EVERYONE Will Get Finasteride Side-Effects Eventually

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride stops further loss. It isn’t a regrowth tool. Minoxidil is used for regrowth. That’s why you had that experience. Oral minoxidil also has more sides effects and it’s much more dangerous then finasteride.
Though those may be valid contentions in regards to the mechanisms by which those drugs operate, that is by no means the extent of the EFFECTS those drugs may have - which, is all that really matters. Finasteride's mechanism is to prevent further loss, but plenty plenty plenty of people see regrowth. Minoxidil operates in a stimulative manner, but it's actually maintained and stopped shedding on levels finasteride didn't do for me. I could care less what mechanism a drug operates so long as side effects are manageable and the results are there.

Your opinion on finasteride vs. oral minoxidil is just that.... your opinion. It is dependent on the dose and individual. Said absolute claims are naive and peremptory.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your pro oral min and anti finasteride, then I’m sorry your definition of dangerous is suspect. If I couldn’t handle finasteride due to sides, I certainly would not go on oral min. I’d explore transplant routes.
If that's the conclusion you've came to based on the bevy of statements I have made then you shouldn't even reply to me anymore because you clearly are misrepresenting my position.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with you on the fact that oral minoxidil is way more dangerous than finasteride, but for a guy in his twenties that is scared of sexual sides it is pretty great treatment that works, and for majority of young healthy guys dosage of 1,2 or even 5 mg is decently safe.
I agree! It’s a personal choice. I also think it’s not practical to take term. I personally wouldn’t take duasteride, oral min, etc. and then I think the men who use sh*t like estrogen are insane. For me, I don’t wanna trade one problem for another. For as long as finasteride doesn’t give me problems, I’m chilling. Like the guy from more plates more dates says, having dht is optimal for certain functions. And if you care about having your best sex drive or best strength, over hair, then you shouldn’t take finasteride. (He takes finasteride btw). I pretty much agree with Derek from more plates more dates on finasteride. PERSONALLY, before finasteride I could probably jerk off 6 times a day. On finasteride I can jerk off 2-3 times a day and have sex every day still. So I went from being sex addict level horny to above average horny. So someone like pigeon would say “yes that is a side effect”. Maybe yeah! But I enjoy sex as much, and have sex as much as always, and don’t notice any other issues and I have better hair. Going bald would be worse then any of this lol. So yes, optimal dht is good for certain things. But blocking it is usually fine for most people. That’s my two cents, to each his own. Btw I took a month break from finasteride for 2 months to see if I’d notice a difference. Over the 2 months I was slightly more horny. I noticed no difference in my lifts at the gym or my ability to lose weight. On and off finasteride I can still bench 225 for 12 reps, I can still squat 315 for 10 reps, etc. this is my experience. This is why I don’t see what all the fuss is about.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Though those may be valid contentions in regards to the mechanisms by which those drugs operate, that is by no means the extent of the EFFECTS those drugs may have - which, is all that really matters. Finasteride's mechanism is to prevent further loss, but plenty plenty plenty of people see regrowth. Minoxidil operates in a stimulative manner, but it's actually maintained and stopped shedding on levels finasteride didn't do for me. I could care less what mechanism a drug operates so long as side effects are manageable and the results are there.

Your opinion on finasteride vs. oral minoxidil is just that.... your opinion. It is dependent on the dose and individual. Said absolute claims are naive and peremptory.
Well this might be true but oral min might lose its effectiveness over time due to dht still being there, and you might also not be physically able to take oral min for long periods of time. That’s all I’m saying in terms of it not being practical (in my opinion)

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also understand what people like pigeon mean in regards to the percents in studies being off. If I was in the study for finasteride they wouldn’t list me as having any sides, despite me possibly being slightly less horny on finasteride. The point is that finasteride usually doesn’t cause anyone to get anything significant or noticeable to anyone or even themselves . People who use these forums tend to already be very hyper focused

user394587

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with Derek's stance on the topic as well. Finasteride is obviously not a healthy thing to take. I don't think anyone is under the illusion that it is. Unfortunately, it's the only medication that addresses the root cause of the issue that has any sort of comprehensive research done on it. Of course, you have things like topical dutasteride that exist, but who knows what the long term side effect profile of that is? Personally I'm still on the fence about even considering medication, but if I decide to take that route, it'll be oral or topical finasteride.

I'm also of the opinion that getting proper blood work done is extremely important prior to finasteride usage. It won't tell you if you'll experience some of the more rare interactions regarding neurosteroids, but at the very least, you can assess whether or not you'll get some of the more common side effects.

For instance, if you're an individual who has low free testosterone and low free DHT, you can't be surprised when you have ED or libido issues when you reduce serum DHT by 70%. Likewise, you can't be surprised if you have high estrogen levels and develop gynecomastia when taking finasteride.

The way I look at it, until I see some high quality research around regarding a realistic alternative, finasteride is probably the "best" option. Obviously it's complete garbage for your health, but it's the devil you know. I think it basically just boils down to if you're willing to roll the dice on your health to keep your hair. Some people can take it for 10+ years and have a great experience. Other people take it for 1 week and get wrecked by it. Definitely not a fun choice to make.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I've seen it looks like topical duta is safer yes. Still watch out of course, problems for many guys begin slowly. But topical duta is the only way of using an AA I would dare to use with what I know now.

An lol at John's typical lies and coping, he's so emotionally invested in his hormone treatment to save his hair he loses any ability to reason. Oh well, he will learn, the same with all of the other copers hiding their heads in the sand.
thanks fot the answer can ask you waht' your stance on fluridil safety aswell . i might go for zix+ topical duta + fluridil to tackle the extra test ( as i won't touch anything from kane from now on )

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's something everyone here can agree on I believe, please do some bloodwork to check your hormone levels BEFORE starting fina or even "possible safer" things like topical duta.
For people critical of finasteride or in the volume its being prescribed, perhaps that is one of the things that should be pushed for. Currently you can receive a prescription and purchase finasteride 1mg from a licensed online pharmacy in the Uk, , just by filling out a short questionnaire, there is no face to face contact and no mention of any need to do any blood work, so I'm fairly sure the majority of first time users who source it this way are unaware of this recommendation.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's something everyone here can agree on I believe, please do some bloodwork to check your hormone levels BEFORE starting fina or even "possible safer" things like topical duta.

And yeah I agree with a lot Derek says, he also acknowledges PFS exists and even helps them recover but I still think he minimalizes the risks. One of the few youtube "gurus" I somewhat respect.

@LouisSarkozy I would advise not using fluridil/eucapil for now. Zix and topical duta should be more than enough. Looking at the mechanisms of fluridil, it's best to stay away if possible imo. (although I would put this in a safer category than oral
thanks for the answer but i need something to specifically target scalp T ( was thinking on starting on eucapil alone for a few weeks on hte hairline just to see if my therory about my hairloss is true then add topical dutasteride) and can't think of anything else i can buy from a legit supplier.

thought that eucapil was side effect free as it was supposed not to go systemic can you enlightened me on the sides please ? i'll do bloodwork to make sure btw.

thanks you so much

nicoandgello

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everything can go systemic, the molar mass of eucapil is <500 mol so it will definitely go systemic. But I have to read more about it to properly advise you. It's an AR antagonist but I've seen people having typical anti androgenic side effects from these things too.

Derek made a good vid about it:

Lol, when reading one of his older articles I came across this:

"Finasteride and Dutasteride work “great” for the majority of guys who don't use steroids and are lucky enough to not crash their systemic DHT levels so hard that they end up with erectile dysfunction, brain fog, and a fatter less muscular physique.

If you can’t tell already, I’m not a fan of Finasteride or Dutasteride.

DHT is responsible for so many necessary functions of your body, that systemically destroying it with Finasteride or Dutasteride is just absurd to me when there are far better options available."

But it's from one of his older articles on RU https://moreplatesmoredates.com/ru58841/
I mean, what options do you have if you have ANDROGENIC Alopecia, and want to maintain your locks. None. Finasterise for most people seems like lesser evil. No one takes that sh*t for the taste.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everything can go systemic, the molar mass of eucapil is <500 mol so it will definitely go systemic. But I have to read more about it to properly advise you. It's an AR antagonist but I've seen people having typical anti androgenic side effects from these things too.

Derek made a good vid about it:

Lol, when reading one of his older articles I came across this:

"Finasteride and Dutasteride work “great” for the majority of guys who don't use steroids and are lucky enough to not crash their systemic DHT levels so hard that they end up with erectile dysfunction, brain fog, and a fatter less muscular physique.

If you can’t tell already, I’m not a fan of Finasteride or Dutasteride.

DHT is responsible for so many necessary functions of your body, that systemically destroying it with Finasteride or Dutasteride is just absurd to me when there are far better options available."

But it's from one of his older articles on RU https://moreplatesmoredates.com/ru58841/
thanks again but what are my options then for scalp T ? though fluridil might be safer than RU an CB ?

if according to you zix+ fluridil seemed like a safe combo i'll sttart on that then i'll upgrade to topical duta +fluridil( then winlevi when available) and then i'll probably give up for good on hair

but again thought the molecule in eucapil was suppoed to be hydrophobic or smthing and not reaching the system but i'm retarded and you're probaly right i read ppl had sides .

btw do you think topical duta once a week is safe than topical fina daily ? ( IT seems on the discord so far that's topical duta might be safer due to the reduce systemic absorpiton)

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kevin Mann states he didn't have any side effects for fluridil, but it was just a weak treatment and I agree with him 100%. It is definitely going to be safer than experimentals, not only IMO, but for the fact that the Czech Republic approved it based on some studies. It's hydrophobic and designed to break down once it makes contact with the water in your bloodstream.

Of course that is just my experience. Even though I doubt many would even have sides from it, I'm sure it's possible, just like anything else.

Topical duta sounds like something worth trying as well - however my main concern would be with it potentially increasing T on the hairline. Maybe RU would be a good compliment to it. But then again it could just upregulate things and nuke your hairline. However I would think that topical duta would be a pretty safe option in areas other than the hairline though in terms of efficacy.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My general impression of fluridil is that while it would be weak for actual regrowth, it was great on my scalp. Not greasy or sticky, no residue, dries in seconds, doesn't mess with hair texture, and did a great job at combating the itch. It has isopropyl alcohol, though, so there might be some people who would get a dry scalp on it. But mine is constantly greasy and so it did a great job at addressing that. It's also probably too weak to cause upregulation, so that's a plus. Worth a trial IMO. If I remember correctly it's only a 2% concentration.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My general impression of fluridil is that while it would be weak for actual regrowth, it was great on my scalp. Not greasy or sticky, no residue, dries in seconds, doesn't mess with hair texture, and did a great job at combating the itch. It has isopropyl alcohol, though, so there might be some people who would get a dry scalp on it. But mine is constantly greasy and so it did a great job at addressing that. It's also probably too weak to cause upregulation, so that's a plus. Worth a trial IMO. If I remember correctly it's only a 2% concentration.
thanks gonna try it on on my hairline for a few week ( I won't touch RU or CB from kane) . it does target T right? just want to make sure.

will get bloodwork after just to make sure it doesnt get systemic

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks gonna try it on on my hairline for a few week ( I won't touch RU or CB from kane) . it does target T right? just want to make sure.

will get bloodwork after just to make sure it doesnt get systemic
It'll target the androgen receptors, so yeah it will compete with T, that's why I used it on my hairline. I don't know what the binding affinity is but I believe it's weaker than CB which is weaker than RU.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think sides from Dutasteride and Finasteride are overblown.

First of all, muscle mass is not really affected, since you will get higher free testosterone levels as less test gets converted into DHT. DHT can give you a bit more shredded look, so maybe you won't get that, but it's not a big deal.

Secondly, brain fog - not sure, never experienced it.

Thirdly, erection issues - this is a problem, but can be fixed with tadalafil and sildenafil and in extreme cases PGE-1 injections. Hair is still more valuable. If you are bald there is no use of that horny needy erection, since women will dry up looking at that aged, receding scalp. With finasteride/dutasteride you can maintain beautiful hair and at least get some affection + fix any erection issues with afore mentioned

wtf did I just read lmao

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair is still more valuable. If you are bald there is no use of that horny needy erection, since women will dry up looking at that aged, receding scalp. With finasteride/dutasteride you can maintain beautiful hair and at least get some affection + fix any erection issues with afore mentioned treatments.
I’m not bald but this isn’t accurate, dude. Sure hair is important and I’d like to keep mine till the day I die but many bald guys are slaying it. This is the worst kind of fear mongering on this forum.

el_duterino

Reaction score
I agree that eventually everyone get side effects on finasteride, as natural libido goes down with age. When I started finasteride in 1998 I had zero sides, last time I did a 3 months cycle during my hair transplant in 2019, I had sides.
Age plays a big role.
CB aka Winlevi/Breezula is the solution, the studies showed that even at the lowest dosage everyone maintained their hair and with no side effects. The drug is now FDA approved.

CB is more effective than finasteride because the CB studies did look at the overall hair count while the finasteride studies only looked at the crown, easier to maintain than hairlines. These finasteride studies, were not only misleading on the side effects but also on the effectiveness over time.

I never read of long time finasteride users - more than 10 years - who were confident that it kept their hairline intact as well as their crown.

The only single finasteride study looking at the hairline, done years later, did conclude that finasteride was less effective at the hairline than it is at the crown.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Breezula? sounds like a character from the jungle book.............I would be interested in trying this for the very front of my hairline when it is finally released, people have been talking about the next big thing for as far back as I can remember, so its good if there is finally something newly FDA approved on the horizon. If this was available 20 years ago I still think I would have taken finasteride for all this time though, Its difficult for me to be critical of something that has been able to keep 95% of my hair over this time with almost zero day to day effort on my part.
I never read of long time finasteride users - more than 10 years - who were confident that it kept their hairline intact as well as their crown.
Ive never experience any, or looked like i was about to have any hair loss in the crown. so although a cm or so of my hairline has indeed left the building the rest has stayed pretty much intact so for me it still worked pretty well all things considered. Had I rode the whole thing out without a switch to fincar I think I would have made it to this point with no noticeable further loss than when I started

Last edited: