictive and you just want more. My hair is still too thin to comb upward like Elvis or grow long like Robert Plant so I don't want to stop now. I want to be able to have any hairstyle I want. That will require me to put the clock back another 5 years. So I'm halfway to my goal. I have been on this stuff (estrogel and cypro) for over 8 months now and most of the results have come in the last 4. So I think another 8 months I could reach my goal of total hair recall.

Just a warning to you guys. I believe that most guys will not be able to get significant hair regrowth without getting significant gyno. Even finasteride gives guys gyno and their estrogen is only being elevated a small amount compared to what i'm doing. So be prepared anyone considering something similar. You could get lucky and get no gyno at all if you only need small doses so you never know. I believe it takes higher doses to regrow than to maintain so once I have reached a level where I'm happy I will take a much smaller maintenance dose. Hopefully that will be by the end of the year. Boy am I glad I didn't wait another year for brotzu.
I had 5 minutes of glory last month with oral min, topical E, finasteride and dermastamping. All of that, or some mixture of those, brought things back to life. Unfortunately I had to tinker with my regimen and I'm thinning again on the top and behind the hairline :( I've still got new hairs growing in on the hairline though, so that's the only thing keeping me positive. Also using a low dose of ralox for the last 4 weeks (30 mg).

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for updating and congrats on the continued success. Your story is definitely inspiring. It's so hard to find the 'right' mixture of drugs and then stick to a regimen long enough to see results.

Yeah no problem I need to boast to somebody!

I had 5 minutes of glory last month with oral min, topical E, finasteride and dermastamping. All of that, or some mixture of those, brought things back to life. Unfortunately I had to tinker with my regimen and I'm thinning again on the top and behind the hairline :( I've still got new hairs growing in on the hairline though, so that's the only thing keeping me positive. Also using a low dose of ralox for the last 4 weeks (30 mg).

It might be the raloxifene that is thinning your hair out. I know it does to mine when I take it.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score

How much E were you using last 4 months. I think you said 2-3mg last time?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@nWo Wolfpac do you still produce semen?

Yes I never stopped. I take too many breaks of a week off here and there for that effect to happen to me.

How much E were you using last 4 months. I think you said 2-3mg last time?

Yeah I have been using 2.25 mg for most of the last 4 months but recently in the last few weeks I've been taking 3 mg every day. I've bumped up my e dose because I want to take less cypro because it causes me sleep problems. I'm going to try taking just 12.5 mg of cypro every other day. Also I stopped dermarolling a couple of months ago. I suspected it wasn't really doing anything for me and it looks like I was right.

Last edited:

Left4bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thank you so much for your feedback... I really appreciate ! Thanks man !

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I never stopped. I take too many breaks of a week off here and there for that effect to happen to me.

Yeah I have been using 2.25 mg for most of the last 4 months but recently in the last few weeks I've been taking 3 mg every day. I've bumped up my e dose because I want to take less cypro because it causes me sleep problems. I'm going to try taking just 12.5 mg of cypro every other day. Also I stopped dermarolling a couple of months ago. I suspected it wasn't really doing anything for me and it looks like I was right.
when you went through sheds did your temples recede a bit before growing back in?