EVERYONE Will Get Finasteride Side-Effects Eventually

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I started finasteride in 1998 I had zero sides, last time I did a 3 months cycle during my hair transplant in 2019, I had sides
Do you have any regrets then about taking finasteride over all that time?.

Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
CB aka Winlevi/Breezula is the solution, the studies showed that even at the lowest dosage everyone maintained their hair and with no side effects. The drug is now FDA approved.

Lol. No, the study showed that even at 1% with the WinLevi cream around 5% of users got HPA axis suppression - this is actually a worse safety profile than Finasteride, going by the official studies.

Now imagine what happens when you use CB at 7.5% twice a day.

ryan.kent221968

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, this is an interesting thread. I'm that young adult taking finasteride, I'm 23 and started at 22, right before when COVID appeared. My friends noticed my hairline was going when I was about 19 and it has caused me a lot of stress, depression and anxiety.

I haven't experienced many side effects with finasteride over the year, I only struggle with erections when I'm actually thinking about the side effects but I have been going through some depressive episodes however that may be more lockdown related plus I wasn't in the best state of mind pre finasteride anyway.

This thread has encouraged me to stop finasteride for a bit and see if there is any difference in my day-to-day and I'm also going to try micro-needling, but I'm not holding out much hope for it.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
RU seems like it's worth a shot for those suffering particularly at the hairline. Being an experimental, I do understand the concerns. It's an NSAA, whereas CB is steroidal, so the side effect profiles might have a lot of variance among individuals. Whatevr might have more insight.

el_duterino

Reaction score
Lol. No, the study showed that even at 1% with the WinLevi cream around 5% of users got HPA axis suppression - this is actually a worse safety profile than Finasteride, going by the official studies.

I never read a post from someone having to stop CB due to sides we have been ordering and using this stuff for at least 6 years from China now.
I use it and have zero sides. Maybe 5% or 10% will have some issues.. so what, 90% will be fine
Do you have any regrets then about taking finasteride over all that time?.
not at all, I am glad I used it and it saved my hair back then. I took it for 6 years then dutasteride for another 4. dutasteride is bad for sides, I would not recommend it now. finasteride is all we had anyway, not many choices back then

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is Breezula meant to stand for something then?........might as well of just called it Barnetzilla

el_duterino

Reaction score
RU seems like it's worth a shot for those suffering particularly at the hairline. Being an experimental, I do understand the concerns. It's an NSAA, whereas CB is steroidal, so the side effect profiles might have a lot of variance among individuals. Whatevr might have more insight.
RU stays active for an hour in blood - half life - enough to cause fairly noticeable side effects...like a dick not working when you need it etc..
So Its pretty much dead as a hairloss drug, but yes its more effective than finasteride at the hairline. I used it for 9 years so I guess I had enough time to find out the pros and cons.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RU stays active for an hour in blood - half life - enough to cause fairly noticeable side effects...like a dick not working when you need it etc..
So Its pretty much dead as a hairloss drug, but yes its more effective than finasteride at the hairline. I used it for 9 years so I guess I had enough time to find out the pros and cons.

Could you describe its pros and cons more please? I've been reading about RU for a bit and the idea of using a research chemical on my head long-term is pretty worrisome, mostly due to those studies that suggest that it could be linked to lung problems or glaucoma. CB seems like a safer, but less effective and more expensive option.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never read a post from someone having to stop CB due to sides we have been ordering and using this stuff for at least 6 years from China now.
I use it and have zero sides. Maybe 5% or 10% will have some issues.. so what, 90% will be fine

not at all, I am glad I used it and it saved my hair back then. I took it for 6 years then dutasteride for another 4. dutasteride is bad for sides, I would not recommend it now. finasteride is all we had anyway, not many choices back then
Did you ever test that cb from china. It might have shitty purity or they sold fake powder.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Could you please screenshot and post the part where those results are revealed, I looked through lightly but didn’t find it

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you please screenshot and post the part where those results are revealed, I looked through lightly but didn’t find it
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

el_duterino

Reaction score
Did you ever test that cb from china. It might have shitty purity or they sold fake powder.
No I never did, but some others did back then and it was pretty pure but who knows anyway. I still use the Chinese made CB to this day and it works fine, no issues or side effects to report after 3 years of usage.
I must have ordered about 5 or 6 batches over this period and only the first one seemed to give side effects, so maybe it wasn't CB who knows. RU and CB powder look exactly the same.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reading a thread like this is partly fascinating but mostly exhausting.

What's the deal with all of the insults and sniping and childish dialogue?

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I never did, but some others did back then and it was pretty pure but who knows anyway. I still use the Chinese made CB to this day and it works fine, no issues or side effects to report after 3 years of usage.
I must have ordered about 5 or 6 batches over this period and only the first one seemed to give side effects, so maybe it wasn't CB who knows. RU and CB powder look exactly the same.
sorry to bother you again with that but you said you used fluridil in the past did you notice any sides while on it and do you consider it somewhat effective to target scalp T and maintain hairlines for somewhat unwilling to use RUor CB ? thanks

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reading a thread like this is partly fascinating but mostly exhausting.

What's the deal with all of the insults and sniping and childish dialogue?
Why are people insulting each other on the internet? It’s exhausting!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Again: While there isn't better stuff in the market, that's what people will take.
male pattern baldness is always and everywhere a hormonal phenomenon.

It's strange that the same folks who go to the mat for DHT's being necessary for good health and against the use of reductase inhibitors, etc, should continue to pursue different hormonal solutions to their problems with hair loss. Maybe hair loss is part of a particular body's settings and should not be messed with. I don't believe this but the irony is real when people eschew reductase inhibitors for other hormonal meds that have been far less tested and that lack a history of human use and which above all, either barely work or don't work at all and which are far from cheap.

Honestly, I am so tired of hearing about RU and a couple of the others that never go anywhere that it makes me think that for many on here, this is just a sisyphean exercise in existentialism. Goddess bless.

el_duterino

Reaction score
sorry to bother you again with that but you said you used fluridil in the past did you notice any sides while on it and do you consider it somewhat effective to target scalp T and maintain hairlines for somewhat unwilling to use RUor CB ? thanks
I consider fluridil an ineffective treatment. Its been around for maybe 20 years and I never read posts of people having success maintain hair on it, It may help a bit but its not a replacement to finasteride and is weaker than minoxidil. I even tried to use fluridil 3 times per day at 3 different times for a couple of months but it was not more effective either. No sides effects though.